Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

shoot first and ask questions later is not a good motto in a war, oops sorry, I am NOT letting yo go into front line battle with me , actually, yes I would because you would be a great marksman Bill
    Bill77 to make you feel better, and I dare say you have been forgiven for the mistaken identity.
    I also suffer from foot and mouth disease - I tend to fly off the handle without thought, and its been the hardest thing for me to to is to stop and think before I speak, often with some volatile consequences
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
      shoot first and ask questions later is not a good motto in a war, oops sorry, I am NOT letting yo go into front line battle with me , actually, yes I would because you would be a great marksman Bill
      Bill77 to make you feel better, and I dare say you have been forgiven for the mistaken identity.
      I also suffer from foot and mouth disease - I tend to fly off the handle without thought, and its been the hardest thing for me to to is to stop and think before I speak, often with some volatile consequences
      You and me sis will be in the front line together it will be an honour standing next to you.

Just never get in front of me under no circumstances when i start pulling the trigger.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

LMAO, you and me both, I reckon we would be able to win any battle with us 2 up there, we can have our mate Prolet behind us asking questions
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Mastika
          • Feb 2010

Not to worry, all is forgiven.

Comment

• Spartan
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
            spartan supports the mighty gunnars so lay of my fellow soccer hooligan mate....
            Osiris thank you mate, and Julie too (i understood the first time around, forgive osiris, i have a feeling he may be getting old ....just kidding O ).

Anyways, the reason you guys think Im ok, is that i dont believe your history is at odds with my history, and I dont see why both national narratives can not co-exist.

Of course what i consider 'my' greek history, does not include alot of what makes up the standard accepted Greek history .

The older members know generallywhat my views are.

@Osiris

I almost had 3 heart attacks watching that game yesterday, and what a great game it was.
            Last edited by Spartan; 04-01-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

yeah did you read thierrys remarks about how attached he is to arsenal.

Comment

• Spartan
                • Sep 2008

No!
                Post it up in the football thread, would like to read it for sure.

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

i ll have to find where i read it first it may have been one of our local papers. one on my best friends a aussie born from kos pointed it out to me, but he is surfing today so i cant contact him.
                  Last edited by osiris; 04-01-2010, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Spartan
                    • Sep 2008

I have family in Cos.... youve been?

Comment

• osiris
                      • Sep 2008

yes i have its a beautiful island

Comment

• Spartan
                        • Sep 2008

it is, very nice

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

BC,

Apologies for the very late entry into the discussion. The information you have produced in this thread is very interesting to say the least.
                          Originally posted by blackcactus
                          Complete Lactose Intolerance is the default for ancient humans, therefore groups like the Russians with low levels of LI are derivative of older groups that have higher LI

Macedonians having high levels of LI indicate that Macedonians as a people are one of the older genetic *(for LI) populations from which other groups may have derived

Below is a Lactose Intolerance World Distribution Map

It would appear, according to the distribution map, that the Macedonian and Balkan populations form one the oldest groups in Europe, genetically speaking. With the introduction of milk drinking, the genes of people in Europe began to change, mutate and evolve for the purpose of becoming more LT, this change is far less evident in the Macedonians and other Balkan peoples, despite the fact that there is a study that found milk drinking to have began in the region between central Europe and the central Balkans.

The genetic change that enabled early Europeans to drink milk without getting sick has been mapped to dairying farmers who lived around 7,500 years ago in a region between the central Balkans and central Europe.
                          In addition to the older or less mutated genes in the Balkans which are demonstrated by the higher levels of LI, it would appear that the Balkans is also the place where tolerance for lactose first spread to the rest of Europe.
                          The spread of fresh milk drinking from the Balkans across Europe also explains why most European lactase-persistent people carry the same version of the gene; it surfed on a wave of population expansion that followed the rapid co-evolution of milk tolerance and dairy farming.
                          This suggests that there was an outward (north, west, east) expansion of peoples from the Balkans, shortly after milk drinking began 7,500 years ago. It would be of great use if we could support this data with other genetic research and DNA evidence, to strengthen the argument.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• blackcactus
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post

In addition to the older or less mutated genes in the Balkans which are demonstrated by the higher levels of LI, it would appear that the Balkans is also the place where tolerance for lactose first spread to the rest of Europe.

This suggests that there was an outward (north, west, east) expansion of peoples from the Balkans, shortly after milk drinking began 7,500 years ago. It would be of great use if we could support this data with other genetic research and DNA evidence, to strengthen the argument.
                            It was about 10,000 years ago that the last ice age ended, at that time most of Europe's population could only be found in the Balkans and the Iberian peninsula, over the next few thousand years, populations in the Balkans spread out wards into the rest of Europe as the glaciers retreated, one of the first and easiest forms of agriculture to develop was animal husbandry (which includes milk drinking), as crop planting was problematic in the still cold conditions straight after the ice age

It was about 6,000 to 5,000 years ago that Europe was at it's warmest, allowing settlement through out Europe to be complete

So it is completely logical that the genes for lactose tolerance had it's start in the Balkans, but was only really put to use and taken up in populations that had to utilize milk as a main source of food, such as in those early settlers who traveled into what was still a cold Europe where crops would not easily grow, but where live stock could flourish

All this points to the idea that the people of the Balkans (Including Macedonians) are the "wild" stock from which some European genetics are derived

As for other supporting studies, I'm sure there will be other examples, it's just a matter of time

*Note: All humans have ancestors for equal lengths of time, no one is more "ancient", differences in a populations LI helps indicate the direction in which those populations in general moved over time
                            Last edited by blackcactus; 07-31-2010, 07:20 PM.
                            The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Makedonetz
                              • Apr 2010

Man if i couldn't eat my Yougurta id be nothing! ;D
                              Makedoncite se borat
                              za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                              - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Gor@n
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2010

Mates, Don't you think that's a bit profound to say we are ancient cause we are Lactose Intolerance?

Mate, You have to dig up some real info you little girl.
                                Originally posted by Risto the Great
                                Gor@n, comments like your second sentence above suggests you will not be here very long.

Comment

Working...
                                X