X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post

Sorry to turn this into a hawthorn thread...but the mighty hawks are just that good!
    EM, Get the name right, its the Tassie Hawks now
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
      EM, Get the name right, its the Tassie Hawks now
      Pfft, we are just slowly taking over Australia...part of our world domination plan!

May I ask who you support Bill? or are they too good of a joke to tell?

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Pfft, we are just slowly taking over Australia...part of our world domination plan!

May I ask who you support Bill? or are they too good of a joke to tell?
        My club have been such a joke in the past years that i have become immune to everything thrown at me. Judddyyyyyyyyyyyy

Speaking of Multicultural Round. Lets talk about culture. Collingwoods Heath Shaw just suspended for 8 weeks for betting on a team mate Maxwell to kick the first goal last week. A culture of law breakers at that club
        Last edited by Bill77; 07-15-2011, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
          • Jan 2010

My club have been such a joke in the past years that i have become immune to everything thrown at me. Judddyyyyyyyyyyyy
          Lol, some say CJ is JC (jesus christ)...little do they know he is bloody overrated to say the least!

Wait until we fix the blues up in round 22. All I'm hoping for now is that the eagles take that 4th spot and juddy's lot enjoy the privledges of the bottom 8!!

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Lol, some say CJ is JC (jesus christ)...little do they know he is bloody overrated to say the least!
            Are you the same bloke that says "who is going to carry Carlton" when Juddy gets injured?

Wait until we fix the blues up in round 22. All I'm hoping for now is that the eagles take that 4th spot and juddy's lot enjoy the privledges of the bottom 8!!
            I hope your dreams come true. I want Ratten out. Bring on Malthouse

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
              • Jan 2010

Are you the same bloke that says "who is going to carry Carlton" when Juddy gets injured?

I hope your dreams come true. I want Ratten out. Bring on Malthouse

Haha, to an extent, yes I am that bloke...but Carlton still have a formidable side.
              I'm more the bloke that expects Judd to get 3 votes on Carlton's bye round.

He'd definitely be a better coach..that's if he doesn't change his mind about leaving.

Comment

• Zarni
                Banned
                • May 2011

Are we next going to talk up Cricket for shit sakes, enjoy your Foody guys
                by the way I am a Victorian it is a village idiot Game to me.

Does anyone support the A-League namely Melbourne Victory?
                Last edited by Zarni; 07-15-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
                  Are we next going to talk up Cricket for shit sakes, enjoy your Foody guys
                  by the way I am a Victorian it is a village idiot Game to me.

Does anyone support the A-League namely Melbourne Victory?
                  Well considering it's the most popular sport in Australia, I guess we are a nation full of idiots then.

I have no interest in the A-league as it was brought about by an anti-ethnic agenda against the former NSL clubs. Soccer in Australia hasn't progressed under the guidance of the A-league and I would go as far to consider it a failure.
                  Melbourne Heart is the closest team I'd support due to harbouring a dislike for Melbourne Victory.

Comment

• Zarni
                    Banned
                    • May 2011

Obviously you are the forgotten Football supporter which the FFA has only this year understood is very important to the of future Australian Football, I get were you are coming from

You are not idiot for following AFL I didn’t say that (well a teeny little since you know a technically and passionately superior ball game which your Macedonian Heritage has given to you) it is just sad you do not see the A-League it and don’t engage in it but I do understand why

nobody will doubt what the AFL has accomplished in absorbing the Immigrate population into their game. But back to the point of view I want to make here for years growing up and even today playing and loving Football I was forced in some social circles to feel like an outsider because I follow Football but if I pick up a oval ball and run with it I am a true blue Australian that is why the AFL multicultural spin we all get is horse shit I am not the only one to feel like that trust me

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
                      Obviously you are the forgotten Football supporter which the FFA has only this year understood is very important to the of future Australian Football, I get were you are coming from

You are not idiot for following AFL I didn’t say that (well a teeny little since you know a technically and passionately superior ball game which your Macedonian Heritage has given to you) it is just sad you do not see the A-League it and don’t engage in it but I do understand why

nobody will doubt what the AFL has accomplished in absorbing the Immigrate population into their game. But back to the point of view I want to make here for years growing up and even today playing and loving Football I was forced in some social circles to feel like an outsider because I follow Football but if I pick up a oval ball and run with it I am a true blue Australian that is why the AFL multicultural spin we all get is horse shit I am not the only one to feel like that trust me
                      Well the fact that the FFA disallowed Melb Victory and Heart to compete in the Mirabella Cup shows another step to further separate the original and newly founded leagues.
                      Don't get me wrong though, I love the game of soccer just as much as AFL, and I actually prefer playing soccer over AFL. But in terms of my Macedonian heritage giving me the great game, the Macedonian National team is a joke and frankly, uninspiring.
                      I wasn't even alive to see Preston play in the NSL, but to see videos and such of what the club once was, and what it has been reduced to now is partly to blame on the anti-ethnic stance adopted by the FFA.

I understand what you mean though in relation to feeling as an outsider. I've grown up in a predominately Anglo community and still remember this one time in primary school when a good Italian friend of mine back then was picked on for wearing a soccer top to a sports themed free dress day...needless to say, AFL jerseys seemed to be the favourite.
                      In that sense I do agree that the sport has not preached the notion of multiculturalism effectively to the community in some aspects. But, it has acted as a unifying force for all communities to work together. Look no further than the Aboriginal influence in moden AFL, as well as having a range of ethnic superstars back in the days, and no better example than the Macedonian Marvel, Peter Daicos.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Zarni
                        You are not idiot for following AFL I didn’t say that (well a teeny little since you know a technically and passionately superior ball game which your Macedonian Heritage has given to you)
                        OK, I will bite.
                        Modern AFL players are warriors who go into battle every week. It is a fierce game that requires supreme levels of fitness, strength and coordination. Soccer players are indeed skillful, probably more than AFL players .... but to try to tie in soccer with some Macedonian heritage is like saying Macedonians should only be farmers. What a stupid suggestion Zarni.

I will never understand the Canadian fascination with ice-hockey but I know they know what they like about the sport. Ultimately, if you are fat and watch sport on TV a lot ... I can't stand you.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Egejska
                          • Sep 2008

All I'm hoping for now is that the eagles take that 4th spot and juddy's lot enjoy the privledges of the bottom 8!!
                          I hope not, I cant stand it when the eagles win - sports wise I feel like Im an expat living in Perth..

and also RIP Yabby, big loss to the game.
                          An idea whose time has come, cannot be stopped by any army or any government.
                          Ron Paul.

Don't steal. The government hates competition.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

In the physical sense, footy is probably the most well-rounded game of all ball sports, and while I like the game, I have generally been more inclined towards soccer (more properly termed as football, where 90% of the game is at the feet).
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Whils't soccer can get violent i noticed more & more people are doing illegal things to each other like illegal head lock.Both afl & nrl Punching,kicking each other & biting one another.One needs to see the physical injuries suffered as a result brocken necks,legs head injuries etc which is becoming too apparent.It's becoming more like a blood sport.People fighting each other & forgeting true sportmanship.Also one begs to ask all those fines they are putting on people are they really effective.Some of the tackles in NRL the way they all jump on players & injure their necks Is amazing.The reason is that the neck is so weak & a person can easily end up a quadraplegic.
                              Last edited by George S.; 07-16-2011, 11:28 PM. Reason: ed
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Zarni, if I can be 'Frank' with you, I don't agree with your attack on the AFL.

There's a really ignorant section of the AFL community that includes primarily some of its supporters and some media personalities that are very anti the World Game (i.e. Football/Soccer).
                                Your comments are the polar opposite but equally ignorant.

I strongly believe that the Australian sporting landscape provides enough space to accomodate AFL, Football/Soccer and the Rugby codes.

There's growing acceptance that this is indeed the case, it's quite common for AFL players to talk about their favourite EPL sides, I've seen AFL players in the crowd at Melbourne Victory games.
                                AFL coaches are now readily admitting how they're turning to Football (and Rugby) to develop tactical strategies.
                                It has become common practice for AFL clubs to tap into the knowledge base of EPL clubs to develop best practice methodologies.

Australian sports science has improved on the back of AFL sports doctors working at EPL clubs...Geelong FC's, Dr Chris Bradshaw spent many years working in the EPL, the current sports science head at Liverpool FC is an Australian with AFL background.

Many 'football' lovers spend the winter months following the AFL and then turn their attention to the A-League or one of the European leagues in the Australian summer.
                                Its sad that small minded tribalism excludes many from a truly bigger experience...

Comment

Working...
                                X