Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

voltron you are just trying to avoid saying that before the greeks took over solun was not a macedonian city.Your new mayor could do with some good dose of castor oil for lying to his people.By saying that solun was a multiethnic he is trying to say that it's not macedonian how convenient.Get rid of the macedonian flavour & Introduce multiethnic element so it's all greek to you.Voltron stop your bs & admit that the ethnic element of solun was predominantly a majority of macedonians.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
      • Nov 2009

Voltron you clearly have demonstrated that if someone even a fellow Greek admits the truth you denounce everything he has said. Why should they take his degree away he majors in scientific statistics.

Why even bother with Macedonia you should be more proud of Sparta.
      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• RitaC
        • Dec 2010

Any chance this thread can get back on topic?

I just did a google search and it seems that the chinese purchased the 35 year operating rights to the Athenian port for $4.2 billion American.

I don't know how much traffic Solun entertains, but assuming it's a quarter of the Athenian port, a $1 billion investment might be a bit much for a Macdonian economy that only generates $8billion annually.

What about Macedonian businessmen of the Diaspora? This might be a real opportunity to contribute tangibly to the national Macedonian cause.

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by RitaC View Post

I just did a google search and it seems that the chinese purchased the 35 year operating rights to the Athenian port for $4.2 billion American.

I don't know how much traffic Solun entertains, but assuming it's a quarter of the Athenian port, a $1 billion investment might be a bit much for a Macdonian economy that only generates $8billion annually.

What about Macedonian businessmen of the Diaspora? This might be a real opportunity to contribute tangibly to the national Macedonian cause.
          Wouldn't trust buying anything from Greeks. I would've had more trust dealing with Fidel Castro and Cuba.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• vojnik
            • Apr 2011

yeah Meto and his UMD gang can use the wonderful donations they recieve and their power to persuade everyone to buy it.....

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
              yes if we (macedonians) were smart we would do as the Jews did when they bought their land back in Palestine then claimed national sovrenity bad sadly our politicians aren't as smart and our people are to stubborn to do so
              ?? That place is a hell hole of fighting and terrorism. I can't even imagine the violence that erupts there daily to ever occur in Europe. Not to mention there's tons of more religious tensions.

I also wonder why border changes are argued so frequently in the Balkans as opposed to other European areas which have undergone vaster border changes in the last century alone. ie. Poland, Russia, Germany, France, Ireland, Czech R., etc.
              Last edited by SirGeorge8600; 06-22-2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Sir George It's crazy to tell other nations that they should not have irrendist behaviour when the borders were changed to so many countries you are right on that especially europe.Greece by taking the macedonian peoples land & especially solun merely took it all by force & today they are losing it because of their STUPIDITY.Why all that hard work of ripping the macedonians will go to waste & they have no guts to admit what they done perhaps when it's all gone that they may admit it.Also where is it going to find the money to pay for the claims on greece by macedonians robbed of their lands?
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                  • Jun 2011

Technically Turkey also robbed Greece and Macedonia of their lands...especially Greece. Or does one mean to say that all those Greek monuments and statues on the western coastline of Turkey with archaeological tests proving their age magically appeared there? They also 'robbed' some Bulgarian monuments from Byzantium... and unlike the Greeks they committed genocides killing millions which they still deny today.... but are the Balkan countries ever going to get those lands back? I highly doubt it... the modern superpowers who more or less have an underhand in all the wars and and uprisings that happen care more about economic resources and what you mean to them in terms of foreign relations. Unless Greece, Macedonia, or Bulgaria are G8 countries, I doubt it'll be approved. If any Balkan country were to do anything worth going to war at, the US would have dozens of naval carriers in the Mediterranean next day and tell the Balkan nations leader to go screw himself unless he was willing to cooperate with the Americans.
                  Last edited by SirGeorge8600; 06-22-2011, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• figure8
                    • Jan 2011

from what i understand the port in solun is the biggest in the mediteranian...
                    well im sure that if the IMF lends out possibly trillions of dollars around the world, we can surely get a little slice of that pie...
                    it doesn't even have to be the port, macedonia should branch out in any industry it deems profatible. imagine if we were in greece's shoes, greece would buy out everything no question.

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by figure8 View Post
                      from what i understand the port in solun is the biggest in the mediteranian...
                      Really? wow, I always thought it would have been somewhere in Spain or Italy.

Comment

• Onur
                        • Apr 2010

I am no expert on this issue but i believe buying the port in Salonika would be a dead investment cuz afaik, they don't have any proper industry in western Thrace and Aegean Macedonia. To be able to use a port, you gotta export something from there and for exporting, you gotta manufacture/produce something somewhere near the port. I disqualify importing cuz i don't think people have enough money to buy foreign goods. I know from the articles about western Thrace, Greece have no proper factory around there which can produce something profitable and sell-able to the outside world. Also, the port in Salonika is far away than the port in Athens for all countries except Russia who can reach there from Blacksea. What Russians can buy from there? Basically nothing since they already buy all the vegetables and fruits from Turkey and i don't think they would need any other thing from Salonika.

I think, rather than buying the port, Macedonians should think about buying the small factories in Aegean Macedonia to create jobs for the Macedonians. Turkish people will literally buy every assets in western Thrace to do that. That`s what i read from the newspapers nowadays. Ofc if Greek government permits that but i don't think they can find any other buyer for the small and currently unprofitable assets in Aegean Macedonia and western Thrace. Turkish businessmen here are thinking about producing some stuff in western Thrace with local Turkish labor force and then Turkey would buy whatever they produce. Unemployment rates are ridiculously high in western Thrace, people talking about 40% and since Greece wont and cant do something about it, so Turkey will provide a solution like that. I believe the unemployment in Aegean Macedonia is not any better than western Thrace either.

If you can provide jobs to the Macedonians in there then you can have a chance to set them free from the Greek propaganda machine. I think you should do the same since you have a border with it too. Let the Aegean Macedonians produce and then Macedonia can buy those by transporting the goods from the highway. Everyone would be happy in the end.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

I just saw someone say that athens sold the port of athens for 4.5 billion where has that money gone.If anything is sold how do we know it's going to go to where it's meant to be.Otherwise the money will get spirited away or squandered away.I don't trust any politician after what they done & that is total bankruptcy of the country.
                          Also selling key assets means there will be nothing left you can't run a country with no public infrastructure.Wher are the greeks to get jobs unemployment will hit the roof,i see massive exodus out to other countries.If macedonia plays her cards right she could make an imense gain from the expense of other countries defaulting.
                          The other thing no one has asked whether all that debts ,defaulting the country canot be run in debt will the greek govt get's it's marching orders & get booted out of the eu because of their huuge liability.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                          X