X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giorikas
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Metodija View Post
    And where did you find this so called "proof"? (An answer in line with "all history professors know this for a fact" is not a valid proof. Saying it many times does not make it true, show me a objective reference instead)
    I said: 'No proof'. I didn't say 'all professors know this for a fact'. Sounds better then lines like: 'I am confident that in the future it will be proven that ....', wouldn't you say ?

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Giorikas View Post
      So instead of the theories and possibilities à la Risto, I prefer to discuss things that we know, and of which we have proof. I note that by doing so I run the risk of being accused to be nationalistic, but that's just a cross I have to bear I suppose.
      You know what Giorikas.
      It is nice to challenge some "things we know" sometimes. Because we really don't know much at all about anything if we are honest with ourselves. But, rather than getting philosophical about it, isn't it nice to challenge assumptions sometimes?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Giorikas
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        You know what Giorikas.
        It is nice to challenge some "things we know" sometimes. Because we really don't know much at all about anything if we are honest with ourselves. But, rather than getting philosophical about it, isn't it nice to challenge assumptions sometimes?
        Generally, yes. It's nice. In your case, and specifically when it concerns anything Greek, I find it out of proportion. And I consider it unhealthy to carry so much hatred with you as you are doing. I certainly don't feel the same hatred for Macedonians.
        I see assumptions after assumptions, the one more outragious then the other, but then again, sometimes with a bit of truth in it, presumably to make your theories appear more credible. In addition to this obsession you seem to avoid answering questions about Macedonia and Macedonians.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

The modern Greeks can rely on Christianity and a written language to prove absolutely anything. Most are really weak arguments that can be de-constructed easily. The new thread called "maggotsontheweb" showed me the utter disgust many Greeks have for someone who apparently has a Greek name like Odyseij. Implying that someone who has a "Greek" name should not be allowed to have it unless he is Greek. I shudder to think how they feel about alll of those Christian names like Andrew, Paul, Peter etc. that have permeated the Balkans.

Contrary to your opinion, I don't hate too many people. I do not even hate people who deny my identity, how could I hate a blind person? No, I merely have to help them see if I genuinely care. I have had about 20 interactions with Greeks this week in real life and all of them have been friendly. Could you possibly imagine how the members identified on the "maggotsontheweb" thread could look in the face of a Macedonian?

Post #131 tells you about what I will answer for you. I have tried to answer whatever you have presented. You make a big deal out of something that I really am not sure what you are talking about. I do note you flatly refuse to talk of a 1500 year slavic history of Macedonians in Macedonia. To your detriment.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
          X