Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikail
    • Sep 2008

For some insane reason I'd bet they'll be going to Donny brook XRVOL. N point in asking them.

Not sure who you'd contact. Perhaps the members of Geelong's Macedonian community would be starting point.
    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Mikail, 25th of December is not on the Orthodox Calendar, after Sveti Nikola which is today there is nothing else on. I wouldnt mind eating a few posni sarmicina.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• XRVOL
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
        For some insane reason I'd bet they'll be going to Donny brook XRVOL. N point in asking them.

Not sure who you'd contact. Perhaps the members of Geelong's Macedonian community would be starting point.
        Yes, i agree. I didn't bother asking the churches after their anti-Geeling record in the past.

The Macedonian Community Council of Victoria was contacted which resulted in not even one reply. Pathetic considering if you contact them about their own events they would reply to you on the day. Just goes to show the state of our community organisations.

Anyway, i ended up obtaining some useful information for the day which i will post up a bit later on.

It really is a shame because even a little bit of contact with the City of Greater Geelong (who were very willing to work together) can go a long way in making the day much better for the Macedonians who go there and a step in the direction of reviving (what was) the biggest day in the Victorian community's calendar.

Comment

• Mikail
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by XRVOL View Post
          Yes, i agree. I didn't bother asking the churches after their anti-Geeling record in the past.

The Macedonian Community Council of Victoria was contacted which resulted in not even one reply. Pathetic considering if you contact them about their own events they would reply to you on the day. Just goes to show the state of our community organisations.

Anyway, i ended up obtaining some useful information for the day which i will post up a bit later on.

It really is a shame because even a little bit of contact with the City of Greater Geelong (who were very willing to work together) can go a long way in making the day much better for the Macedonians who go there and a step in the direction of reviving (what was) the biggest day in the Victorian community's calendar.
          I agree mate. The state of affairs is in a bit of a shambles for us.

Let us know what's going on as we are planning to make the trip over to Geelong ourselves.

@ Prolet

are you trying to enlighten me brother?
          From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• XRVOL
            • Jan 2009

Eastern Park, including Hearne Parade, Upper Hearne Parade, Podbury Drive, Eastern Park Circuit, Limeburners Road, Glen Ave and a section of Holt Road will be closed to all vehicular traffic from approximately 6.00am to approximately 6.00pm on Christmas Day, Saturday 25 December 2010.

A limited amount of parking will be available within Eastern Park. Access is available via the Garden Street and Malop Street entrance or Holt Road off Ryrie Street.

Basically, most people will congregate around the football ovals and Eastern Beach.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
              • Nov 2009

Donnybrook is the place to be Geelong is reserved for hoons
              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• XRVOL
                • Jan 2009

What an ignorant comment.

Comment

Working...
                X