X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Bad Sven
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post
    Sorry Ive never seen a Serb claim Zajdi Zajdi. Every other song yes, but Zajdi Zajdi is a well known traditional Macedonian song.
    Interesting, it appears Ceca sung this song at her wedding with Arkan:

YouTube - Ceca na svadbi peva Djurdjevdan i Zajdi Zajdi

Perhaps before the rise of popularity and the "friendship" that Ceca formed with Tose, it was maybe viewed as a serbian song by certain people......
    Last edited by Big Bad Sven; 01-05-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
      • Jan 2009

On Zajdi Zajdi it appears that is still viewed as a "old serbian" song from macedonia:

Brankica Vasic alias Vasilisa is a Serbian ethno/folk singer.
      She was a member of Sanja Ilic`s Ensemble Balkanika and first vocalist for Goran Bregovic`s Ensemble. Full three years she was at the top on charts of the French radio stations which plays film music. After many years of successful vocalist career, she decides to record her first solo album Amanet which consists of 12 songs. On that album she performs old folk and ethno Serbian songs from Kosovo and Metohia and Macedonia. Some of the songs are recorded in Serbian Orthodox Church Ruzica and blessed from Serbian patriarch Pavle.

YouTube - Vasilisa - Zajdi, Zajdi

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Yep ... I have had some time to think about this thread.
        I originally felt that Macedonians should not embrace the Serbian music so readily.
        After much thought, I am still of that opinion.
        If you want to know the difference between the Egejci and Vardarci ... look no further than the Serbian fascination still in existence with an unhealthy magnitude of Macedonians from the Republic.

If its only music, good on whoever said that. I say its only the Macedonian mentality on display.

I know ... I know ... we shouldn't look for differences, we should look for what brings us together. I prefer to be together with Macedonians who acknowledge what the wolves surrounding Macedonia have done and will choose to listen to the top 40 Lithuanian hits on the radio instead. Thanks
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          If you want to know the difference between the Egejci and Vardarci ... look no further than the Serbian fascination still in existence with an unhealthy magnitude of Macedonians from the Republic.

They are the types of macedonians that go to grk-serb nights and complain about serbs claiming all of our folk songs and the grks not showing any respect to them, but at the same time ignore this so that they can get some sort of high "social status" among other balkan peoples in australia....

Comment

• Stojacanec
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            Yep ... I have had some time to think about this thread.
            I originally felt that Macedonians should not embrace the Serbian music so readily.
            After much thought, I am still of that opinion.

If its only music, good on whoever said that. I say its only the Macedonian mentality on display.

I know ... I know ... we shouldn't look for differences, we should look for what brings us together. I prefer to be together with Macedonians who acknowledge what the wolves surrounding Macedonia have done and will choose to listen to the top 40 Lithuanian hits on the radio instead. Thanks

Thats what bugs me as well. When I was in Maco in 05 I was at a Kafana trying to request Macedonian music while competing with other fellow Macedonians trying to request Serbian music all night.

At least the greeks that came over the border requested greek music showing some consistency.

Toshe proeski (bog da go prosti) was a great exporter of Macedonian music. I would hope for more of the same.

Comment

Working...
            X