X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

Kony 2012

If you have 30 minutes to spare, I strongly suggest that you view this video.

Learn More: kony2012.com Donate to Invisible Children: https://invisiblechildren.com/donate/ DIRECTOR: Jason Russell LEAD EDITOR: Kathryn Lang EDITORS: Kevin Trout,…

The Kony 2012 initiative has gained enormous support worldwide and continues to grow every minute. The video is really powerful and inspiring, so it's definitely worth your time.

The basic run-down is to essentially make Joseph Kony famous and to raise awareness of the war crimes he has committed over decades of injustice.

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.
    At first you'll probably assume that you will watch the video and that's it, but by the end of it I realised how powerful and saddening the video really is.

Furthermore, it goes to show that, collectively, the people are the power. In terms of Macedonia, it's a real shame that our people didn't appreciate this force over the last century or so. Perhaps if they did, the poor Macedonia we know today may have been very different.

As evil as facebook may be, it does provide a useful resource for a range of causes, linking people with common beliefs across the globe. From the uprising in Egypt to this cause, the cyber world provides endless opportunities.

Have a look at the video and post your thoughts.
  • Daniel the Great
    • Nov 2009

The video is powerful and inspirational. This is the first time I have heard of Kony, and I believe, just by watching the video, That this evil monster must to be brought to justice.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

It is a good initiative. But would it achieve anything?

There will be plenty of bandwagoners and over night humanitarians, but come after April 20th the initiative will disappear. It will go the way of occupy (wherever-the-hell-you-are), Live 8, Earth hour, etc. Symbolically great, but no real tangible difference made.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
        It is a good initiative. But would it achieve anything?

There will be plenty of bandwagoners and over night humanitarians, but come after April 20th the initiative will disappear. It will go the way of occupy (wherever-the-hell-you-are), Live 8, Earth hour, etc. Symbolically great, but no real tangible difference made.
        That's very true, people are raising points in regards to the fact that these tragedies have been occurring for decades with no interest from the wider community whatsoever. It's actually quite sad that it has taken this 30 minute clip to actually get people to realise what's really happening out there, beyond the safety and comfort of our regulated society.

These bandwagoners will no doubt be questioned by many...such as where were you 20 odd years ago when this all began?
        We should be looking past this and saying, well they're here now. Even if this is some monthly fad that will be forgotten, as long as it makes somewhat of a difference, then it has succeeded.

Even if it brings hope to the victims of Kony and those still within his grasp, that can be considered a win. We Macedonians, know what it's like for justice to go unserved and past tragedies and crimes to remain unpunished. If there were a 30 minute video that went viral highlighting how Macedonian minorities were/are oppressed and how they suffered immensely in Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, etc...I'm sure we'd all be stoked and feel like someone really does care.

All in all, let these overnight social activists post all over facebook and what not...if it makes them feel like they're doing something, then why not? If as little as 1 in 10 of these people begin donating or purchasing products dedicated to such causes, that is where the tangible impact exists. As for covering up every city with Kony 2012 posters, although it seems somewhat creative, I can see people participating all for the wrong reasons.
        Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 03-07-2012, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
          • Sep 2010

The video is also on YouTube. I can't believe how many views it's getting.
          KONY 2012 - YouTube

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

I haven't watched it yet ... but the naysayers are out now. Question marks over the organising committee and their funding activities as well as technical inaccuracies.

Ultimately it is a powerful demonstration of viral marketing and it shows how far the internet has come.

Perhaps one on "Ademi" now?
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Valmir
              Banned
              • Sep 2011

I watched yesturday the video when it had only 4 million views, And it really touched me.
              In every popular Video in youtube you can see Konys name in the Top comment , That motherfucka in Africa is becoming famous!

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                • Sep 2010

He's very hard to find.... lol don't believe in that Kony 2012 bullshit. It's another U.S propaganda to have a good excuse to invade Africa for profit.

Exclusive Interview with Joseph Kony, LRA leader - KONY 2012 - YouTube

Watch these as well.

Kony 2012 World's Biggest Scam in History - YouTube

The Alarming TRUTH about Kony 2012 (Re-uploaded) - YouTube

Comment

• Zarni
                  Banned
                  • May 2011

An ex War Lord responsible for thousands of deaths supported by the US I knew this from the very beginning thanks DirtyCodingHabitz for reminding a few that fall for this Bullshit of the highest proportions

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
                    He's very hard to find.... lol don't believe in that Kony 2012 bullshit. It's another U.S propaganda to have a good excuse to invade Africa for profit.
                    You know with all of the lies and fabricated "evidence" for excuse for the West)mainly USA) to invade and interfere in countries such such as Kosovo, Macedonia, Iraq, Libya and recently Syria, i no longer believe anything that comes from western sources. This Kony thing is just another example of information fabrication.

Btw, apparently large resources of oil was found in Uganda a few years ago

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                      • Jan 2009

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                        • Jan 2009

Apparently Kony hasnt been in Uganda for 6 years:

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

it's just promoting you tube & sensationalising everything.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Brian
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
                            Good one DCH!

I knew about this already but didn't post because I really don't give a flying F about them ie Africans (I've already admitted I'm a racist so nobody start on me now.).

It's the USA and China tearing up Africa for resources and who can get more first (and less of the locals, if you know what I mean).

The Kony shit's about the USA wanting to strengthen the Ugandan dictator who himself has order mass murder/genocide but he's a 'good guy' because he's a USA stooge and Kony becomes the boogie man, never mind he hasn't been around the last few years. Propaganda BS.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

This campaign appears to have been started by an individual who made a promise to an African child and is keeping his word. If the intention is genuine, then I don't see anything wrong with using the internet to bring attention to the plight of children in certain African countries. In fact, I think it is a great way of spreading the message. Like some of you, I believe that if the U.S really had a desire to find this 'Kony' character it wouldn't be much trouble for them. However, although it is hard not to be skeptical in this age of (mis)information, we shouldn't lose sight of humanity.
                              Originally posted by Brian View Post
                              .........I really don't give a flying F about them ie Africans (I've already admitted I'm a racist so nobody start on me now.).
                              Brian, up until now, I have chosen to remain outside of discussions relating to some of your controversial or delusional comments, but feel that I need to say something now. Like any other racist, you're an idiot. If you ever let your racism manifest itself into your posts on this forum, you will join your previous username. That sort of behaviour will not be tolerated here and a maggot like you will not be allowed to taint the image of the MTO.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                              X