X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zarni
    Banned
    • May 2011

That map encompasses 90% of ROM today Zarni. Thats what I was trying to say.
    Even if you dont agree with Macedonians being Greek, you can still see that Illyrians, Thracians, Paeonians were the majority.
    For the love of God are you serious, Dardiania the mythical geographical construct has large sways of Modern Greece in its play ground. Or the mythical Slavic Invasion that just happened to have occurred but never really shaped all of Greece and on and on we can go

Admin how about deleting this neo Hellene cunt he is amusing sometimes but know he is getting very close to pissing us all off

Aaaagh that statement in bold

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
      Then start digging guys. You should have no problem finding a lot of items on your own territory.
      Odds are you will find more Illyrian, Thracian and Paeonian items then you will Macedonian.
      But at its peak, Alexanders empire contained all of republic of macedonia

Comment

• Dorian
        • Mar 2012

Aristotle

Can anyone tell me if Aristotle was Greek or Macedonian?

Comment

• Dejan
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
          Define greek
          You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
            Dorian, you can use the search tab to get any information you want..

Aristotle, the Macedonian?
            Clearly, both Greeks and Macedonians claim the great teacher Aristotle as their own. Aristotle was from Macedonia but he is deemed to have been Greek by everyone. Was not Aristotle mixed, part Macedonian and part Hellenic? Does anyone have any supporting evidence? Was his father Macedonian or mother? It would make sense
            The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

I think he was macedonian.He was being banished for being a non greek.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                • Jan 2010

Here's a little light humour to do with Alexander the Great.

ALEXANDER THE GREAT
                by Jack Handey
                MARCH 12, 2012

Alexander the Great hung his head. He had conquered everything, and there was nothing left to conquer. “What about this area over here?” he said, pointing to an unshaded part of the map.

“You conquered that last week,” his top general said. “We haven’t had time to color it in yet.”

When Alexander started out, the world was fresh and new, begging to be conquered. At the age of ten, he conquered all of Greece, clad only in his underpants. He went on to vanquish the vast empire of Persia while totally nude and drunk. He woke up from sleepwalking one morning to discover that he had conquered Egypt. Once, he laid siege to a fortress all by himself, sneaking from bush to bush and popping up behind each one, pretending to be a different soldier.

There had been difficulties, to be sure. At a raucous victory dinner, a chicken bone became stuck in his throat. As he reached for a glass of water, he touched off a mousetrap, then another, and another. He began to flail about, and his foot got stuck in a bucket. Even like this, he conquered India.

On and on he went, conquering kingdom after kingdom. His generals would plead with him to stop, but he’d say, “Come on, just one more,” and they’d say, “Well, O.K.”

His empire became so large that, even today, if you meet a woman in a bar and invite her up to your apartment to see a map of Alexander’s empire, when she gets there and you show it to her she always says the same thing: “You’ve got to be kidding.”

Alexander smashed every army sent against him, slaughtering thousands. Those who fled the battlefield were hunted down and killed. Women and children were sold into slavery. But the happy times could not last. Eventually, there were no more people left to conquer.

“What about the Assyrians?” Alexander asked his generals.

“We conquered them,” one of them replied.

“O.K., how about the Bactrians?”

“Con-quered,” several generals said, in singsong.

Alexander was getting desperate. “What if we gave countries their freedom, then conquered them again?” The generals looked down at their feet. One coughed.

“Very well, then, I shall conquer the birds of the sky,” he said, but he was reminded that he had already done so, and also that he had been given an eloquent tribute speech by a parrot.

“What about the ants? Can’t we conquer them?” Reluctantly, one general unfurled a tiny document of surrender.

Seeking to console Alexander, the wisest of his counsellors said, “Perhaps, master, what you truly seek is not to conquer but to be conquered.”

Alexander picked up a spear and ran him through.

Rallying his troops, Alexander had them build a primitive rocket ship. He travelled to the moon with thirty hand-chosen men, holding their breath. They utterly surprised the moon men and laid waste to their planet.

In what was perhaps his greatest victory, Alexander conquered half the Kingdom of Heaven. Using sappers to undermine the pearly gates, he and his army poured in, riding captured war elephants, trampling angels and saints. But Heaven, as he realized, “is mostly clouds,” and he wisely withdrew.

Alexander was preparing to journey to another universe, which he hoped to burn down, when he died. At first, his generals didn’t believe it, but then his body was brought out, still clutching his sword and wearing his newly fashioned “space suit.”

They say that he was buried in the Caucasus, among the crocuses, but no one knows for sure. Legend has it that he will return again one day, perhaps in the not too distant future, when the world is once more in need of a good conquering.
                At the age of ten, he conquered all of Greece, clad only in his underpants...

Comment

• Tzameti
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

Alexander also did a few stupid things. (Explained by the cutest girl ever)

The Fall - YouTube
                  Last edited by Tzameti; 05-01-2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

Alexander the Great comes to Sydney

TREASURES from the life and times of Alexander the Great will be exhibited outside Europe for the first time at the Australian Museum in Sydney from this weekend.

Alexander was born in 356 BC and became king of Macedon at 20 and ruler of much of the world at 30.

His story will be told through 400 objects on display at the Australian Museum from November 24.

It is the first time the collection Alexander the Great: 2000 years of treasure from the State Hermitage in St Petersburg, Russia, will be on display outside of Europe.

The only other place to host the exhibition is the State Hermitage in Amsterdam.

Australian Museum director Frank Howarth said the collection was a major coup for Australia.

"It's a vote of confidence from the State Hermitage that we can look after and tell the amazing story of a truly amazing man," he said on Thursday

"He's intriguing - he's somewhere between a rock star persona and a military genius who could hold power over 100,000 soldiers."

A team of 29 curators accompanied the exhibition from Russia.

Researcher Fran Dorey said the collection will explore what the world looked like when Alexander took over as King of Macedonia in 336 BC, as well as tracing his campaigns and influence on western civilisation.

The exhibition will run until April 28 next year and is subject to timed entry in order to cope with the anticipated crowds.

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                      • Jul 2012

Why did it go to Sydney and not Melbourne?

Comment

• United MKD
                        • Jul 2011

I'll be in Sydney in Dec/Jan so will be attending. Great timing.

Comment

• Peshoshnitsa Lerin
                          • Jun 2012

Has anyone from here been to the exhibition?
                          If so, how was it?

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                            • Jan 2009

I haven’t been yet, but two of my cousins and a friend of mine went to Alexander over the weekend..
                            All of them said it’s a waste of money going to see it..

They stated that most of it wasn't ancient artifacts but remembrance of Alexander..
                            they had a few helmets and swords but not from Alexander or from the Macedonian Army
                            Most of the stuff was just pictures and statues and coins, nothing really from Alexander or from the Macedonian royal guards, no Macedonian shields, nothing on the sun but a small coin like embalm, that was it....

They had TV's set up where you can press a button and a historian would tell you the story, but mostly contradictory history

There was no one to ask questions but just a security guard that follows you everywhere..
                            And you aren’t allowed to take any photo’s..
                            Tho my cousin was able to take this one just as your walk in

they did mention their were allot of Russian and french speaking visitors on the day..

They did mention on one wall it stated that the Macedonians always felt greek...something along those lines..lol
                            Last edited by The LION will ROAR; 11-28-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Peshoshnitsa Lerin
                              • Jun 2012

Thankyou so much for the feedback The LION will ROAR,
                              You saved me a lot of money, I was going to take me and my partner there to see it one weekend, keep in mind I’m from Melbourne so it would have been quite costly and disappointing to get there and not see much of Alexander and Macedonia,

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Peshoshnitsa Lerin View Post
                                Thankyou so much for the feedback The LION will ROAR,
                                You saved me a lot of money, I was going to take me and my partner there to see it one weekend, keep in mind I’m from Melbourne so it would have been quite costly and disappointing to get there and not see much of Alexander and Macedonia,
                                It would be a costly outing and then get disappointed like my friends did..
                                Thou living in Sydney, I more likely go and see for myself..
                                I'll make sure I'll be taking afew photo's secretly...

Comment

Working...
                                X