Macedonians and their 'slave' names, time to change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Po-drum
    • Mar 2009

Since this discusion is off-topic I would just directly ask you: Why don't you go there? For one year or couple of years, and try to live there?

Yes, I had to declare myself "Bulgarian" while I was studing in BG, but that is mine own problem and I will solve it.
    I think, I have humiliated myself enough and I don't want to continue with that.
    Macedonia - my shoulders from ruins and skies

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

Po-drum, ofc it`s your personal preference but i always heard that the quality of education is so low in Bulgaria and for example 2-3 years ago, Turkish universities stopped accepting diplomas issued by the Bulgarian schools due to low level of education and fake diplomas issued by the universities in Bulgaria. I heard that people are literally "buying" authentic university diplomas in there by giving few 1000s of euros without even going to the courses.

So, i wondered why you`ve put yourself in a humiliating situation just to get a diploma from Bulgaria.

Comment

• Po-drum
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Onur View Post
        Po-drum, ofc it`s your personal preference but i always heard that the quality of education is so low in Bulgaria and for example 2-3 years ago, Turkish universities stopped accepting diplomas issued by the Bulgarian schools due to low level of education and fake diplomas issued by the universities in Bulgaria. I heard that people are literally "buying" authentic university diplomas in there by giving few 1000s of euros without even going to the courses.

So, i wondered why you`ve put yourself in a humiliating situation just to get a diploma from Bulgaria.
        Well, if you have enough money you can buy your diploma wherever you want. Bulgarian educational system is not very different from that of other balkan states when we speak about the quality and organization of education process.
        I have also heard such things, but I can't say I have seen such an example while I was studyng there (maybe some Cypriot students). So it's little exaggerated. Fake diplomas are issued by private universities. I don't think their number in Bulgarian universities is higher than any other country.

With aim to avoid of being pathetic, I would just say at the end it all comes to economic and financial situation, same as those who take bulgarian passports. I'm just trying to get you closer to the way of thinking of someone who found himself in that situation. Obviously unsuccessfull.

I think the preferred use of "ski" (in those areas where it existed in the past) is absolutely justifiable having on mind it's unique when speaking about surnames forms in neighbouring slavic speaking nations.
        Macedonia - my shoulders from ruins and skies

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Po-drum View Post
          Since this discusion is off-topic I would just directly ask you: Why don't you go there? For one year or couple of years, and try to live there?
          Po-drum, why do you keep trying to bring it back to me? Just because I live in Australia I am not allowed to make the same comment that several people in Macedonia make? What I say isn't just my opinion, it is the opinion of my relatives (and many others), most of who live in Macedonia and would never declare themselves as 'Bulgarians' for the same reason that you did.
          Yes, I had to declare myself "Bulgarian" while I was studing in BG, but that is mine own problem and I will solve it.
          I think, I have humiliated myself enough and I don't want to continue with that.
          Why did you declare yourself a 'Bulgarian'? Isn't that only required if you take out a new passport?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• El Bre
            • Sep 2008

I like RtG's approach. Take the suffixes right off and end the confusion once and for all.

Grujevski should change his name to Nikola Grujo and get the ball rolling.
            Last edited by El Bre; 12-02-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

our biggest mistake has been to sit by idly & do nothing.In the mean time others have written our history for us& have decided for us who we are.We haven't really put our stamp om things we are happy to be called fyrom a nonsensical term.We have been forced to change our flag.In the mean time we have macedonians who openly declare that they are bulgarian.They still live in the past & have slave like mentality.It's time to wake up & declare who you really are.Stop serving two masters.The bulgarians & yourself.Put yourself first thar you are macedonian & not what orhers want you to be.
              Last edited by George S.; 12-02-2011, 06:56 PM. Reason: ed
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
              X