X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zarni
    Banned
    • May 2011

Vangel........I am informed and Intelligent and understand a general comment is just as valid of a contribution as post with footnotes and sources. Being called "worthless" I don’t appreciate you showing some humility would be great.

I guess I will leave this thread as it just is going to revolve around circles with you without end

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
      Vangel........I am informed and Intelligent and understand a general comment is just as valid of a contribution as post with footnotes and sources. Being called "worthless" I don’t appreciate you showing some humility would be great.

I guess I will leave this thread as it just is going to revolve around circles with you without end
      Hang around Zarni. I have some more interesting factoids to add.
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

People are presenting things that look like they are discrepancies but forget that there was a jesus & he died on the cross & rose from the dead.So the essential theme or story is there.If one gospel accounts on something the other has a fuller account.There is even in isaiah the coming of jesus who he is how he came to be & how he is to die etc foretold.
        So people are nitpicking & saying look here that's not right.Well guys you are questioning the word of god & you are questioning jesus christ son of god who is god.
        If you look at the bible passages on their own they don't seem right in isolation but if you look at it in entirety & compare to other passages you will get the message.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
          People are presenting things that look like they are discrepancies but forget that there was a jesus & he died on the cross & rose from the dead.So the essential theme or story is there.If one gospel accounts on something the other has a fuller account.There is even in isaiah the coming of jesus who he is how he came to be & how he is to die etc foretold.
          So people are nitpicking & saying look here that's not right.Well guys you are questioning the word of god & you are questioning jesus christ son of god who is god.
          If you look at the bible passages on their own they don't seem right in isolation but if you look at it in entirety & compare to other passages you will get the message.
          George you're bible jivin' me George. If you're going to bible jive me then offer me some substance. Maybe read the pages I posted above before making this comment. The bible is not the word of god. The bible was written by men and is a very human book.
          Maybe you can point out somewhere in the bible where the crucifix Jesus was crucified on was a T shaped cross and not an X shape or an I shape?

Comment

• Delodephius
            • Sep 2008

Bible is the word of humans, not the word of "God". And even if was the word of a god, it would of the god of mischief, a god on the lowest scale of divinity, a god not worthy of one Brahman or one Ahura Mazda.
            Last edited by Delodephius; 06-26-2011, 06:38 PM.
            अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
            उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
            This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
            But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Good point tm if we don't accept it as the infallible word of god then it's not what it's cracked up to be.But the bible has to explain itself from different passages before it becomes clear.I'm not an expert but maybe vangelovski could answer that.??
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

YouTube - ‪Radiometric Dating‬‏

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

phoenix Isaiah 40:22 says that Earth is Round(circle of a round earth).Also elswhere it says that the sun rules the day & night which means the earth object revolves around a star object.How can the sun more powerfull than the earth orbit a planet it doesn't make sense.The rule of gravity says the bigger object has more pull than the weaker objects planets.Also depending on distances.
                  Last edited by George S.; 06-26-2011, 08:00 PM. Reason: ed
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

TM,

I'm going to take the time to provide a fairly lengthy respone to Bart Ehrman's claims that you posted here, so please bare with me.

I want to show exactly why Bart is a hack and why claims that the Gospels supposedly contradict each other are just nonsense.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonin
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                      http://books.google.com/books?id=QDi...page&q&f=false

I read this book and found it to be not only shocking but absolutely indefinite as to the realities of the bible and how christianity was formed. I recommend anyone interested in the subject to pick this book up by Bart Ehrman.
                      TM here is a PDF version of his book: Jesus-interrupted-Bart-D-ehrman

Also worth reading is "A Guide to Understanding the Bible by Harry Emerson Fosdick"

It show how the Biblical idea of God is evolving.
                      Last edited by makedonin; 06-27-2011, 03:50 AM.
                      To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Delodephius
                        • Sep 2008

TM, here is an online e-book that talks about the origin of Judaism and Christianity. It is quite accurate based on what I read from other sources, like the "Zarathustra and the Transfiguration of the World" which if you manage to find somehow (there seem to be only a French version and the Serbian translation I got), the book is one of the most remarkable philosophical description about the origin of all western religions.
                        अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                        उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                        This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                        But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Onur
                          • Apr 2010

Here are some examples of what religions are for;

Christian youth camp in US, called as "Jesus camp". Children are getting brainwashed. They also learn martial arts to become mujaheddins and to spread the christianity in Palestine, Afghanistan according to their teachers;
                          YouTube - ‪Crazy Christian Camp For Children‬‏

Children becomes more maniac as the brainwashing intensifies;
                          YouTube - ‪Pentecostal Youth camp.‬‏
                          YouTube - ‪Crazy Screaming Christian at some jesus camp‬‏

Then they get into the real purpose of the camp. Children learns to worship to the George W. Bush;
                          YouTube - ‪Jesus Camp Bush Worship‬‏

These are muslims in Pakistan or Bangladesh or somewhere like that;
                          YouTube - ‪Crazy Mullah's gone mad in Pakistan‬‏

Now tell me, is there any difference between the so-called christians with the so-called muslims? I see none

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

That's the key word Onur - "so-called". I'm not sure what the point of your post was - to bag out religion based on "so-called" adherents?
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                              Here are some examples of what religions are for;

Christian youth camp in US, called as "Jesus camp". Children are getting brainwashed. They also learn martial arts to become mujaheddins and to spread the christianity in Palestine, Afghanistan according to their teachers;
                              YouTube - ‪Crazy Christian Camp For Children‬‏

Children becomes more maniac as the brainwashing intensifies;
                              YouTube - ‪Pentecostal Youth camp.‬‏
                              YouTube - ‪Crazy Screaming Christian at some jesus camp‬‏

Then they get into the real purpose of the camp. Children learns to worship to the George W. Bush;
                              YouTube - ‪Jesus Camp Bush Worship‬‏

These are muslims in Pakistan or Bangladesh or somewhere like that;
                              YouTube - ‪Crazy Mullah's gone mad in Pakistan‬‏

Now tell me, is there any difference between the so-called christians with the so-called muslims? I see none
                              Both groups are kooks in these videos Onur.

Comment

• Onur
                                • Apr 2010

TM, i would say that too if these people would be so few but according to wikipedia, these pentecostals are fastest growing religious sect in the world with 250+ million adherents. Same can be said for the muslim fundamentalists. They are gaining in numbers and brainwashing children as you can see in the videos. So, imho, these people represents religions anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X