Strategy for Macedonians in GR. Boycott Voting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daniel the Great
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Onur View Post
    150.000 people is not enough to form a political party and get enough votes to win seats at parliament. So, i am sure they would like to form a political party with other minorities like the Turks did in Bulgaria.

Actually, they survive in there because of the support from Turkey, whenever possible. If all the minorities unites under one political party, then the Macedonians automatically gets the indirect support of Turkey as well.

Onur, that is a excellent idea.
    If all the ethnic minorities unite in Greece they will receive much more votes in the elections.
    The Macedonians, Turks and other minorities all have the same basic human rights problems that they all want to resolve to live a peaceful life in Greece (without discrimination).
    The party can be called something along the lines of (united minorities of greece party) (UMGP) once again a fantastic idea.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

I am sure Macedonians and Turks have discussed collaboration before, they have been minorities in Greece for almost a century. The question is, why haven't they done anything about it thus far, given the obvious benefits of common action against Greece's racist policies?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonetz
        • Apr 2010

Yes if our macedonians in Egej can create a minority party even with the turkish pop that would be a HUGE win for us in establishing a voice for our nation in Egej. The only question is when will they be allowed to create this party currently with the discrimination on going in greece towards the macedonians living there. Maybe the organisations here at the MTO can help bring this idea to fruit with the ongoing human rights procedings.

The spark has been lit in Agean Macedonia people are starting to wake up hopefully actions are sooner than later as something needs to be done now!
        Makedoncite se borat
        za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
        - Goce Delchev

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

there is a saying that unity is strengh.If the macedonians have that then they can eventually have representations in parliament etc.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            I am sure Macedonians and Turks have discussed collaboration before, they have been minorities in Greece for almost a century. The question is, why haven't they done anything about it thus far, given the obvious benefits of common action against Greece's racist policies?

I was wondering same thing after i wrote my messages here and i did some research on google. I found some articles about this issue on Turkish think-tank organizations.

Articles are very detailed but i am gonna write what happened in Greek elections in time-line;

• There was %3 national election threshold in Greece between 1927 to 1990.

• 08.04.1990; Two ethnic Turkish citizen applies to be an independent candidate for the election. Both of them gets selected because they applied as an independent candidate, so there was no %3 threshold rule for them. As you know, Greeks threw one PM to the jail and other nonsenses follows.

• 24.04.1990; Greek ruling party changes electoral system and they implement new law to include independent candidates for the %3 national election threshold as well. Ofc this has been done to prevent any ethnic Turk to apply and to be selected in the next elections as an independent candidate. Since then, it`s practically impossible to get elected as an independent candidate in Greece because of %3 threshold.

• This time, jailed Turkish MP forms new political party at 1991 and they try to get at least 200.000+ vote to get pass %3 threshold in the elections of 1993. Turkish government gives full support to them and transports about 10.000 Greek citizens from Turkey to the Greece border for free to let them vote at the Greek border control. Turkish government even arranges extra flights with Turkish airlines for the Greek citizen Turks lives in Germany and France. But unfortunately, ethnic Turkish party fails to get pass %3 threshold with only minor difference.

• Right after the 1993 elections, ethnic Turkish party asks Macedonian party Rainbow to form an alliance for the next elections. They agrees on everything to enter the next elections as an union of minorities. Greek ruling party, perceives this as a major threat and they change election system again. This time, they bring %3 threshold for not only in whole Greece but for every region and municipalities as well. They also creates new bigger municipalities both in Macedonia and western Thrace by changing the borders of old small municipalities. For example, they create one big municipality by merging 2 or even 3 former municipality. The ruling party in Greece also relocates few factories at southern Greece and settle them right between Macedonia and Thrace to create some kind of buffer zone between Macedonians and Turks. They don't get Macedonian or Turkish workers for the factories either but they bring 1000s of Greeks from southern side to the north to increase the population of ethnic Greeks in there.

• Because of these changes in the territories and populations of new municipalities, the chance for the new alliance gets slim. In the mean time, jailed ethnic Turk MP, the leader of ethnic turkish party dies in a suspicious car accident at 1995 while they were doing negotiations for the alliance

Looks like they tried to form an union once but Greeks continuously creates new hurdles for them whenever they want.

Welcome to Greece, where the children of Homer lives in a place where democracy invented!!!
            Last edited by Onur; 08-04-2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

In Bulgaria OMO Ilinden Pirin cant form a political party because the Bulgarian Government brought in a new law stating that they must have at least 3% support from all the country. This is crap since OMO Ilinden Pirin is only active in Pirinska Makedonija its not like they are in Burgas,Varna and the rest of the cities.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                • Apr 2010

Onur great find Spolaj ti bud on that information!

This clearly shows we will never have the opportunity to run anything in supressed Agean Macedonia by these facist greeks. Onur Just inmagine if we developed a coalition party between turks and macedonians wow the greeks would be getting their Fustenellas in a bunch!
                Makedoncite se borat
                za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Onur
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                  Onur great find Spolaj ti bud on that information!

This clearly shows we will never have the opportunity to run anything in supressed Agean Macedonia by these facist greeks.

Thanks Makedonetz but there is no need to be pessimistic. I was pretty sure that nothing would be change in Greece as long as the western europeans feeds them with their Euros but this is not the case anymore. German taxpayers are fed up with them and their ancient hellene nonsense anymore. So, this economical crisis can be a great opportunity for all the minorities in Greece to be involved in Greek politics from now on.

Comment

• vodenka
                    • Mar 2009

Onur, I am optimistic that things can change for the better for all the minorities in Greece, but nothing will be given to us "for free": we have to work hard, we need a very good organization and a strong leadership, to achieve our goals. And we have to start from somewhere. A minorities' political party could be it and I think the Turks in Thrace could make a start where also Macedonians could adhere.
                    Last edited by vodenka; 08-05-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                      • Apr 2010

Onur you are right the tides have changed and hopefully their economical downfall will open the doors for change in Egej for the better for our nation. Hopefully the EU sees the crisis in Greece and finally throws the hammer down on their assistance, but the EU plays a blind eye when it comes to greece actions and theit financial situation but i guess with the downslide of the Euro sooner will come than later
                      Makedoncite se borat
                      za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

Working...
                      X