X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Alexander Downer View Post
    Risto, as you all know with the exchange of populations in 1922, there was a large population that were exchanged and Lesbos no doubt was one. The Turks were a small minority. Only one grandparent came from Asia Minor. I am quiet pround of my Island. Mum tells me that he came to Lesbos and went back to his birth place a couple times. His home was really in Asia Minor and being caught up in the dabacle of 1922, he had to leave whist his sisters and parents were slaughtered.

Anyway, the point I was initially trying to make is that both communitiues involved with Macedonia need to accept each other. In Greek we pronounce Macedonia (Ma-Ke-do-nia), ROM prounce as ........? Why cant we refer to each other in our own languages?
    Why? Becaue your blind and ignorant.

Here is why.

The Hellenizing of Macedonia is still happening, and until that is brought into the light, acknowledged, and redressed - I'm afraid Greece will continue being the racist, chauvanistic people, they generally are - and Macedonians in Greece will continue to have their history, heritge and culture, robbed from them in broad daylight - while Europe watches benignly like the soft-cock bureacrats and racists that they are.

In Greece, minorities are not accepted, not recognized. There are no language services, no welfare - no education available to minorities in their native language - I mean what kind of fascist, racist state is this place.

In Australia - I can walk into Centrelink, and get a translator of any language I prefer to use. This basic facility is not available in "democratic" Greece. The Greeks are liars - the lie about their economy to the E.U - they lie about who lives there - they lie about everything.

Macedonia was NEVER Greek.

Comment

Working...
    X