• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

UFOs and Stuff

Maybe if they ever got time travel working we could answer more questions about history.

Russian Physicists: Large Hadron Collider to be used for Time Travel

Friday, 06 August 2010

Russian physicists seriously believe that the Large Hadron Collider can be used for time travel. However, it will only happen when it starts working at full capacity and stops breaking down.
    If earlier time travel was considered science fiction, now it suddenly turned into the favorite pet project of theoretical physicists.

Renowned physicist Kip Thorne of the California Institute of Technology once said in one of his lectures:

“Once upon a time, time travel was the exclusive prerogative of writers. Serious scientists were shunning it like the plague, even when they were writing novels under a pseudonym or were secretly reading them. The times have changed! Now in serious scientific journals you can find a scientific analysis of time travel, authored by outstanding theoretical physicists. Why this change? Physics simply understood that the nature of time is too important to give it to the mercy of writers.”

Today, there are many different schemes of devices designed for time travel. The main one is the Large Hadron Collider. It was launched in the fall of 2008. This is the most powerful particle accelerator in history located on the border of Switzerland and France. In its 27-kilometer ring scientists are trying to collide beams of protons accelerated to nearly light speed. As expected, this device will provide new information about particles and forces acting in space, as well as will reproduce conditions that existed immediately after the Big Bang gave birth to the universe (sort of, because there never was a 'Big Bang').

After launching the collider, people were scared of the giant black hole capable of swallowing the Earth. Yet, scientists quickly calmed the population saying that in case of a collision of particles in the collider, the holes that may appear would be microscopic, or so large that they can be used as a handy tool for time travel.

This sensational proposal was made by two doctors of physical and mathematical sciences, Professors of Institute of Mathematics named after Steklov, Irina Arefyeva and Igor Volovich.

“Modern principles of theoretical mathematical physics allow the possibility of time travel,” explains Volovich, a member of RAS. “One of the admissible models of working time machine is the so-called wormhole, that is, a space-time tunnel leading to another time or space. And the probability of formation of a wormhole in the LHC is comparable to the probability of occurrence of the black hole itself, which can occur when particles collide with high energy.

As explained by the physics, wormhole is a tunnel connecting different parts of space and time. Entrance to the tunnel may be the size of a star, a planet, a house and even a speck of dust, depending on a purpose of the tunnel use. After all, there is a difference between sending a photon or a group of tourists. You can get to another galaxy, or another universe. And you can also get into in the past. In terms of the physical properties, the entrance to the wormhole is very similar to the entrance to the black hole. The difference is that you can come back.
    Since the LHC is designed, figuratively speaking, to create a part of space on Earth, then it can be used to obtain dark energy. This is also an important detail of creating the miracle machine. Another necessary condition for making the machine work is to distort space and time so it closes up in a ring. And the LHC is quite capable of that.

“This phenomenon in physics is called “closed time-like curve,” explains Professor Arefyeva. “It allows, at least theoretically, returning to the past.”

“Is it possible to have a paradox described by Bradbury, when a traveler caught in the past accidentally steps on a butterfly, which results in coming to power of a different president in his time? “

“We expected such issues,” says professor Volovich. “We came to this conclusion: time travel may change the course of history, but not very significantly.”

To make time machine the reality, the scientists stress the need for the LHC to reach at least the design capacity (now it is working at half capacity) and stop breaking down.

“So far, our biggest home is that the LHC will demonstrate the existence of wormhole. If some of the collision energy in the collider disappears, this can be explained by the creation of particles that pierce time through wormholes.”

Research and Development Center of the European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN), promised that the LHC will start working as expected in September. Then it becomes clear whether Russian physicists were right in their solution of the most intriguing problem of mankind.
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

Airline Passenger takes picture of an UFO

You need to see the picture.

Tuesday, 03 August 2010

A Ryan Air passenger traveling from Portugal to Great Britain saw something strange outside his window and proceeded to take a picture of the object.

At first, the passenger suspected his window had a smudge on it, however soon he realized the window was clean, while the object had slightly moved.

On the picture, a 3D object is easily noticeable. One question remains, would this type of flying saucer charge less than Ryian Air for the same flight?

Comment

• Toska
      • Sep 2008

if time travel was possible we would have already known about it, due to the fact somebody from the future would have gone to the past.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

The last thing we want man to do is to meddle with time as man has virtually stuffed up a lot of things.It's all scarry if man can prevent history from happening or prevent their birth??
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Toska View Post
          if time travel was possible we would have already known about it, due to the fact somebody from the future would have gone to the past.
          Not so, apparently you can only move forward in time, not back.
          They call it the 'grandfather paradox' but that the coughs up another set of theories both scientific and fictional...but forward time travel is already a proven fact which has been measured in millionths of a second and even smaller increments of time, generally a condition exhibited by GPS satellites and their constant need for syncronisation with their data on the Earths surface...it is the result of high speeds in space compared to Earth and the influence of mass (Earth) on the dimension of time...

Comment

• Daniel the Great
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Toska View Post

Maybe so but maybe it has a rule in the future that you are not allowed to tell anyone about time travel.
            It would be amazing for this to become a reality.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

I heard its harder to go back in time but they think it's possible.But one question.If there are timetravellers how come we can't see them assuming they can travel in time.
              All these are theories can anyone imagine going into a black hole to travel in time.Why their very atoms will be squeezed out of existence.Also imagine if your body was accellerated at the speed of light you would not last for a asecond and your body woulbe smashed to smithereens..Also wormholes are so unstable that if one enters one it might just collapse on them also you don't know where you'll end up in the universe.Also you have no way of coming back.But a big But anything is possible in science we've got to see it to beleive it.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

On the matter of ufos apparently just in the news the british under churchill had heaps of prhotos & evidence of ufos hidden under wraps until the embargoed time.Aparrently
                they didn't want the public to know because they might panic.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                  I heard its harder to go back in time but they think it's possible.But one question.If there are timetravellers how come we can't see them assuming they can travel in time.
                  Forward time travel is a reality...it has already been proven but is currently only measured in tiny fractions of a second.

All these are theories can anyone imagine going into a black hole to travel in time.Why their very atoms will be squeezed out of existence..
                  Stephen Hawking has proposed several methods of time travel, one of which is using the mass of a black hole, the theory is that a space craft gets into an orbit around a black hole, far enough that it doesn't get sucked into it, the theory is that objects of incredible mass, such as black holes have an effect on the dimension of time. Hawking argues that an object in close proximity to a massive body (i.e. heavy solar body) will age significantly slower than objects much further away...

Also imagine if your body was accellerated at the speed of light you would not last for a asecond and your body woulbe smashed to smithereens..Also wormholes are so unstable that if one enters one it might just collapse on them also you don't know where you'll end up in the universe.Also you have no way of coming back.But a big But anything is possible in science we've got to see it to beleive it.
                  It is impossible for an object to reach the speed of light, the laws of physics prohibit this, the speed of light is considered the cosmic 'speed limit' and although it is theoretically possible to reach some 99.9%(?) of the speed it is impossible to reach the full speed...

I don't know how the occupants of a spacecraft will be effected by near light speed travel, I imagine your concerns are similar to those skeptical of early train and automobile travel when people feared for their ability to survive speeds exceeding 30 kph...

Comment

• makedonin
                    • Sep 2008

Phoenix, I agree on the time travel. Backwards time travel ain't possible cause of the parent paradox. At least that is the theory.

Future Knowledge would prove or disprove the theory.
                    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

I reckon now that they've got super computers they can virtually do anything & its only a matter of time until they've discovered for certainty for example they discovered dark matter in the universe.Also there may be faradvanced civilizations out there & we may make the a quantum leap using new technology,creating wormholes etcetc.I reckon anything is possible.
                      What do people think the government is hiding stuff on extraterrestials it's pretty slack & they should make the information public.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

I reckon now that they've got super computers they can virtually do anything & its only a matter of time until they've discovered for certainty for example they discovered dark matter in the universe.Also there may be faradvanced civilizations out there & we may make the a quantum leap using new technology,creating wormholes etcetc.I reckon anything is possible.
                        What do people think the government is hiding stuff on extraterrestials it's pretty slack & they should make the information public.
                        Is there any genuine proof that we've been visited by beings from another planet, I doubt it...although I believe that other life forms exist in the universe I'm not convinced any of them have contacted Earth...its also interesting that the vast majority of UFO sightings have occurred since WWII and the spread of pop culture in the form of movies and television shows promoting science fiction themes...

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

well i did highlight that the british had actual clear photographs of ufo's in the 1940's they keep them locked up due to undesirable panic by the public.Also scientists beleive that bacteria coming from bits of comets from mars bringing life to earth.
                          THe fact that there may be advanced civilizations out there,more than likely that we are not alone & that there are probably millions of earth type planets out there.Man has been transmitting radio sgnals say for 100 years so we could only get signal transmissions of only 100 million light years.
                          So considering the vastness of space the furtherest object would be approximately 13 to 16 billion light years.Does one comprehend the stupendous distances of space & time.How far does the universe stretch???So we haven't really scratched the surface of searching for advanced civilizations, will we find some who knows??
                          Note in america they got area 51 which supposedly has got probably ufo's aliens etc who knows exactly what they got it's all secret.They reckoned they staged the whole lunar landing in a hanger somewhere in area 51.But again who knows.But i prefer that it was a real landing landing.For example they had aflag waving in the breeze when there was no air on the moon.Alot of people have been sceptical that they were ready in terms of life support for the 3days going to the moon & back.?
                          Last edited by George S.; 08-07-2010, 08:59 AM. Reason: ed
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

well i did highlight that the british had actual clear photographs of ufo's in the 1940's they keep them locked up due to undesirable panic by the public.?
                            How can you suggest that the British have "clear photographs of ufo's" when nobody has seen them, or had them independently analyzed...then there's the very confusion surrounding the term U.F.O.
                            A UFO doesn't mean it has to come from deep space, in the 40's a UFO was in the majority of cases experimental military aircraft being developed by the likes of Britain, Germany, Russia and the USA.
                            Nazi Germany was a technological innovator during the latter parts of WWII, it had experimented and built flying prototypes of jet propolsion aircraft in an era of mainly propeller driven flying machines, the Germans even developed the first flying wing aircraft, to the general public and untrained eye these machines were indeed UFO's and possibly from another 'planet' altogether.

Often the governments weren't protecting their citizens from aliens from another planet but from the advanced military technology of their enemy in the war...

Also scientists beleive that bacteria coming from bits of comets from mars bringing life to earth.
                            The building blocks of life are found in the debris of exploding stars (suns), the massive explosions associated with dying stars fuse together certain atoms creating the necessary elements to form life in the right conditions...even our precious elements like gold that we find on Earth are actually the result of the massive explosions of stars...all living things on Earth including the human species are the result of exploding star debris...

THe fact that there may be advanced civilizations out there,more than likely that we are not alone & that there are probably millions of earth type planets out there.
                            Well, its not a fact as we have no proof, we can only assume that in the vastness of the universe there might be other life...but what constitutes life, intelligent beings or mere microbes.
                            The universe is an extremely dangerous place for 'life'...Earth exhibits the perfect conditions for life, the rise of human kind can be attributed to extreme good luck.
                            Earth finds itself at the perfect distance from a stable and relatively young star that provides a comfortable climate, an abundance of water is vital, the correct levels of oxygen and the Earths magnetic field, ozone layer and other natural features largely protect Earth and its varied life forms from cosmic radiation and other hazards.

The fact that Earth finds itself in a relatively clean orbit around the sun away from major cosmic debris in the form of comets, meteorites etc is a blessing that in a different age of the Earth meant the extinction of the dinosaurs...also Earths position in the solar system protects it from asteroid impact because the larger planets in the outer solar system with their strong gravitational pull attract many asteroids that could impact Earth...so the fact that life exists on Earth should not be viewed as being the norm in the universe, the set of circumstances that have lead to life on Earth are trully unique and may not come together in great frequency anywhere else in the universe, regardless of its size...

Does one comprehend the stupendous distances of space & time.How far does the universe stretch???So we haven't really scratched the surface of searching for advanced civilizations, will we find some who knows??

That could be the main reason why we will never know if other life forms exist, the cosmic distances involved are so extreme that perhaps we're in one corner and our neighbours are so far away that the two shall never meet because of the constrictive laws of physics

Note in america they got area 51 which supposedly has got probably ufo's aliens etc who knows exactly what they got it's all secret.They reckoned they staged the whole lunar landing in a hanger somewhere in area 51.But again who knows.But i prefer that it was a real landing landing.For example they had aflag waving in the breeze when there was no air on the moon.Alot of people have been sceptical that they were ready in terms of life support for the 3days going to the moon & back.?
                            Area 51 is steeped more in science fiction than science fact, everyone loves a good conspiracy theory but that entire region where Area 51 finds itself has been the cornerstone of America's military and space program, everything from the A-bomb to the newest generation of missiles and aircraft are housed and tested in those inhospitable desert regions of Calfornia/Nevada/New Mexico...because it provides security and secrecy...

The other thing I have always wondered about is why have only the Americans got hold of aliens and their flying saucers...???

Comment

• sf.
                              • Jan 2010

A fine post indeed.
                              Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

Working...
                              X