X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Tito's "space program"

To the jackarse that actually believed this (yes, that is a reference to you Brian/Toby), the producers have stated that its basically a hoax, a film to make money.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/arti...s-ex-yugoslavs

Sorry, I couldn't find the original thread, but thought it was worth following up on this.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
  • Zarni
    Banned
    • May 2011

What evidence have you got to say without a doubt this is all a hoax, there is nothing wrong with hoping interest in turn generates money and investors to help make a film
    Last edited by Zarni; 03-26-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
      What evidence have you got to say without a doubt this is all a hoax, there is nothing wrong with hoping interest in turn generates money and investors to help make a film
      Because that's what the producers said - its a loose mix of "fact" (in inverted comma's, get it?) and fiction (get it?). Maybe try and actually read the article, the link for which I provided.

I never said there was anything wrong with hoping to make money out of it - you don't need to read a conspiracy into my post.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Zarni
        Banned
        • May 2011

Yeah I have I just dont see an admission beyond collecting money for the production by the film makers you are reading into I think

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
          Yeah I have I just dont see an admission beyond collecting money for the production by the film makers you are reading into I think
          Is this the calibre of people we attract here...?

Some direct qoutes:

The Virc brothers freely admit that they are combining fiction with facts in Houston
          Notice above the admission of fiction.

Key “facts” behind the project are documents that testify that Yugoslavia was buying rockets from the US, the existence of an underground military base near Bihac, in northwest Bosnia, and Tito's visits to the US space agency NASA.
          You'll notice the "facts" noted above are general common knowledge with no specific information.

“What we wanted to do was a feature, but when we started exploring the topic, we came on so many checkable facts that we decided to do a docudrama, combining fiction with facts.”
          Notice above the producer himself admits to the fiction.

The Virc brothers say they are not too hung up about facts, they just want to make a good film.

“At this stage of the project, it is less important if all information we believe to be facts is accurate,” they say.
          Notice above that they don't care whether their film is accurate or not.

accepting that there might well be a heavily fictional element to their work
          In addition, we have already discussed ad-nauseum the ridiculousness of Yugoslavia having a space program considering it did not have the technical, intellectual or financial capacity. Zarni, people like yourself (uninformed and sensationalist) are perfect targets for money-makers like these guys.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
            that its basically a hoax,

That perfectly describes the "greatness" and "utopia" and pretty much everything about yugoslavia in a nutshell

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
              That perfectly describes the "greatness" and "utopia" and pretty much everything about yugoslavia in a nutshell
              I agree - one big hoax. They should have called it Yugohoaxia.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I agree - one big hoax. They should have called it Yugohoaxia.
                Macehoaxia?
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

i had a feeling that it might have been a hoax as the only people that did of pioneering of space was the russians & americans it was a space race.Later the eu space agency got involved launching their aurion rockets.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Brian
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2011

To the jackarse that actually believed this (yes, that is a reference to you Brian/Toby), the producers have stated that its basically a hoax, a film to make money.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/arti...s-ex-yugoslavs

Sorry, I couldn't find the original thread, but thought it was worth following up on this.
                    Maybe if you looked up the original thread you would have known I NEVER said I believed it but was open to the idea and would definitely want to see the evidence first instead of letting my prejudices and spite guide me to false assumption and conclusions and thereby make a jackass of myself - get it jackass?

And stop calling me Toby ect, I think by now you would have notice significant differences in my writing and thoughts to any former member instead of focussing on a few traits in common - ie racist, lives in Australia, male, and into alternate media (all extremely common) - as your 'absolute' proof I am him.

In fact it's one of the reasons I was so hesitant to join earlier - firstly (while OziMak was still around) because of the way you treat people who are into alternate media despite there being 10's of millions around the world (look at why Vestarec left very soon after joining "no open thought" and it's a "click" even though RtG thought his writing was a "breath of fresh air") and later precisely that out of your narrow spiteful mind you would accuse me of being him (OziMak) based on just for a few basic traits in common and that I would have to deal with defending myself. If it wasn't for (as stated elsewhere) Ron Paul and how strongly I feel about the Obama deception I may have just kept on being a visitor reading, even though I wanted to join, just so I wouldn't need to deal with the hassle. Good-one guys, let's keep turning Macedonians away and do what? - hope to have unity out of disunity - the Maco way for centuries and see where that's gotten them in 2 1/2 millennia.
                    Last edited by Brian; 03-27-2012, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                      • Jan 2010

Trying to fly after a few too many bongs doesn't count as a space program Brian.

I haven't looked through the original thread but it doesn't take a genius to call bullshit here. Yugoslavia had a lot of other problems to attend to and given the circumstances they were in no position in any sense to even consider such a program. Perhaps the movie is based on Tito's dreams.

Comment

• Brian
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                        Trying to fly after a few too many bongs doesn't count as a space program Brian.

I haven't looked through the original thread but it doesn't take a genius to call bullshit here. Yugoslavia had a lot of other problems to attend to and given the circumstances they were in no position in any sense to even consider such a program. Perhaps the movie is based on Tito's dreams.
                        Going off memory here - I think the video never claimed Yugoslavia had means to run a space program but did have a very bright person who pioneered space knowledge which was sold to the USA whose leader of their space program (a Nazi) was a fan of the Yugoslav's (ie the person) works and ideas. The fact that Yugoslavia did not have the financial means to pull-off a space program is in NO WAY proof a Yugoslav could not have had a brilliant idea so I would have to agree that "it doesn't take a genius to call bullshit here", just a few narrow minded prejudicial people with poor logic skills which you have just adequately displayed.

Comment

• Brian
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2011

In addition, we have already discussed ad-nauseum the ridiculousness of Yugoslavia having a space program considering it did not have the technical, intellectual or financial capacity. Zarni, people like yourself (uninformed and sensationalist) are perfect targets for money-makers like these guys.
                          The Yugoslav guy was real - you can look him up, I did.
                          He was into space/rockets/missiles.
                          The Nazi guy who headed the USA space program was aware of the Yugoslav guy's early ideas and possibly a fan.
                          The USA did have problems with their early rocket technology.
                          Tito did go to the USA and shortly thereafter Kennedy did announce the USA's ambitious program to go to the moon before the decade was over.
                          Yugoslavia did show some sudden wealth and progress after the USA meeting.

Do all these facts have a link - possibly not.

They do highlight the fact in the saying 'the best lies are based on some truth'.

If you mean the kind that immediately dismiss things out of hand based on their prejudices - it appears so.

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                            The Nazi guy who headed the USA space program was aware of the Yugoslav guy's early ideas and possibly a fan.
                            The Nazi guy you speak of was von Braun, he was brought to the US with other top Nazi scientists in an operation that was called Operation Paperclip.
                            Von Braun was the head of NASA for several years, ain't it a bit ironic that one of the top positions in the US administration was held by a Nazi and a former SS officer at that?
                            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Brian
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                              The Nazi guy you speak of was von Braun, he was brought to the US with other top Nazi scientists in an operation that was called Operation Paperclip.
                              Von Braun was the head of NASA for several years, ain't it a bit ironic that one of the top positions in the US administration was held by a Nazi and a former SS officer at that?
                              So were their nuclear and medicine areas heavily influence by the Nazis.

I have heard the scientist were ready with a nuclear bomb but bullshitted Hitler they were still working on it because they didn't want him to win and could see the war was turning against Germany and it was a matter of time before the could be free.

Comment

Working...
                              X