Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pavle Pijanica
    • Jan 2012

"Daj mu mas na gjuptinot i guzot ke si go izmachka!!!!" Absolutely loved that one...

"Se videla mechkata pichkata i pochna da rika"

I dunno about you guys but Dedo mi Bog da go Prosti used to rip out some cracker words....they used to say Turski Luf ama I didn't know what they meant...

"Pezavenk eden" i "Surtuk eden"....anyone know what they mean?

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Pavle

"Daj mu mas na gjuptinot i guzot ke si go izmachka!!!!" Absolutely loved that one...
      Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! one of the best yet!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• ProMKD
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Pavle Pijanica View Post

"Se videla mechkata pichkata i pochna da rika"

I dunno about you guys but Dedo mi Bog da go Prosti used to rip out some cracker words....they used to say Turski Luf ama I didn't know what they meant...

"Pezavenk eden" i "Surtuk eden"....anyone know what they mean?
        Surtuk is used to this day. I'm not sure what the exact meaning is, but we'll say "Абе Суртук еден!" in the context of "oh you idiot!"
        www.everythingmacedonia.com
        Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• Coolski
          • Sep 2008

lol that gjuptin one was classic.. never heard that before.
          - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
          - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Dejan
            • Sep 2008

I've heard this one a few times:

"Бел си како цајкан"

Translation: You're as white as a policeman. I had to have this explained to me at first. At the time it was used to make fun of someone lacking a sun tan. Then i asked, why a policeman? Answer: they're always in their police uniforms and only have their arms tanned. It's a silly one that makes more sense in Macedonian. Made me laugh.

цајкан = полицаец in Bitola slang.
            You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

when wanting to wear a short skirt in my teens my mother used to say to me.......ako beshe pitchkata da se puli gospod na chelo ke si ja nosevme...

....ochite si gi barashe tamu.....when borrowed family car for my first girls night out and battery died feeling like hot shit in the purple valiant drag racing boys other side town down the highway

lele, si ja vide mechkata pitchkata i izbega.....when I expressed shock at something

lele amen be chupa ke me umrish od maka, turchinka di edna....if I so much as looked at mum the wrong way, I was branded a Turk and the death of her

Gezot mi prdi...my bum farts.....for "no big deal" and also love this one for the same thing..pitchkata mi dremi my fanny dreams

aram da ti e.....cursing dad, have no idea what it means though

zhimi gospod.......zhimi ochite.....zhimi anything when placing emphasis on anything being as totally factual, and most being idle gossip heard

lele, svinja di edna, ushte prviot den mazhoti ke te ostaj......my first cooked roast at aged 10 was burnt to a cinder whilst the parents were at glasshouses, and told my future husband would only keep me for one day as a result, being such a swine

se kurtulev, aman spolaj me na gospod se kurtulev......was saved, saved from something great...

So many weird sayings, but hilarious, cannot be translated, and the sarcasm in most of them was enough to make me feel so inferior when growing up
              I found myself , horror, using similar sayings with the boys growing up....ochite si gi barashe tamu? was very often used
              Last edited by julie; 05-09-2012, 12:29 PM.
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
                when wanting to wear a short skirt in my teens my mother used to say to me.......ako beshe pitchkata da se puli gospod na chelo ke si ja nosevme...

....ochite si gi barashe tamu.....when borrowed family car for my first girls night out and battery died feeling like hot shit in the purple valiant drag racing boys other side town down the highway

lele, si ja vide mechkata pitchkata i izbega.....when I expressed shock at something

lele amen be chupa ke me umrish od maka, turchinka di edna....if I so much as looked at mum the wrong way, I was branded a Turk and the death of her

Gezot mi prdi...my bum farts.....for "no big deal" and also love this one for the same thing..pitchkata mi dremi my fanny dreams

zhimi gospod.......zhimi ochite.....zhimi anything when placing emphasis on anything being as totally factual, and most being idle gossip heard

lele, svinja di edna, ushte prviot den mazhoti ke te ostaj......my first cooked roast at aged 10 was burnt to a cinder whilst the parents were at glasshouses, and told my future husband would only keep me for one day as a result, being such a swine

se kurtulev, aman spolaj me na gospod se kurtulev......was saved, saved from something great...

So many weird sayings, but hilarious, cannot be translated, and the sarcasm in most of them was enough to make me feel so inferior when growing up
                I found myself , horror, using similar sayings with the boys growing up....ochite si gi barashe tamu? was very often used
                Julie,you made me laugh..
                ama ziva istina e...zhimi tebe

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Julie
                  Another one which describes your post:-
                  "se skina ot smeah"
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Coolski
                    • Sep 2008

my dedo says "cheshit" when something is funny. I've never understood what it literally means. Does anybody else know?

@Julie... those sayings were gold.. i cracked up laughing!!
                    - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                    - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

The saying of aman.enough already ,stop it!.
                      Fala na boga.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Coolski
                        • Sep 2008

i never understood the saying "alal ti vera" does anyone know what it means? I suspect it's related to the arabic "halal" which means good/allowed (rather than haram which means bad/forbidden , eg. aramija)

Vera could be faith or the female name. My guess is... "you're good faith". It's usually said in a similar context to "thank god"

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

Koga ke najde gjuptinot mas, i na gazo ke si klae
                          (When the gypsy gets hold of some butter, he'll even put some on his ass)

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                            • Aug 2011

Julie,the word 'aram' is of Turkish descent,it means 'sram'-'embarrassment','shame'.So 'aram da ti e' means 'shame on you'.

Also the one that you and several others used about the bear -there's a similar one that goes 'meckata si go videla gazot i rekla: lele kolkava dupka sum imala odzadi a ne me boli'.It's often used to describe something that was always there but you failed to notice because you didn't feel it was very significant,or it can even be compared with 'you don't know what you got till it's gone'.
                            Last edited by DraganOfStip; 05-11-2012, 04:23 PM.
                            ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                            ― George Orwell

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                              • Jan 2009

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

Working...
                              X