X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian
    Banned
    • Oct 2011

People might be getting Peeved at this Kony 2012 junk but it may be too late with the President of the USA authorising AFRICOM to enter (read invade) any and every African nation - their asses are more dead than with Kony.

Kony screening provokes anger in Uganda
    Kony 2012 Organization Exposed; Supports Military Dictatorship, Makes Millions Off Fake Cause

Visible Children
    Monday, March 12, 2012
    According to Jason Russell’s appearance on the Today show several days ago, over 500,000 action kits have been ordered at $30 a piece, meaning this campaign has brought in a minimum of $15M in revenue this week. This is great news: at least 500,000 people are “advocate[s] of awesome” according to the group’s webstore! So where’s that money going? I’ll leave it to Jedidiah Jenkins, Invisible Children’s Director of Ideology:

“Thirty-seven percent of our budget goes directly to central African-related programs, about 20 percent goes to salaries and overhead, and the remaining 43 percent goes to our awareness programs. […] But aside from that, the truth about Invisible Children is that we are not an aid organization, and we don’t intend to be. I think people think we’re over there delivering shoes or food. But we are an advocacy and awareness organization.”
    JUICE NEWS 12: Yes We KONY! (Kony Parody)
    JUICE NEWS 12: Yes We KONY! (Kony Parody) - YouTube

Comment

• Brian
      Banned
      • Oct 2011

This "Kony2012" has really become disgusting with the exposing

1. that 80% of revenue goes directly to the organisers and their staff

2. it is a fraudulent front cover to create voter sympathy so the USA/West can go and prop-up corrupt leaders involved in genocide and/or invade any and every African country under the pretext of 'humanitarian aid' to kill-off locals a seize their rich with resources land.

It's even more disgusting when people/celebrities still support it after it's been expose.

promoters/supporters are
      Angelina Jolie
      George Clooney
      Rihanna
      Bono (U2)
      Bill and Melinda Gates

I strongly urge everyone to boycott seeing films that have these actors in them or Rehanna's DVDs, concerts or anything to do with her.

This also goes for anyone else associated with this vial campaign.
      DO NOT SEND MONEY OR SUPPORT TO THIS ORGANIZATION!
      YOUR MONEY WILL MORE LIKELY GO TO THE ORGANIZERS AND THERE STAFF AND NOT HELP ANYONE.
      Tell everyone you know.

'Kony 2012' Video Went Viral With Rihanna's Help

Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.

Mar 12 2012
      'She had been tweeted by her fans en masse, saying you're in this video,' Jedidiah Jenkins of Invisible Children organization tells MTV News.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

At noon Pacific time last Monday, Jedidiah Jenkins, a member of the nonprofit organization Invisible Children's inner circle, saw the group's 278th YouTube video uploaded and wasn't sure what to expect. Jenkins had written the script to the film, the 30-minute documentary "Kony 2012," about the Ugandan warlord Joseph Kony, and it had been a grind.

"It was really the hardest movie we've ever made" in the nearly decade-long history of the group, he told MTV News in a phone interview from Los Angeles.

The film is now the most viral video ever, with more than 70 million views on YouTube alone in the video's first six days thanks in no small part to an army of young supporters who flexed their power by using social media to drive celebrities and friends to watch and share the video.

Creating online content and distributing it with social media was nothing new for Invisible Children — the group already had 450,000 Facebook friends the night before the video was posted and they've used YouTube to share videos about their cause since 2006 — but the way this video spread was something the group could never have planned.

Jenkins said the group posted the video at noon on Monday and that evening hosted a screening at Creative Artists Agency in Los Angeles with celebrities Kristen Bell and Jason Bateman, who took to Twitter at 9:42 p.m., immediately after watching the film.

"We had a strategy to screen it at CAA with the few celebrities we know, get them in the room, make them watch it," Jenkins said. Within the 24 hours that followed, celebrities including comedian Kelly Oxford, Ryan Seacrest, Diddy, Justin Bieber, Oprah and Steve Carrell had tweeted about the video after being notified about it by their fans thanks to a call-to-action in the documentary. Soon enough, Jenkins' phone was ringing off the hook, including a call from Rihanna.

"She had been tweeted by her fans en masse, saying you're in this video," Jenkins recalled. "She just kind of responded and clicked on the link that one of her fans followed. It blew her mind. She tweeted it immediately. One of her music video directors, Anthony Mandler, actually went to Uganda with me to see our programs on the ground in November. Anthony texted her. They conference called me at 11 at night and I missed the call twice, because I was at a late dinner. Three calls in a row means it's an emergency," so Jenkins picked up.

"Anthony said, 'Jed, I have Rihanna on the line. She wants to talk to you.' " Jenkins continued. He recalled the 24-year-old singer saying, "I've never been moved like this, I've never been involved. I want to go big. I want to get involved. I want this to be my thing and I want to blow this up. I want to get kids involved. I'm just responding to my fans. They're so moved by this."

Wherever you land in the debate over the organization's tactics and the film's accuracy, "Kony 2012" is undeniably a social media phenomenon made possible by support from celebrities encouraged to get involved by their young fans. Even CNN's Piers Morgan admitted he first heard about the movement from his 14-year-old son.

As of press time, Invisible Children has nearly 3 million likes on Facebook, and the question remains: What's next for this enormous group of engaged and active young people when so many of their peers are apathetic? Jenkins said the group is considering participating in a voter-registration drive as the 2012 election approaches. But he admitted that first he and his colleagues have to get caught up.

"We couldn't have ever, ever imagined that this would be the fastest viral movement in history," he said. "We are dealing with an unprecedented amount of attention. It's a huge amount of responsibility. It's exhausting. We're excited for the challenge, but it's intimidating too."
      RIHANNA
      I Want to Help Expose KONY
      as an Evil Bastard

TMZ has learned ... Rihanna has reached out to the Invisible Children organization and has expressed an interest in creating a video to help raise awareness about an evil S.O.B. named Joseph Kony.

3/8/2012
      TMZ has learned ... Rihanna has reached out to the Invisible Children organization and has expressed an interest in creating a video to help raise awareness about an evil S.O.B. named Joseph Kony.

Kony is quickly becoming a household name ... thanks to a viral YouTube video that exposes the Ugandan warlord as the bloodthirsty leader of a child army and child prostitution ring.

In the YouTube video, producers beg for celebrity support to raise awareness and showed a picture of Rihanna, in an effort to get her involved.

TMZ has learned ... Rihanna saw the video and was so moved by the story ... that she called the organization this week and set up a meeting, hoping to create another video to keep the momentum alive.

We're told both sides are hoping to complete the project ASAP.

Stay tuned.
      Last edited by Brian; 03-16-2012, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Brian
        Banned
        • Oct 2011

What an F'ed world of 'trendies' we live in - not a brain between them and do whatever anyone/celebrity tells them 'it's trendy'.

I can't help sometimes for a moment sympathise with with the NWO and their agenda of "wiping out the animals" when I see things like this and then quickly get a sour taste in my mouth and back to reality.

Kony 2012 is about now – right now. Get with the programme!

Charlie Skelton: Why aren't you sharing your hatred of Joseph Kony right now, non-right-now person? This is the way the new world works

14 March 2012
        Why aren't you sharing your hatred of Joseph Kony right now, non-right-now person? This is the way the new world works

Angelina Jolie: 'I don't know anyone who doesn't hate Kony'. Photograph: Andrew Kelly/Reuters
        Kony 2012 has plenty to say about the world and what it means to be living in it. This is my attempt to set out its "world view" or weltanschauung as they say in Uganda. Never mind the rights or incredibly wrongs of what's going on, this is just an exercise in Konyology.

It begins.

NOTHING IS MORE POWERFUL THAN AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME

The words "HAS COME" flicker and change:

This same slogan occurs at the end of the film – with the same flickering change to "IS NOW" – except at the end, the words of the slogan fade away, leaving only:

The "now" of Kony 2012 is when you do things. It's when you act: "now we know what to do. If we succeed, we change the course of human history. But time is running out …" Act now! Hurry, offer ends soon. "To level with you, this movie expires on December 31, 2012". Really? How very Mayan.

Kony 2012 is all about the now. The time is now. "We have reached a crucial time in history where what we do or don't do right now will affect every generation to come."

These are the first words of the narration: "Right now …" And the call to action at the end of the video says:

The phrase "right now" frames the movie, sets the whole thing in the now. And not just any old "now", but "right now". A peculiarly intense form of now, even nower than now. Forget the past. "We are not just studying human history …" – Kony 2012 doesn't have its head buried in boring old history. "It's hard to look back on some parts of human history" – don't bother! Be in the now.

Kony 2012 floats free of the past, in its glorious right-nowness, which is where CHANGE happens: "this change we are going to make is going to last forever …" A change you can believe in. A change that changes everything: "that is what is going to change this world …" All change please.

"If we succeed, we change the course of human history." In other words, when you're fully in the "now", the only history is the future: the history that we're going to make. The present has no past. The future is here in our hands:

"We are not just studying human history, we are shaping it."

Yay! We are the social engineers! With our social media, we get to shape history. For a change, we're the ones that are doing the changing. Not like in the PAST:

"It's always been that the decisions made by the few with the money and the power dictated the priorities of their government and the stories in the media. They determined the lives and the opportunities of their citizens. But now [NOW] there is something bigger than that."

Something bigger even than Joseph Kony. As Luis Moreno Ocampo of the international criminal court tells us: "We are living in a new world". A world in which WE get to 'dictate' the priorities. A dictatorship of the people, if you will. With a people's army: "All of this was funded by an army of young people …"

And what happens when armies of people connect with each other? Arab springs. "Now we can taste the freedom!" yells the freedom fighter.

In Kony 2012, "now" is when revolutions happen. It's when worlds change.

Let's look a little closer at this new world of the "right now". It's a world in which: "The people of the world see each other and can protect each other." We see each other. I see you. You see me. You are no longer 'Invisible'.

"And now we see each other, we hear each other …" – nothing hidden, everything connected, everything shared.

Share share share – flash-frames of cursors clicking "share". Click – share – click – share – click – reward! A child is saved from the rubble! Quick, I'd better share that.

Obviously this stress on "sharing" could be part of a chain-letter sales pitch. Share, donate, share, donate. But it feels deeper than that.

In Kony 2012, this is what we do, we humans: we share ourselves. And in so doing, we find our fulfilment: "Humanity's greatest desire is to belong and connect" – the shared, uploaded, forwarded, Facebooked oneness of humanity: "We share what we love, and it reminds us what we all have in common."

It's what Ocampo said: "We are living in a new world, Facebook world, in which 750 million people share ideas, not thinking in borders."

Our new world of "now" is "a global community, bigger than the US." Bigger than any mere nation. Borders? Boring! "Governments are trying to keep up" – yeah, keep up, granddad! "It's exciting!" – although "older generations are concerned" – yeah, well they need to shake off the cobwebs and get with the programme.

This is the blaring, unbarriered "now" of a culture in which nothing is kept in, nothing held back. Everything is out, loud, heard and seen. If you're not sharing, you're not one of us. You're not "now".

Our sharing has exploded our world sideways. In our shared oneness, we rise above national boundaries, we unite in a "new world", connected by "the technology that has brought our planet together".

Which is where the film began: the Earth spinning in space – one world, one globe, one "humanity" …

Our "Facebook world", where humanity lives and shares in all its magnificent diversity:

Political difference? A thing of the past. We are marching right up the middle, on a march for sanity and unity. We don't need governments any more because governments don't listen. They're dinosaurs. They don't just GET ON WITH THINGS like we (the people) do:

"And because we couldn't wait for institutions or governments to step in, we did it ourselves".

Governments are like "history", we've got no time for them in our exciting new world of nowness. "The game has new rules" … "Arresting Joseph Kony will prove that the world we live in has new rules."

If Joseph Kony is arrested, it will prove that the experiment has worked. Because that's what this whole thing is … an experiment.

"The next 27 minutes are an experiment."

An experiment in world-shaping. Rather like War of the Worlds was an experiment. A big new terrifying threat emerges from the unknown (space/Africa) – no one knows anything about it: "Nobody knows who he is" – we just know that these are the "baddies" – they murder and they maim, and they abduct.

That's right, the baddies are here, and together, "we're going to stop them". What we have in common isn't only what we love, but what we fight. A common enemy. In the words of Angelina Jolie (commenting after the film): "I don't know anyone who doesn't hate Kony". Don't you hate Kony? Why aren't you wearing your T-shirt? Aren't you with me Angelina? We hate Kony. We all hate Kony. All of us together hate Kony. As one.

So, will the Kony 2012 experiment work? Well, "in order for it to work, you have to pay attention."

Watch closely.

Wear a bracelet.

Give some money.

And join the army of the people:

JOIN OUR ARMY FOR PEACE

But what's the number 1 thing you have to do?

Above all …

Share now.

Share share share. Click. Share.

And together, we can make sure that no one is ever invisible again.
        Last edited by Brian; 03-16-2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Zarni
          Banned
          • May 2011

This all just too laughable

Comment

• FriendofMacedonia
            • Feb 2012

People can be such sheep.

Comment

• Brian
              Banned
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
              This all just too laughable
              Sometimes I wish it was laughable - I'm not picking on you, I know what you mean, It's SO silly you can't believe people would do this.

You might not believe me but Kony2012 is NWO/Sorros backed. Some of the idiots in the pictures, if not all of them, have no idea what they are doing - it's all a ritual for these NWO freaks who will pretend they are Christian, Muslim or whatever to fit into there society while in reality they still believe in the ancient Babylonian and Egyptian gods which migrated into Greek and Roman gods.

Facing the sun in a ritual with a raised right hand especially like Hitler's "Sieg Heil" (ie sun hail ie in English, hail/salutation the sun (god)) - honouring the sun god, the "V" with the fingers is for the Roman goddess Victoria of wars - it's BS it means peace. Humans have personal energy and the NWO freaks believe by getting people to perform ritual in large groups they are multiplying that energy and forcing it into the direction of their rituals intent - 'Hail sun god grant us our will/wish help/permit Victoria to make our actions/war effort prevail'. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some picka in the background doing his little chant.

Even if you don't believe the above the plain facts are
              - it is a Sorros (therefore NWO) backed organisation.

- Congress rammed through resolutions that USA forces can invade ANY African nation they want if they can claim 'humanitarian rights issues'. Congress even said that they knew they were doing the right thing and that based on the film "Kony 2012" and the overwhelming public support for it they knew the public also supported them ie we are going to have multiple 'peace wars' all over Africa and slaughter millions.

- AFRICOM (USA African Command) already holds places in Africa.
              - advanced forces (re Australian SAS and others) are are already there doing the prep work for the invasions which were waiting on Congress approval which was waiting to muster some popular public opinion ie re "Kony 2012" campaign. Note all the celebrities adding their weight to the PR campaign (re Jolie comments, Rihanna twitter, ect) and to keep it rolling.

- the celebrities may or may not be stupid but they have 'handlers' who PR manage their activities who are not stupid and would have looked into what "Kony 2012" is before allowing their celebrity to partake. From this we can see the celebrities are not doing it by mistake but intent.

- 80% of the fund-raising (in the 10's of millions) by "Kony 2012" goes to the organisations managers, staff and operations. This is disgusting - it's simply give us lots of money to run our high production PR machine while we pay ourselves high salaries and probably have great lunch and dinner 'staff meetings' and the celebrities are pushing their mindless idol worshipping public to support this.

You, or anyone, might be thinking, "Brian, you sure write a lot for someone who said he 'didn't care'", and you are right on both counts. It's not my 'mea culpa' for a few posts ago. It is not so much for the Africans but the overall deceit and where it is leading to.

The Third World has rich resources and people but no real power. The NWO/banks can wipe the Africans off in an instant but for the Western public can stop the NWO plans (we still have election and to some degree power and it is from these Western families that the NWO military gets their army 'dog's bodies' to do their 'dirty work') so the Western public needs to be made docile/compliant. The Western societies might benefit a few crumbs out of this but most will go to the banks.

It is a 'ticking time-bomb' situation - once the Third World are totally subdued the only real 'enemy' is the Western societies (look about how many 'unproductive' people ie aged pensioners, disability pensioners/handicapped, unemployed, under-educated, dim witted/slow people we have all 'leaching' off the system and how many more we will have in the future) and we will be the next target. We are not helping ourselves by allowing this deceit to go on even if we remove the moral issue.
              Last edited by Brian; 03-16-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Brian
                Banned
                • Oct 2011

These are examples of what the 'peace wars' inspired by the "Kony 2012" movement do and with the mindless support of the public we will have more of these.

UN-backed invasion of Somalia spirals into chaos

In a rare dispatch from the badlands of Southern Somalia, Daniel Howden sees how Kenya's war has made things worse

15 DECEMBER 2011
                In a rare dispatch from the badlands of Southern Somalia, Daniel Howden sees how Kenya's war has made things worse

The famine camps with their domed shelters made of rags and sticks are now surrounded by fields of green. The survivors sit among the clouds of flies and mosquitoes watching the planting season pass them by, living on handouts. The drought in southern Somalia is over but no one is going home.

People who have endured civil war, oppression under a brutal religious sect and starvation now find themselves caught between the lines of a border conflict that is entering a new and dangerous phase.

Kenya's invasion of Somalia, hailed by the West and the UN Security Council, was meant to deliver a knockout blow to the militant Islamist group al-Shabaab. Instead it has pulled Somalia's regional rival Ethiopia back into the country, stirred up the warlords and rekindled popular support for fundamentalists whose willingness to let Somalis starve rather than receive foreign aid had left them widely hated.

Rest of article in Link.
                UN-backed Forces Slaughter Christians in Ivory Coast

07 APRIL 2011
                Backed by French and United Nations military forces, and approved by President Barack Obama, Muslim militias loyal to opposition leader Alassane Ouattara are on a rampage in the Ivory Coast that, according to news reports and officials, has left over a thousand Christians dead so far in an effort to oust current President Laurent Gbagbo.

Though conflicts have been a regular occurrence in recent decades, the current civil war engulfing the West-African former French colony stems from a contested presidential election held in November. The original vote count indicated a narrow victory for Ouattara, a U.S.-educated Muslim from the largely Islamic Northern part of the country who has worked at the International Monetary Fund and the Central Bank of West African States.
                Not in Africa but along the same lines.

Honduran Farmers Slaughtered In Name Of Global Warming

23 farmers in Honduras were slaughtered in cold blood by hired mercenaries as they tried to protect their land from being seized by a corporation who wanted to use the land to produce biofuels as part of a United Nations-accredited EU carbon trading scheme.

“Protests erupted in July when six international human rights advocacy groups presented a report to the EP detailing what they called murders and forced evictions of peasants in El Bajo Aguán Valley of northern Honduras, ” reports the New American.

“The International Federation of Human Rights (FIDH) report accuses UN-sanctioned palm oil mills of stealing farmland from Honduran natives and killing or wounding them when they attempt to defend their property. It says the companies, acting with government impunity, regularly target members of local land-rights movements who end up murdered in feigned car accidents or hunted down and shot by private security guards.”

The United Nations’ CDM (Clean Development Mechanism) responded to news of the killings with a collective shrug of the shoulders.
                “We are not investigators of crimes,” a board member told EurActiv. “We had to take judgements within our rules – however regretful that may be – and there was not much scope for us to refuse the project. All the consultation procedures precisely had been obeyed.”
                The CDM board’s chairman, Martin Hession, also refused to take responsibility and argued that the EU didn’t have the resources to investigate the crimes.

However, members of the European Parliament have promised to visit the area later this month as part of an ongoing investigative mission.

EU carbon credits scheme tarnished by alleged murders in Honduras

EurActiv: Calls for Honduran credits to be thrown out of ETS following alleged killings, while consultation process goes under review

3 October 2011
                Last edited by Brian; 03-16-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

KONY 2012 DIRECTOR HELD FOR 'MASTURBATING IN PUBLIC'

Jason Russell, the filmmaker behind the mega-viral "Kony 2012" documentary, has been hospitalised after police said he was detained for being naked and masturbating in public, reports say.

Russell was allegedly detained in the Pacific Beach neighborhood, after police received numerous calls from the public about a drunk man wearing just his underwear vandalising cars and making lewd gestures.

The 33-year-old father of two shot to fame this month after the 30-minute documentary film he made calling for the arrest of LRA leader Joseph Kony became an Internet sensation
                  "Kony 2012" is now the most viral video of all time.

Invisible Children confirmed that Russell had been hospitalised and that his “condition” stemmed from the emotional toll of recent weeks.

However, it declined to get into the details of the incident.
                  Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalised yesterday suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition. He is now receiving medical care and is focused on getting better," Ben Keesey, head of Invisible Children, said in a statement.

"The past two weeks have taken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially, and that toll manifested itself in an unfortunate incident yesterday," he added, without giving details.
                  Asked about media reports that Russell had been detained, a San Diego police spokeswoman said a 33-year-old white man had been taken to a medical facility for evaluation and treatment on Thursday morning after police received reports that he was acting "bizarrely."

Invisible Children, Russell's nonprofit group, tapped 12 influential policymakers and 20 celebrities with popular Twitter accounts, including Oprah Winfrey and Angelina Jolie, to spread the video. Since then, the company owned by powerful producer Harvey Weinstein has contacted Russell to buy the film.

The phenomenal success of the video, including the savvy media campaign with tweets about Kony, has been hailed for inspiring young people to activism, but has suffered criticism including that it oversimplified a long-standing human rights crisis.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                    • Jan 2010

A few days after watching the video, the affect it has does fade away. It is a bit of a gimmick and fad, but if the everyday person wants to feel like they are doing something good, then who's to blame them?
                    The whole idea and timing of the campaign does seem a little suspicious, but how can you all be so confident that it's some NWO plot?

It seems like there are two extremes present here, those who think it's a massive cause and opportunity to help, and those who believe it's a complete lie and plot to take advantage of African resources. What happened to the middle, level-headed man that doesn't adopt one extreme or the other?

The poster idea is just plain stupid. Like I said, people will use it all for the wrong reasons. I've already heard that some Australian states are taking a stance against this 'poster day' and are threatening to fine anyone who litters the city.

Comment

• Zarni
                      Banned
                      • May 2011

KONY 2012 film-maker Jason Russell arrested for masturbating in public

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

Lol, I saw the video footage earlier today. Looks like he's gone a bit 'kooky.' So much for his son idolising him as some kind of hero...this will completely tarnish Russell's image.

Comment

• Brian
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                          A few days after watching the video, the affect it has does fade away.

Maybe you just haven't drunk enough of the cool-aid. Have some more. It's effects are permanent if you have enough. You'll be totally crazy forever.

It is a bit of a gimmick and fad, but if the everyday person wants to feel like they are doing something good, then who's to blame them?

Every African who dies or suffers from the invasion of Africa.
                          Later, every non-African who dies or suffers, maybe even you.

The whole idea and timing of the campaign does seem a little suspicious, but how can you all be so confident that it's some NWO plot?

Because it's a PR plot for public support of the House resolutions to bolster AFRICOM and the invasion of ANY African nation. The resolutions were passed a few days ago.

It seems like there are two extremes present here, those who think it's a massive cause and opportunity to help,

The ones who have had enough cool-aid and are already totally crazy and will go along with whatever lie the government tells them directly or via celebrities.

and those who believe it's a complete lie and plot to take advantage of African resources.

The ones who haven't had any or hardly any cool-aid and have bothered to listen, look-up and read stuff to confirm what they have heard.

Try reading or re-reading this thread and not ignoring/understand the evidence and arguments presented.

Try looking up Henry Kissinger 1974 genocide plan NSSM-200.

What happened to the middle, level-headed man that doesn't adopt one extreme or the other?

Do you mean fence-sitters who don't know enough and don't bother to inform themselves or if they do know don't bother to inform their friends, relatives, colleagues and associates? - the "when good men do nothing evil prevails" types or "go along to get along" types?

The poster idea is just plain stupid. Like I said, people will use it all for the wrong reasons. I've already heard that some Australian states are taking a stance against this 'poster day' and are threatening to fine anyone who litters the city.
                          You need to inform yourself more. Today it's about the Africans, tomorrow it will be about you.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                            Maybe you just haven't drunk enough of the cool-aid. Have some more. It's effects are permanent if you have enough. You'll be totally crazy forever.
                            Does too much kool-aid turn one into the 'Oh Yeah!' type of person?

Every African who dies or suffers from the invasion of Africa.
                            Later, every non-African who dies or suffers, maybe even you.
                            What's with your sudden change of heart? What happened to the desensitised and emotionally lacking Brian that doesn't really 'give a flying F about them ie Africans' and subsequently showed no initial interest in this Kony 2012 topic?

The ones who have had enough cool-aid and are already totally crazy and will go along with whatever lie the government tells them directly or via celebrities.

The ones who haven't had any or hardly any cool-aid and have bothered to listen, look-up and read stuff to confirm what they have heard.
                            Or the ones who blow out of proportion everything they hear and follow one of the two extremes for the hell of it. You call the Kony 2012 followers a herd of sheep, yet there are thousands of people who also jump on the conspiracy bandwagon for the very same reasons. Of course people like you do their research and at least present evidence, but it's ironic to label a group as sheep and then not acknowledge that many likewise, resort to conspiracy theories for a range of flawed reasons.

Do you mean fence-sitters who don't know enough and don't bother to inform themselves or if they do know don't bother to inform their friends, relatives, colleagues and associates? - the "when good men do nothing evil prevails" types or "go along to get along" types?
                            This craze is just the latest trend, people have already stopped talking about it. The government is capable of intervening regardless of whether millions support the initiative or only thousands. The majority were against the war in Iraq/Afghanistan, yet when both major political parties have a similar policy in regards to foreign conflicts, the public can't win. Joseph Kony isn't some kind of god. He is still a wanted criminal, and regardless of whether he has any power remaining in Uganda, it's not sufficient to say 'oh well his time has passed.' It may be a diversion to raid the resources of these poor nations, but even still, it's almost as if you are all denying the crimes that this man has committed.

By the way, how you structure your reply makes it very easy to read in response to my previous points, but it's a pain when trying to quote your post. Unless there's another way, I have to copy the parts out from the post since your points are within my post...if you get what I mean. Just an idea, not asking you to change the way you reply.

Comment

• Brian
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
                              http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/kony...-1226302465025

KONY 2012 film-maker Jason Russell arrested for masturbating in public
                              With the alternate media quickly and heavily exposing the lie and the public backlash that followed the government could not allow itself to be further associated with Kony 2012 and had to try and kill-off further questions into this matter in case people realise the deceit in the Congress's House Resolution to invade Africa. It's an attempt to kill-off Kony 2012 by discrediting it's front-man and thereby create the idea that the public have had a victory and deserve a feeling of satisfaction thereby ending any further interest in Kony 2012.

The guy was probably told to deliberately get drunk and disgrace himself in public so he can later say he had good intentions but the pressure from the backlash was too grate which made him turn to drink and under the influence he couldn't help himself (isn't it now the trendy and accepted thing by celebrities and every-man-and-his-dog to claim alcohol is a disease and it wasn't their fault?) and did things which were stupid and out of character and how sorry he is and that he is getting help for his mental/alcohol problem - case closed and he fades away with millions in his pocket. Jeepers, most people would be temted to wank themselves for $20 Million, some people do it for free.
                              Last edited by Brian; 03-17-2012, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                                The guy was probably told to deliberately get drunk and disgrace himself in public so he can later say he had good intentions...Jeepers, most people would be temted to wank themselves for $20 Million, some people do it for free.
                                So you've already jumped to conclusions that this act is some kind of 'cover-up' job. Have you ever heard of self-integrity or dignity. I highly doubt someone who's currently at the forefront of world-wide media would embarrass themselves and ruin their name without a second thought. Ever heard of the quote from the Crucible, 'because it is my name, Because I cannot have another in my life!'

Would he really blemish the name of his family and child, especially after emphasising his own son in the video to a large extent. There are a lot of things that people would do for a shit-load of money, and there are some things people wouldn't do. You'd be surprised how highly respect and maintaining ones' own integrity rank for the everyday person.

Comment

Working...
                                X