Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

While I can see the humour in this, I think the butchering of the Macedonian language and its dialects (both in and out of Macedonia) is saddening, and needs to be brought to a halt.

I mean, "go respektiram"? What the hell is wrong with "go pocituvam" or "go postovam"?? Another stupid example is "startuva" - what is wrong with "pocnuva"? In some cases an english-speaker may find it easier to understand Macedonian with further idiocies like "indikativno", "maltretira", etc. One could probably expect some english words to creep into the language spoken by the Diaspora in western countries, but why so many in Macedonia? This is proof that those appointed to protect and preserve our linguistic heritage aren't doing enough (or anything at all).
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
      • Sep 2010

can i ask you how would you say traffic lights in Macedonian if you spoke to your parents?
      Semafori.

This is a perfect example of cultural destruction. When I went to Macedonia in 2009 I didn't hear 1 single Macedonian song, except these MTV degenerate songs. When I was young everyone use to play Macedonian songs every where, now its full of this crap.

This MTV culture is over-promoted in every single country. The new generations in Macedonia are growing up with this shit and not Macedonian cultural songs.

I mean, "go respektiram"? What the hell is wrong with "go pocituvam" or "go postovam"?? Another stupid example is "startuva" - what is wrong with "pocnuva"? In some cases an english-speaker may find it easier to understand Macedonian with further idiocies like "indikativno", "maltretira", etc. One could probably expect some english words to creep into the language spoken by the Diaspora in western countries, but why so many in Macedonia? This is proof that those appointed to protect and preserve our linguistic heritage aren't doing enough (or anything at all).
      I noticed this as well. Even on the Macedonian news I noticed they use Macedonian-Englishized words. Makes me wonder how long our language will last if they keep changing words.

When I was young, there was a show in Macedonia about the Macedonian language and how to speak it properly. But no one seems to be promoting it anymore. It should be on TV day and night!.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

DCH, I remember such shows on Macedonian TV. I think they still have them, about once a year
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Mikail
          • Sep 2008

SoM, I hate the use of plavo, plavo and plavo! What ever happened to ruso, sino and belo?
          From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Rogi
            • Sep 2008

This thread and its' entire premise depresses and infuriates me.

It also reminds me of an article in a Macedonian newspaper that couldn't remember "Pravoslavni" and instead decided to bastardise the language even further, coming up with "Ortodoksni".

Comment

• fyrOM
              Banned
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Coolski View Post
              Unfortunately with the number of loan words used in Macedonia you might be outnumbered even there.

I also try not to use menglish too much, especially not leading up to and while in MKD, because it really sounds funny when u hear Aus-Macs over there speaking this strange tongue.
              When I used to go to Macedonia in the past I was laughed at for using such Macedonianised English words yet these days they are all too common in the news newspapers and in public its sometimes hard to distinguish which are their accepted words and which still are Australian Macedonian words…at this rate it might become the new standard. It really is strange…in the past I would do it out of ignorance and be laughed at and latter when I got better at Macedonian and spoke what I thought was more accurate Macedonian in Macedonia I was considered uncool.

Comment

Working...
              X