X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subashov1
    • Sep 2009

Languages spoken at home changed from Macedonian to Greek

In light of what has become a near daily attack on the name of the Macedonian people, Language and culture, by Greece and their minions world wide, this following, while it may seem insignificant to many, highlights the scope of Greek racism toward Macedonians.

Just received my son's personal Information sheet from his primary school. It is sent to us to confim the information we provided at the start of his schooling is correct and if any amendments need to be made.

Me being Macedonian and my wife Indonesian, we originally wrote Macedonian and indonesian as languages other than English spoken at home.

My wife pointed out, to my amazement, that the Language other than English spoken at home by the Father has been labeled as Greek.

No doubt this has been deliberatley done, by someone in an administrative position of Greek background at the school. The school has quite a few Greeks and offer only Chinese (Mandarin) and Greek as additional languages that students can learn (needless to say, my sone does Chinese (mandarin)).

I am furious and currently developing a strategy on how to approach the head of the school about this, and have approached parents of another Macedonian student at the school to see if the same has been done with their childs personal info.

Any strategic advise would be welcome.
  • Frank
    Banned
    • Mar 2010

Talk with other Parents first get together

Then demand a meeting with the Principal

Then demand the person responsible explain themselves

Dont accept at any point this was a mistake it was not

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Welcome sub.

I would go to the top and notify the education department and threaten them with legal action for discrimination.

Showing your disgust to your school is important aswell, but its more serious when this school gets a letter of warning from their employers.

Keep us informed with the outcome mate.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

I believe your reponse should go beyond the usually "I'm disappointed" letter, this is a brazen attack on self-determination and self consciousness by individuals acting on behalf of third parties...it is nothing short than an attack on ones human rights and dignity at a time when more and more examples of this are surfacing which leads to the question of a deliberate strategy being undertaken by the Greek lobby here and overseas that attacks the identity of Macedonians.

Your best advice would be to take out membership with the AMHRC and seek their assistance and ideas as how best you tackle this problem. I think these are not isolated incidences but an orchestrated attack on all Macedonians and we need to stand united and support our organizations like the AMHRC in this fight.

Good luck.
        Last edited by Phoenix; 11-15-2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by subashov1 View Post
          In light of what has become a near daily attack on the name of the Macedonian people, Language and culture, by Greece and their minions world wide, this following, while it may seem insignificant to many, highlights the scope of Greek racism toward Macedonians.

Just received my son's personal Information sheet from his primary school. It is sent to us to confim the information we provided at the start of his schooling is correct and if any amendments need to be made.

Me being Macedonian and my wife Indonesian, we originally wrote Macedonian and indonesian as languages other than English spoken at home.

My wife pointed out, to my amazement, that the Language other than English spoken at home by the Father has been labeled as Greek.

No doubt this has been deliberatley done, by someone in an administrative position of Greek background at the school. The school has quite a few Greeks and offer only Chinese (Mandarin) and Greek as additional languages that students can learn (needless to say, my sone does Chinese (mandarin)).

I am furious and currently developing a strategy on how to approach the head of the school about this, and have approached parents of another Macedonian student at the school to see if the same has been done with their childs personal info.

Any strategic advise would be welcome.
          Are you in Australia. I recommend the following action:

1. Complain to your local school directly; AND

2. Write to the Federal Minister for Education, the Hon Peter Garrett MP and your State Minister for Education.

Your letter could prove very important, so I encourage you to do it.
          Last edited by Vangelovski; 11-15-2010, 06:54 PM.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Thank you for posting this subashov1. Some excellent suggestions on this thread already.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• fyrOM
              Banned
              • Feb 2010

Hi Subashov1
              Speak with other parents first if this has happened to them also as this adds weight to your position then definitely write to the minister of education and the education department separately.

Speak with the principal only after you have sent the letters. All principals don’t want trouble and most will seek to just smooth things over. The idiot who did this will just see any smoothing over as a green light to try something again later.

If anything happens latter the fact you have already written to the education department a record will be kept and subsequent stupidities wont be looked upon as a first offence.

Comment

• subashov1
                • Sep 2009

Thanks for the suggestions. Your all correct in what you write.

Yes, Vangelovski, I am in Australia, Doncaster East, Victoria, to be precise.

I will be looking into all advice given. As mentioned I'm waiting on a reply from another Macedonian students parent to see if the same has happened to them. Which would add more weight to my argument.

Dwelling on this matter, I can see that there are wider implications than the Racism and Discrimination (albeit being the most important) that such actions have. If the student information is forwarded to the education department for statistical puroses, this could create an imbalance in funding infavour of Greek educational programs to the detriment of Macedonian ones.

Cheers, I'll keep you informed of the progress.
                Last edited by subashov1; 11-15-2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• kykypajko
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2009

sorry to hear that, but its something that happens everyday. in many countries and nashi turn the other check. like having their cars vandalized in Greece during holiday

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

What you have stated here, is probably all you need to say, that your name was changed, by some individual in the school.

I would address it to the School directly, to the Minister and even the Board of Education. This is an important letter.
                    Last edited by Pelister; 11-15-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

welcome sub . As everyone has stated email the principal with the state education department as cc as well as your local member parliament . The admin officer as a government employee has breached code of conduct and there are serious consequences for this in light of discrimination policies and indirect harassment . As per natural justice they have the responsibility of abiding by all the rules and regulations they eschew dont delay . ↲
                      Kykypaka why do you post links to maknews on all your posts ? Indigen has requested you refrain and i agree it is not appropriate
                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Sub,
                        do you have an email address of this school and would you be willing to share.

I would love to write them my self and thats if its ok with you. I will not use bad language or anything like that, But i would like to show them my disappointment as a Macedonian.

If you are not comfortable about it, it's all cool and ignore this post.
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                          • Jan 2009

I think its a good idea to check with the other macedonian parents. Even if they have not faced this racist discrimination i would try to get them all involved in this. I would imagine the principle would take the complaint of many macedonians seriously rather than just the one.

If that doesnt work then talk to people like AMHRC

Comment

• Blagojce
                            • Mar 2010

This is not the first instance of this happening.

Qantas changed one of their frequent flyer member contact details from Macedonia to Greece.

Qantas, Australia’s national flag carrier, appears to have an issue with Macedonia. Someone, or “the system”, keeps changing “Macedonia” to “Greece” in the Qantas Frequent Flyer profile. Is it a system “error” or is it an employee with nothing better to do? What will Qantas say about this?

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

When the Priest in Adelaide arrived from ROM and put his kids in school he had the same problem, not allowed to use the name Macedonia or Macedonian, he saw the principal and questioned him who, if I remember correctly, was told by a Greek staff member they were'nt really Macedonian they were from FYROM. The Priest grabbed the kids and removed them the same day!
                              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

Working...
                              X