• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Onur
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
    Man if i couldn't eat my Yougurta id be nothing! ;D

Hehe, then you are like me but don't worry mate, the bacterial fermentation process totally dissolves lactose in the raw milk. So, you can eat yogurt, cheese, kefir without any problem even if you are intolerant to lactose Plus, yogurt is much more beneficial to our health than raw milk.

Btw, i read some stuff about this on Turkish newspaper before. It was written like about %70 of people in Turkey is intolerant to lactose. It was noted like %90+ of western Europeans and Scandinavians can tolerate it but most of southern Europeans and Asians are intolerant. The reason was because in Asia and Mesopotamia, there was high variety of food for everyone unlike western and northern Europe, so people didn't feel necessity to drink cow milk, therefore they couldn't build up tolerance to it.

Maybe thats why we invented yogurt because we cant drink raw milk, hehe

P. S: I am intolerant to lactose as well. Even if i drink just a sip of raw milk, then my stomach starts playing concerto immediately
    Last edited by Onur; 07-31-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• blackcactus
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
      It was written like about %80 of people in Turkey is intolerant to lactose. It was noted like %90+ of western Europeans and Scandinavians can tolerate it but most of southern Europeans and Asians are intolerant. The reason was because in Asia and Mesopotamia, there was high variety of food for everyone unlike western and northern Europe, so people didn't feel necessity to drink cow milk, therefore they couldn't build up tolerance to it.
      That's it in a nut shell
      The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

Gor@n,

Your comment is silly. All humans have 'ancient' ancestors, regardless of which ancient civilization and/or mixture of civilizations. Nobody just fell from the sky.

What something like the Lactose Intolerance levels in populations shows us, alongside our historical understanding of the domestication of animals and the advent of animal husbandry, is some insight into the movement of populations over time, given that the genetic mutations required to alter the lactose intolerance levels through an entire populace requires very extended periods of time.

It is an undeniable piece of evidence on the movements of the human race. Whether you choose to accept it, is irrelevant and whatever conclusion you draw from it, is your own.

Though, how this relates to the ancestral heritage of the people on the Balkan peninsula, is something worthy of discussion.
        Last edited by Rogi; 07-31-2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gor@n View Post
          Mates, Don't you think that's a bit profound to say we are ancient cause we are Lactose Intolerance?

Mate, You have to dig up some real info you little girl.
          Fortunately you have been sent packing already, no doubt for some absurd idiocy just like the joker before you. This is an interesting topic in which the facts are being viewed objectively, it has absolutely no place for morons of your lowly rank.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
          X