Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Phoenix, I'm not sure I appreciate your Frankness.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Tonight on 'After the Bounce' (AFL show on FoxSports, hosted by Jason Dunstall) they had a segment on 'Multicultural Round', highlighting 5 of the games greatest multicultural players...

To my total horror Jason Dunstall read out Peter Daicos, the 'Macedonian Marvel' as a greek player together with a small greek flag attached to his name, whilst showing a small highlights reel of some of his 'magic'...this was exactly the sort of shit I was fearing when I started the thread...

I've sent my complaint to...

[email protected]
      Last edited by Phoenix; 07-17-2011, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
        Tonight on 'After the Bounce' (AFL show on FoxSports, hosted by Jason Dunstall) they had a segment on 'Multicultural Round', highlighting 5 of the games greatest multicultural players...

To my total horror Jason Dunstall read out Peter Daicos, the 'Macedonian Marvel' as a greek player together with a small greek flag attached to his name, whilst showing a small highlights reel of some of his 'magic'...this was exactly the sort of shit I was fearing when I started the thread...

I've sent my complaint to...

[email protected]
        Thanks for the heads up Phoenix. I also wrote to them asking to apologise and correct there mistake.

If anyone here is unsure on what Peter Daicos is, enjoy these photos where he was a guest at a recent Blagica concert.

(identity of the other person has been covered due to privacy)

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Daniel the Great
          • Nov 2009

Phoenix, Its good that you complained, because like how those dumb cunts at FoxSports stuffed up by calling Goran Pandev a Bulgarian, they stuffed up again by calling Peter Daicos whos other family members call them selves by their Macedonian last name 'Daikov'.
          But they probably got confused with the his last name and the fact that he is apart of the Greek team of the century, which really pisses me off that he would even accept to be apart of it.
          Last edited by Daniel the Great; 07-17-2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Egejska View Post
            I hope not, I cant stand it when the eagles win - sports wise I feel like Im an expat living in Perth..

and also RIP Yabby, big loss to the game.
            Yeh, I guess the Eagles for you in perth is a bit like Carlton for us in Melbourne...gotta hate them.
            R.I.P Allan Jeans, absolutely phenomenal coach winning 3 premierships at Hawthorn, as well as the Saints only premiership.

In regards to what Phoenix posted, it's a bit of a disgrace that Fox Sports would insult the entire Macedonian community by labelling Daicos as a 'Greek' AFL legend. If he was Greek he would be the 'Greek marvel,' but obviously the people at Fox Sports lack the common sense to piece the puzzle together.
            I feared a similar outcome when on 'Before the Game' on channel 10 presented a Greek AFL legends segment due to Zaharakis being a guest on the show. Thankfully they did not misinform the public as Fox Sports has done.
            Anyone have any footage of the show?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Nice photo of the Macedonian marvel!

But I think that he needs to raise this with the AFL also, to correct the errors.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• United MKD
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                I feared a similar outcome when on 'Before the Game' on channel 10 presented a Greek AFL legends segment due to Zaharakis being a guest on the show. Thankfully they did not misinform the public as Fox Sports has done.
                Anyone have any footage of the show?
                LOL, so true I was watching the exact same thing and just waiting for them to show Daicos, props to them for not. Instead, they showed Demetriou the pig and Kouta.

Comment

• makgerman
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Nice photo of the Macedonian marvel!

But I think that he needs to raise this with the AFL also, to correct the errors.
                  SOM, I believe the official AFL website has Peter Daicos listed in the Macedonian group of Players with Multicultural Background.

The list can be found on http://www.afl.com.au/afl/vfl%20play...9/default.aspx

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                    Thanks for the heads up Phoenix. I also wrote to them asking to apologise and correct there mistake.
                    The response. At least they did not ignore me.

Dear Viewer,

I am the producer of the After the Bounce program and it was my research that lead to Jason Dunstall referring to the incorrect nationality of Peter Daicos on last night’s show.

As the producer I am embarrassed about the error and did not deliberately refer to the incorrect nationality of Peter Daicos. I apologise for this inadvertent error and sincerely regret any offence caused by my mistake.

I can confirm that Premier Media Group’s General Manager (Melbourne) Rod Law, who oversees FOX SPORTS AFL coverage, has been made aware of your feedback and we greatly appreciate the time you have taken to provide me with your feedback.

PMG understands the potential sensitivities around a person’s heritage and does all it can do to respect this. As a subscription television company, it is not in our interests to offend or alienate a section of our viewers and I can assure you that in no way did we intend to cause offence to anyone.

I trust that I have been able to adequately address your concerns.

If you have further comments please email me or Rod at [email protected].

Yours sincerely,

Bill Cannon

FOX SPORTS Producer
                    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makgerman View Post
                      SOM, I believe the official AFL website has Peter Daicos listed in the Macedonian group of Players with Multicultural Background.

The list can be found on http://www.afl.com.au/afl/vfl%20play...9/default.aspx
                      Thanks Makgerman, but that link is even worse. Look what it states:

•Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Nick Malceski, Peter Berbakov, Mark Nicoski, John Gastev, Peter Daicos, John Rombotis, Jason Trianides
                      Macedonia isn't even under an 'm', but under 'f', and half of those players aren't even from the republic! They are supposed to list them by their heritage, irrespective of where they are from. I mean, if Dermott Brereton (who is not even born in Ireland) was born in China on route to Australia I doubt he would be listed as Chinese. He is still (rightfully) listed as being of Irish heritage. This is what we need to complain about, and I think it is up to Macedonian players in the AFL to make their voices heard.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        Thanks Makgerman, but that link is even worse. Look what it states:

Macedonia isn't even under an 'm', but under 'f', and half of those players aren't even from the republic! They are supposed to list them by their heritage, irrespective of where they are from. I mean, if Dermott Brereton (who is not even born in Ireland) was born in China on route to Australia I doubt he would be listed as Chinese. He is still (rightfully) listed as being of Irish heritage. This is what we need to complain about, and I think it is up to Macedonian players in the AFL to make their voices heard.
                        SoM
                        Quite right! They were Macedonians before they were fyromnians!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                          The response. At least they did not ignore me.
                          Bill I got exactly the same response...

Comment

Working...
                          X