Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bij
    • Oct 2009

MTO, as an organisation, has anyone thought about reaching out to the next generation of Macedonians growing up in the diaspora?

Hitting up the teens of nowadays and giving them information and something to be proud of would be a really good initiative for this forum.

Does the MTO have a fb page? I'm not on FB anymore so I don't know.

Combine this with a blog about MTO with articles on Macedonian tradition, customs, and some easy to swallow articles about the meaning behind things such as the ventilator and some information about patriotic local events could be a gold mine movement for youth culture in the diaspora.

Surely this would be much more effective than calling people names if they don't know the meaning behind the ventilator?

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bij View Post
      MTO, as an organisation, has anyone thought about reaching out to the next generation of Macedonians growing up in the diaspora?

Hitting up the teens of nowadays and giving them information and something to be proud of would be a really good initiative for this forum.

Combine this with a blog about MTO with articles on Macedonian tradition, customs, and some easy to swallow articles about the meaning behind things such as the ventilator and some information about patriotic local events could be a gold mine movement for youth culture in the diaspora.

Surely this would be much more effective than calling people names if they don't know the meaning behind the ventilator?
      Bij, we do have a facebook page. Thank you for your suggestions.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

I've read enough of you jumping on everyone. If that's what passes as "activism" nowadays, no wonder Macedonia is where it is.
        You shouldn't cry about someone "jumping" on you when you have "jumped" first.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bij
          • Oct 2009

+ MTO underage disco, draped in the kutlesh flag and singing biser balkanski?????????

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

Our youth are our future and the passion teenagers have and strong will would benefit our cause, I agree with your suggestions
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Volk
              • Sep 2008

Bij, good suggestions, but I dont think Vangelovski wants to share his new found playground
              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Bij
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
                Our youth are our future and the passion teenagers have and strong will would benefit our cause, I agree with your suggestions
                julie i think you should run a blog. you're a mum with kids in the target market and you can make sense of incredibly complex topics and your passion is not intimidating!

other forum members should contribute, with your supervision.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                  Bij, good suggestions, but I dont think Vangelovski wants to share his new found playground
                  Great input. Get over it and try and do something productive for the Macedonian Cause.
                  Of course. But the reaction to them as opposed to those who should know better is different.
                  That is what we're trying to do. How would you suggest we do it more broadly? The disco idea has merit, but we're still a little away from getting to that stage. All in time, but there is a lot that goes on 'behind the scenes' and we are constantly exploring ways to be more effective.
                  It already exists.
                  The forum does the above, so no need for a blog from us. Doesn't mean others can't or haven't done it though.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bij
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post

It already exists.

The forum does the above, so no need for a blog from us. Doesn't mean others can't or haven't done it though.
                    Sorry, this forum is not teenager friendly. This forum is a full of anger, spite, prejudice and is a place teamed with full blown nutjobs and a lot of repeated information. It's sad that this masks a lot of great information on this forum. VERY SAD. The forum will only appeal to a small percentage of people who may understand or get something out of it and will scare off 99% of people who do not want to be attacked for not knowing everything or wanting to ask a question.

I will add that I don't think this is a bad place. I mean, I'm still posting here, aren't I?

Mods - do you think the forum appeals to the general Macedonian? Do you not see how intimidating it can be to post here?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Sorry, this forum is not teenager friendly. This forum is a full of anger, spite, prejudice and is a place teamed with full blown nutjobs and a lot of repeated information. It's sad that this masks a lot of great information on this forum. VERY SAD. The forum will only appeal to a small percentage of people who may understand or get something out of it and will scare off 99% of people who do not want to be attacked for not knowing everything or wanting to ask a question.

I will add that I don't think this is a bad place. I mean, I'm still posting here, aren't I?

Mods - do you think the forum appeals to the general Macedonian? Do you not see how intimidating it can be to post here?
                      Bij, I'm not sure what you consider "jumping" on and "attacking". It seems a lot of people have a problem with open and honest debate. It seems like a lot of people want to throw in their two cents and just be congratulated, regardless of how insightful or ridiculous those two cents are.

Open and honest debate is a foundation stone of democratic society and the free market. Its called life. If its something you can't handle, then you may want to look into seeking assylum in North Korea. Everyone agrees with each other there and if they don't, they just say something nice anyway. It would be your own version of 'utopia'.

Our young, Macedonians and other Australians more broadly, don't need nanny's making sure they don't stub their toes. They need to be brought up to take responsibility for themselves, think critically, DEFEND as well as express their views AND grow some thick skin. This is all part of life and more to the point, the meat and potatoes of activism.

If I cried and ran home to mummy everytime someone swore at me, insulted me or my family, threatened me with violence, ridiculed me, falsely accused me of something or any of the other crap I put up with on a daily basis on this forum and in the outside world, I might as well just check myself into a padded cell and never venture out.

Comment

• Bij
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                        Bij, I'm not sure what you consider "jumping" on and "attacking". It seems a lot of people have a problem with open and honest debate. It seems like a lot of people want to throw in their two cents and just be congratulated, regardless of how insightful or ridiculous those two cents are.

Open and honest debate is a foundation stone of democratic society and the free market. Its called life. If its something you can't handle, then you may want to look into seeking assylum in North Korea. Everyone agrees with each other there and if they don't, they just say something nice anyway. It would be your own version of 'utopia'.

Our young, Macedonians and other Australians more broadly, don't need nanny's making sure they don't stub their toes. They need to be brought up to take responsibility for themselves, think critically, DEFEND as well as express their views AND grow some thick skin. This is all part of life and more to the point, the meat and potatoes of activism.

If I cried and ran home to mummy everytime someone swore at me, insulted me or my family, threatened me with violence, ridiculed me, falsely accused me of something or any of the other crap I put up with on a daily basis on this forum and in the outside world, I might as well just check myself into a padded cell and never venture out.
                        if an open and honest discussion was being had, then this wouldn't be a problem. the issue is, you consider "discussion" to be "someone swore at me, insulted me or my family, threatened me with violence, ridiculed me, falsely accused me of something or any of the other crap".

instead of being a prick to everyone on the forum, how about you put together a 500-1000 word article on what the ventilator means and how every day macedonians can be proactive about eliminating it without being considered extremists?

anyway enough of your mood swings - come on mods, be a little progressive. Run a Macedonian Youth Organisation parallel to this site!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Sorry, this forum is not teenager friendly. This forum is a full of anger, spite, prejudice and is a place teamed with full blown nutjobs and a lot of repeated information. It's sad that this masks a lot of great information on this forum.
                          Grow some thick skin, snap out of that fairyland you live in get it through your head that the Macedonian struggle isn't just a walk in the park. Nobody pushes out teenagers here. But we do push against those who should know better after being here for so long, in the hope that they will be consistent - because after a while they become counter-productive to the Macedonian Cause.
                          And that means what, it isn't a bad place because you're here? Please...you speak as though we haven't already considered most of what you write.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

if an open and honest discussion was being had, then this wouldn't be a problem. the issue is, you consider "discussion" to be "someone swore at me, insulted me or my family, threatened me with violence, ridiculed me, falsely accused me of something or any of the other crap".
                            Do you even read my posts before you respond?

instead of being a prick to everyone on the forum, how about you put together a 500-1000 word article on what the ventilator means and how every day macedonians can be proactive about eliminating it without being considered extremists?
                            I've already done this - numerous times. In fact, its the first post of this very thread!! Like I said before, try and read much more widely, don't just come into a thread halfway through and start "jumping" on people and then being a cry baby when they do the same back.

Comment

• vojnik
                              • Apr 2011

Bij I'm 18 years old soon to be 19 so I'd say I'm a teenager, yet I still use this forum. I haven't been on it much due to University lately. I have had my fair share of debates with other members on this forum etc. Yet am still here. I don't see how it isn't teenager friendly? All that I see is just that some people can't take criticism and like Tom said do you expect for members on this forum to give pats on the back to unaware people. You can't seriously expect for something to comment something ridiculous on a forum and to get congratulated on their stupidity or misinformation. Go on any forum and you will see the same thing being done as it is here. The real world is full of "anger, spite, prejudice and contains teamed full blown nutjobs." Yeah life isn't so friendly should everyone just kill themselves? I have no idea what your trying to get out have you tried leaving your basement and seen the real world? Question's on this forum are accepted stupidity like your above comment aren't all that shows if your unaware and should expect criticism for it. Need I go on???

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Here's something from Delcev (whom many people hypocritically claim as a hero, but never bother to read up on or even agree with most of his ideas):

"Drugari, koj e so dve srca, neka ostane tuka, akoj e so edno ama mashko, neka trgne so mene. Nie ne odime na svadba, tuku zaminuvame za Makedonija za da se borime za osloboduvanjeto na svojot narod." Goce Delchev Dekemvri 1902

While we are fortunate enough not to have to undertake an armed struggle for liberation, as we have peaceful means at our disposal, it is still a venomous struggle that requires moral courage. Many seem to think, like in Delcev's time, that it is some sort of friendly gathering, akin to a wedding, full of pleasantries and niceties.

Comment

Working...
                                X