X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by ProMKD View Post
    I'm not going to comment on your questions, because the poster of this topic should be suspended for a day for promoting hate amongst Macedonians.
    I somewhat agree but would not call for suspension.
    This topic would cause further division which is ripe amongst us as it is.

Not that i am playing safe and sit on the fence, but i will say this and its reality. Both Diaspora and ROM citizens have patriots and a fair share of unpatriotic tossers.

Originally posted by razmkd View Post
    I just personally believe the outsiders are more patriotic because they miss the land more thats all.
    That could be true, but you could also argue, those insiders cherish it more because its all they have. they live it, breath it are born there and will get buried there.
    Last edited by Bill77; 04-12-2012, 04:03 AM.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• ProMKD
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
      I have family on Ohrid who or are SDSM sheep and stooges, they are retards. I have family in Strumica who work in a "organization" that helps macedonians obtain bulgarian passports and citizenship easily and faster, they are retards too. Wether you are in the diaspora or the rep of macedonia, if you do retarded things that hinder macedonian nationalism then you are a retard in my book
      100% agreed - a retard is a retard no matter where he lives. I just didn`t like the generalization.

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
      Funny you complain about the original poster making divisions in the community for asking one question, yet you come up here putting down Macedonians in the diaspora who either dont have the best skills in speaking Macedonian or cant speak it at all.

What next, all Macedonians that are not orthodox christian aren't true macedonians?
      I know, I did it on purpose. It sounds terrible, doesn`t it? I wanted to show that it goes both ways, if you want to insult an entire group of people, the `east coast/west coast` thing could go on forever. I posted on another thread (The Macedonian section) that George S should learn Macedonian, and I said we would all help him, and I believe he is a patriot even though he`s not fluent in his own language.
      My point is, lets promote unity, not point out `who is more patriotic` in someone`s opinion, because nobody has counted each individual patriot both in Macedonia and the diaspora, so any opinions would be factless.
      www.everythingmacedonia.com
      Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• Voltron
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

Diaspora are more patriotic. Anybody trying to suggest otherwise is just fooling themselves.

Diasporites hurt much more for their country than their countrymen living in them. I know this as an ex-diasporite leaving everything back home in the US to live in Greece only to be utterly disappointed by how complacent people are here. Now, Im making way to go back home after a more than a decade here in Greece. We should publicly scorn and exile our current leaders and replace them all with people from the diaspora. The only negative thing about the diaspora which I must admit is that they bring their fair share of nationalism which can be a detriment sometimes, but if that can be checked than our problems can be solved tomorrow.

Comment

• ProMKD
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
          Diaspora are more patriotic. Anybody trying to suggest otherwise is just fooling themselves.

Diasporites hurt much more for their country than their countrymen living in them. I know this as an ex-diasporite leaving everything back home in the US to live in Greece only to be utterly disappointed by how complacent people are here. Now, Im making way to go back home after a more than a decade here in Greece. We should publicly scorn and exile our current leaders and replace them all with people from the diaspora. The only negative thing about the diaspora which I must admit is that they bring their fair share of nationalism which can be a detriment sometimes, but if that can be checked than our problems can be solved tomorrow.
          Why are you here?

Comment

• Voltron
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Why do you have Solun on your location ?

Comment

• ProMKD
              • Oct 2011

Ugh, mods, why are you entertaining this fool. Let's keep this to be a Macedonian forum!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

ProMKD, this is a Macedonian forum. If Voltron breaks the rules he knows he will sent packing. Otherwise, he is entitled to ask questions so long as he doesn't pursue some sort of stupid agenda, and that can't been seen from one question. If he eventually intends to (falsely) inform you that Macedonians have nothing to do with Solun then I will ban him myself.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• ProMKD
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SoldierOfMacedon
                  ProMKD, this is a Macedonian forum. If Voltron breaks the rules he knows he will sent packing. Otherwise, he is entitled to ask questions so long as he doesn't pursue some sort of stupid agenda, and that can't been seen from one question. If he eventually intends to (falsely) inform you that Macedonians have nothing to do with Solun then I will ban him myself.
                  Fair enough.

Why do you have Solun on your location ?
                  Because Solun is a part of Aegean Macedonia, which was unjustly stolen from my people and country in 1913 by your people, with the help of Western powers. I, and millions of other Macedonians, feel a strong relationship with Solun, and all of Aegean Macedonia, because it belongs to us and you are illegally occupying it.

Comment

• razmkd
                    • Apr 2012

your the one that should be banned ProMKD

Comment

• Brian
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2011

mmm? Both have got patriots and tossers - hard to say.

We should publicly scorn and exile our current leaders and replace them all with people from the diaspora.
                      Ahhh...???
                      When the shite hit the fan you had Papandreou in power - born and educated in USA (diaspora? or Greek colony?) and his father lived there off and on. He presided over the hoodwinking of the Greek people.

Currently, Papademos was a banker from Chicago and EU Bank and IMF, would you call him a blow-back from the diaspora? He is in effect the overseer of the liquidation of Greek assets and sovereignty.

Like I said, diaspora and locals have patriots and tossers.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by razmkd
                        your the one that should be banned ProMKD
                        ProMKD has done nothing that would warrant a ban. He is entitled to his opinion and can get passionate from time to time - as can we all. You're rather new here, razmkd, I would take some time to understand the perceptions of other people and how they came to their conclusions before you start suggesting a 'ban'. Does the opinion of ProMKD - as somebody that lives in Macedonia - differ from ours in the diaspora? In some cases, yes. But we have few Macedonians like him in Macedonia that are prepared to be more vocal, so for mine he is more than welcome here at the MTO.
                        Originally posted by ProMKD
                        Because Solun is a part of Aegean Macedonia, which was unjustly stolen from my people and country in 1913 by your people, with the help of Western powers. I, and millions of other Macedonians, feel a strong relationship with Solun, and all of Aegean Macedonia, because it belongs to us and you are illegally occupying it.
                        Voltron, you have your answer (like you weren't already aware). Now get on with it and stop creating smoke where there's no fire. Don't be perceived to be negating Macedonian history with your anti-Macedonian BS.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Voltron
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                          Ahhh...???
                          When the shite hit the fan you had Papandreou in power - born and educated in USA (diaspora? or Greek colony?) and his father lived there off and on. He presided over the hoodwinking of the Greek people.

Currently, Papademos was a banker from Chicago and EU Bank and IMF, would you call him a blow-back from the diaspora? He is in effect the overseer of the liquidation of Greek assets and sovereignty.

Like I said, diaspora and locals have patriots and tossers.
                          No, Papandreou doesnt count since the only reason why he was elected was due to his family lineage. The fact that he has some American education doesnt exempt him from being a total idiot. Papademos doesnt personify the diaspora either. We need more people like Peter Economides for example (known for his rebranding Greece lecture). The mentality has to change first and foremost and the Diaspora already meets that requirement. Dont kid yourself.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                            • Aug 2011

razmkd no offense dude,but I find the topic of this thread irrelevant and ridiculous to say the least.I've tried to stay out of this discussion but the more comments I see the more annoyed I became.Come on fellas,I mean, - "who's more patriotic"? P L E A S E ...The examples 'for' and 'against' can go on forever on this subject without coming to a logical and straight conclusion or answer to sum up.There are young boys being killed,neighboring countries' propaganda to battle,historical facts being distorted to favor someone else's agenda...And you guys are discussing THIS sort of thing?!To me this is just a waste of time,let's go people,there are many more interesting threads out here to discuss,why would we talk about who's being more patriotic,what's the point?!
                            Last edited by DraganOfStip; 04-18-2012, 08:15 PM.
                            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices
                            ― George Orwell

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Although it may be an interesting question it can also be perceived as divisive in some respects. There really is no clear answer and there are many arguments that can be put forth for both sides. At the end of the day, there are patriotic, ignorant, indifferent and treacherous Macedonians in Macedonia, the occupied parts, and the diaspora.

Comment

• ProMKD
                                • Oct 2011

I would rather see a topic titled "how to bring Macedonians together" or something like that. Power in unity, power in numbers.

The most important thing is to get the message across - this is who we are, this is what we want. The internet has enabled an enormous amount of information to be shared and collected, and the more we voice it, the more people will read it, and hopefully understand and agree with it.

Have an opinion, tell the world! Fight for Macedonia!

Comment

Working...
                                X