X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
    I just saw a clip on 7 news about this and Hird said a definate no!

You're right Phoenix. The Cats were looking to take bombers scalp in 2006.

Coaches need to be given a chance to build their list and playing style. Essendon still has to pay Knights out of his contract to the tune of $800k as they resigned him last year for 2 years, so really nothing gained for the Bombers.
    I know the time well Mik, it consumed many lunch hours of discussion between myself and two other fellow Cats fans at work, we had Bombers bags packed very early in the piece... ...lol

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
      • Jan 2009

I think the first mistake that Essendon made was hiring Mathew Knights, a coach with a extremely poor record in the SANFL (was sacked there) and the Essendon bombers reserve team. Apparently he “destroyed” the Port Adelaide SANFL team…… The bombers should have focused on real coaches like Mark Thompson or Damian Hardwick.
      The second mistake was extending his contract last year after a mediocre season where the bombers limped into the finals with very little wins.

Mathew Knights has no excuse for the poor 3 seasons at Essendon (6 if you include his time at the Bendigo bombers), he has made players go backwards, rookies not develop and alienated old players like Llyod and Lucas. He has instated a stupid game plan were it is all attack and run, but no defence, hence why Essendon has the most goals kicked against it.

The ironic thing here is that Essendon appointed him over Hardwick because Knights foolishly over-rated the list and said the bombers would be finalist contenders in 2-3 years, basically told the Essendon board what they wanted to hear. Hardwick was correct and brutally honest in saying it would take 5 years for a full rebuild to get Essendon competitive.

If you ask me the idiots who run Essendon should be sacked as well.

On the next Essendon coach, I don’t really know who would be a good coach, but if it is James Hird then I think the smartest thing the bombers could do is appoint James Hird as the head coach, but also appoint both Mark Williams and Dean Laidly as “assistant” – however they will do the majority of the coaching behind the scenes and groom James Hird over the years. Hird will be the “face” of the bombers. Im not to sure if James Hird is capable to do it all when it comes to coaching, just like at Michael Voss.

Comment

• Mikail
        • Sep 2008

Well another Footy Tipping Season is over, and in saying that, Congratulations must go out to............

OSIRIS

For being the winner of the MTO Footy Tipping Competition.

From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

At least i wont get the wooden spoon lol

Did anybody watch the Ben Cousins Such is Life documentary?
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Rogi
            • Sep 2008

Congratulations to Osiris on winning the MTO Footy Tipping Competition!

Comment

• Mikail
              • Sep 2008

Yes, It was very interesting indeed and I take my hat off to Ben Cousins for giving us such an insight to the life and times of a drug addict.

He did, in my opinion, a very brave and honourable thing doing the documentary as he did. It was both controversial and confronting.

Well done for confronting the majority of peoples safety zones.
              From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Totally agree with you Mikail, his family suffered even more. Lets hope he stays clean and stays on track.

I think Cousins was one of the best midfielders around, once he and Judd left the eagles they wernt much of a team after that.

Congratulations to Osiris for taking the tipsters flag
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Well done Osiris.
                  Clearly you have not been posting as much lately because you have been studying the guides to determine your picks. I, on the other hand, was always about the margin and clearly demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that I ruled the margins. Call me Mr Marginal.

I hate anyone that makes excuses (Bill) but I will say that the economic tragedy that has befallen Greece has weighed upon my mind terribly this year. I find that I cannot sleep at night thinking about the price of feta and frappe in Greece. It really did impact upon my life and now I can give it the attention it deserves by raising funds to stop that silly swaying drunken dance that Greek men do when they are wallowing in their poverty.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• sf.
                    • Jan 2010

Round 22 and final results:

Congratulations to Osiris who won it Macedonian-style: Silent but deadly.

Does Warrior know what the time is? It's Ajvar time! He gets the following prize, that could also be bought from the MTO's merchandising section:

Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Congratulations to Osiris, thanks to everybody else who had a go...special thanks to sf for setting up the comp and keeping us updated each week...and finally, Go the Cats!!!!

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Thanks SF for the updates

Any chance we can set something up for the finals? We can start putting our bets in on who can win the flag.

Congratulations to Collingwood for winning the minor Premiership

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Well done Osiris you are da Man

Thanks to all it was great and can't wait till next year. RTG you finished above me so you win our latest personal war,so hats off to you mate.

It was a laugh with some of the shit stirring and bragging thats whats its all about.

No excuses from me Although i shoildn't have taken risks in rd 1 which cost me lol.

But just to finish off i will say this, Thank god i did not finish runners up, that would have hurt
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Pavel
                            • Oct 2009

well done osiris you sure can pick em!

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Chris Judd just won the Brownlow, what a champ.

Everybody tipped Dane Swan, Judd missed the first three games of the season but still went on to win it.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by prolet View Post
                                chris judd just won the brownlow, what a champ.

Everybody tipped dane swan, judd missed the first three games of the season but still went on to win it.

juddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X