The statues above are both on the main square

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
      • Nov 2009

YouTube - Новото лице на Скопје / The changing face of Skopje - Euronews

Comment

• Louis Riel
        • Aug 2010

Its good to see that everything is anatomically correct..........

Comment

• Louis Riel
          • Aug 2010

I hope this is part of the fountain....they can place some type of flag at the base and have the horse urinating on it....id say thats worth whatever money they spent.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Louis Riel View Post
            I hope this is part of the fountain....they can place some type of flag at the base and have the horse urinating on it....id say thats worth whatever money they spent.
            See, this is not a good shot because the "johnson" changes colors according to the barometric pressure ie. beat red

http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Louis Riel
              • Aug 2010

I think its an excellent shotCould this be the worlds biggest penis?I mean...it has to be the size of a man at least.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                • Aug 2010

I think its an excellent shotCould this be the worlds biggest penis?I mean...it has to be the size of a man at least.
                Well, if that indeed is the case then A1 will do a documentary while they wait outside for the election results.

Comment

• Louis Riel
                  • Aug 2010

A1 can do a documentary on media bias.....id really like to see that.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                    • Aug 2010

A1 can do a documentary on media bias.....id really like to see that.
                    I hope they stay outside until Crvenkovski is forced to flee Macedonia via the Bitola border. God, help him when he gets to Lerin and says Tito!

Comment

• Droog
                      • Mar 2011

Adding too many statues is the same thing as having no statues: kitsch. Maybe in the 18th century adding as many statues as possible was the norm, but it's the 21st century and we've evolved and I think that all the citizens of Skopje would prefer "improvements" that actually improve the quality of their lifes.
                      Last edited by Droog; 05-21-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Skopje should have a balance not simply full of statues etc.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Droog
                          • Mar 2011

For example: How many clinics does the city have? Do all roads have (safety) signs? Instead of wasting all that money on "just" statues wouldn't the citizens of Skopje prefer it if they were spent on rebuilding schools?

Also: Regimes that spend too much money on "wow-effect" structures are usually very corrupted. Even in the Roman Empire the whole gladiators-colosseum-huge statues scheme was intensified during the last period of Roman rule.

Comment

• Zarni
                            Banned
                            • May 2011

Skopje 2014 is getting some media press the Wall Street Journal has done a piece see http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...049775138.html

I also have noted a hint of jealousy from our Neighbours too.

To the critics stop will you, sure infrastructure is the next chapter but the City has to start by beatifying itself and who says transforming a bus depot into a niece place to sit down and chat isn’t worthwhile to see.
                            Last edited by Zarni; 05-21-2011, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• Zarni
                              Banned
                              • May 2011

A Platter of Pictures

Comment

• vojnik
                                • Apr 2011

Skopje isn't just statues and they aren't a waste the city hasn't had a make over in a while now and deserves to have some money spent on it. Skopje was known throughout Yugoslava as the most beautiful city and sadly since the breakup of Yugoslavia it became run down. What we see now is the captal city of Macedonia being reborn making it become more attractive generating more tourism. I was there last year and believe me it doesn't look like a cluster of statues as many believe it is quite remarkable actually walkng through the city admiring the very figures that helped free Macedona etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X