Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexander Downer
    • Oct 2008

Risto, as you all know with the exchange of populations in 1922, there was a large population that were exchanged and Lesbos no doubt was one. The Turks were a small minority. Only one grandparent came from Asia Minor. I am quiet pround of my Island. Mum tells me that he came to Lesbos and went back to his birth place a couple times. His home was really in Asia Minor and being caught up in the dabacle of 1922, he had to leave whist his sisters and parents were slaughtered.

Anyway, the point I was initially trying to make is that both communitiues involved with Macedonia need to accept each other. In Greek we pronounce Macedonia (Ma-Ke-do-nia), ROM prounce as ........? Why cant we refer to each other in our own languages?
    Last edited by Alexander Downer; 10-17-2008, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• El Bre
      • Sep 2008

Stop that nonsense. We were always identifying ourselves as Macedonians. Or at least for 4,000 years. The newspaper i am reading in Thessaloniki circulated in 1911 and its name is "MAKEDONIA". Not to mention our folk songs etc.
      So, Mr Vellidis, a private citizen, knew where he lived. Good for him and his sense of geography. Nowhere does the name of this newspaper intimate that he himself was a Macedonian or ever identified as such, let alone that the Greek government ever officially supported such a position.
      Last edited by El Bre; 10-17-2008, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• El Bre
        • Sep 2008

Re File, My encyclopedia is older (1974) and it said the same thing. But hey heres a tip, what you heard from your great grandfather while sitting on his lap as a little boy takes precedence of what is written in books!
        What a conincidence, that's the same encyclopedia I used to open when I was a kid and say to myself "what are these people talking about when they tell me that there is NO SUTSE THEEN as Matsedonia? there it is in black and white, spanning three different countries no less."

You want to impress me? Find me an encyclopedia from the 70's that says Pontians like you are MACEDONIANS. Now that would be a feat!

Here's a tip, don't worry too much about trying to prove who we are or aren't. Try shaking your own family tree and see what what falls out.
        Last edited by El Bre; 10-17-2008, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
          So Mr Vellidis, a private citizen, knew where he lived. Good for him and his sense of geography. Nowhere does the name of this newspaper intimate that he himself was a Macedonian or ever identified as such, let alone that the Greek government ever officially supported such a position.
          That is a very valid point, which you easily can see if you use your logic. Very good observation El Bre.
          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
            • Sep 2008

ou want to impress me? Find me an encyclopedia from the 70's that says Pontians like you are MACEDONIANS. Now that would be a feat!
            Well said El Bre, say matsadonian to a prosfyg back then and watch them light up like a luto piperka

Comment

• Traveller
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
              So, Mr Vellidis, a private citizen, knew where he lived. Good for him and his sense of geography. Nowhere does the name of this newspaper intimate that he himself was a Macedonian or ever identified as such, let alone that the Greek government ever officially supported such a position.
              I understood you were Greek from the first moment...Your avatar strengthened my suspicions and the knowledge of a name that has to be typed in this newspaper for over 20 years (his daughter's, he died decades ago) makes you a greek commie like the ones that i was breaking their sculls in early 80's.Ranger tis DAP filaraki...

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
                • Sep 2008

makes you a greek commie like the ones that i was breaking their sculls in early 80's

How old are you?twelve?
                Seems to me someone has yet to grow up

Comment

• Traveller
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MapleLeaf1 View Post

How old are you?twelve?
                  Seems to me someone has yet to grow up
                  Forty many...But i can smell commies from even a word they type. I am very experienced in politics...And this guide belongs to greek far left...Probably a trotskist.

Comment

• osiris
                    • Sep 2008

hey wanderer have you heard of mickey mouse and donald duck.

Comment

• Royal Hellas
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2008

The communists will always have a chip on their shoulder. It must be difficult being on the losing team.

Comment

• Traveller
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                        hey wanderer have you heard of mickey mouse and donald duck.
                        When i was young i've read over a thousand "Mickey Mouse " magazines!

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
                          I understood you were Greek from the first moment...Your avatar strengthened my suspicions and the knowledge of a name that has to be typed in this newspaper for over 20 years (his daughter's, he died decades ago) makes you a greek commie like the ones that i was breaking their sculls in early 80's.Ranger tis DAP filaraki...

So because if you are beliving in a different ideological system then you are less of a human being???

What makes capitalism better then communism?

Communism is a threat to the great CAPITALIST IN THE WORLD BECAUSE then they have to share their wealth with the poor people, they will loose power, USA hates Hugo Chavez because he is implementing Communist ideals, give to the poor, educate them, fear them.

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Royal Hellas View Post
                            The communists will always have a chip on their shoulder. It must be difficult being on the losing team.
                            Tell that to your Chinese buddies owning Salonica harbour..... you are Royal dumb.

Comment

• Traveller
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                              So because if you are beliving in a different ideological system then you are less of a human being???

What makes capitalism better then communism?

Communism is a threat to the great CAPITALIST IN THE WORLD BECAUSE then they have to share their wealth with the poor people, they will loose power, USA hates Hugo Chavez because he is implementing Communist ideals, give to the poor, educate them, fear them.
                              I didn't say that you are less human when you are a communist. I am saying that a communist voter is an idiot. And every communist party is a threat to freedom and life.

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
                                I didn't say that you are less human when you are a communist. I am saying that a communist voter is an idiot. And every communist party is a threat to freedom and life.
                                a threat to freedom and life, is when you stop thinking for yourself and listen to what others have to say and believe them blindly, that is and will be the GREATEST THREAT TO OUR EXISTENCE ON THIS EARTH not communism, trust me.

If you want to be smart, use your head.

Comment

Working...
                                X