X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank
    Banned
    • Mar 2010

State Education Departments respond very quickly when ever an official complaint is aired

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Education departments take discrimination very seriously. This isn't Greece, I would write to them. We cannot allow our public employees to act in this manner.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• subashov1
        • Sep 2009

Thanks everyone for their input.

I have received word from the Parents of the other Macedonian student, and the plot thickens.

Both parents of this student are born in Macedonia, and while their Language identifier has not been changed (It has been written as Macedonian on the official copy), their country of birth has been changed on the official copy. They wrote, Republic of Macedonia, but on the official copy one parent has country of birth as Australia and the other as FYROM (not the full reference, but just the abbreviation).

I am in the process of drafting a letter, and would like to highlight many instances in our history (both distant and present) where Greeks have attempted to either directly change or remove our name or where the Greeks have attempted to influence third parties (be it governments, businesess or any other organisation) to change or remove our name, in order to demonstrate that this is not an isolated incident, and therefore the reasons four our sensitivity to this and similar descrimination toward Macedonians.

I'm not a compitent orator myself, so I'd appreciate some input from forum members.

My thoughts are to start with reference to the Universal declaration of human rights, in particular:

Article 2.

* Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 12.

* No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

Article 15.

* (1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.
        * (2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.

and

Article 30.

* Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.

Thanks, Bill77 for your request to write to the school, however, on this occasion, I think I should get the ball rolling.

What I do wish to though, is include in my correspondence to the appropriate bodies is a transcript of this forum topic, just to highlight Macedonian peoples sensitivities to such issues. So if anyone has anything to write on the matter please do it in this forum Topic, so that I can include it with my letter and the universal declaration of Human Rights and any other relevant information.

Cheers to all.
        Last edited by subashov1; 11-16-2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• kykypajko
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

julka,

its because nobody except for a handful of nashi post on these 2 forums, and these endless topics fulled with opinions gets absolutely nothing done.

now if a number of you get the school to apologize that's great, but this is a bigger problem that requires more than trying to put out fires one at a time ie un dropping the name, school system erasing the mak language, etc

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

Originally posted by kykypajko View Post
            julka,

its because nobody except for a handful of nashi post on these 2 forums, and these endless topics fulled with opinions gets absolutely nothing done.

now if a number of you get the school to apologize that's great, but this is a bigger problem that requires more than trying to put out fires one at a time ie un dropping the name, school system erasing the mak language, etc
            Are you referring to me? I dont understand why you continue to link maknews in each of your posts. Especially if you are not linking MTO posts at maknews. Make up your mind, and stop swaying here and there.
            It starts off with the small fry, for that is what you are insuinuating, to get the ball rolling to make positive changes for ALL

Sub,

Absolutely, and also google school policy on anti discrimination and the relevant state education system public servant code of conduct laws. If this member is seen to be in breach, they will be reprimanded severely, either by loss of incremental pay and / or denial of any future promotions/ a fine/ and /or termination of employment.
            Try and include the school policy on equality for all students as well when you draft our letter
            I would also cc in your email the Prime Minister's Cabinet, and perhaps cc email Margaret Vasilevska at sbs news to gain some media coverage.

This will bring the media, government on multiple levels, and the school will be suitably dealt with, to stop any future bullshit on their behalf
            Good luck Sub
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

....its because nobody except for a handful of nashi post on these 2 forums, and these endless topics fulled with opinions gets absolutely nothing done
              Your pessimism is laughable, and you're going to talk about unity among Macedonians and 'getting things done', lol, please......

And FYI, the MTO has more than a handful of nashi, it has plenty of Macedonians here, including others of a non-Macedonian background. This isn't Maknews where it literally is only a handful of people.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

julka,

You obviously have no idea about MTO, what it stands for and what its trying to do.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Sub welcome to our forum,that's straight out discrimination by race.you can report that to the anti discrimination people.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

I accidently come across this thread.. I would like to know what the outcome was with subashov1 and the school.....?
                    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

Working...
                    X