X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
    A bre phoenix, how does it feel knowing that the geegawn scats are a bunch of old timers, the game has gone past them. How does it feel knowing that you and the old men at geelong will be sitting in the stands with your thumbs in your mouths while you are all playing with your balls, witnessing GREATNESS and HISTORY in the making when the essendon DYNASTY happens.
    As of Friday evening, Geelong's claims to leadership of the competition cannot be disputed.

Suck eggs, sunshine...

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      Good win by the cats. Bombers kicked themselves out of the game at one point and it cost them in the end.

Geelong is going to be a real worry come finals. Hopefully we find ourselves on the other side of the draw.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
        Good win by the cats. Bombers kicked themselves out of the game at one point and it cost them in the end.

Geelong is going to be a real worry come finals. Hopefully we find ourselves on the other side of the draw.
        My concern is the Cats lack of a genuine #1 ruck, each week we're getting smashed in the clearances. I'm not sure how much value we're going to get from Hamish McIntosh who's still a couple of weeks away from playing VFL, but we need him out there pretty soon.

Then there's Jared Rivers on the sidelines with a knee issue that's causing issues with our defensive structures, meaning that jPod has to cover down back to cover for the missing Jared Rivers and we're forced to keep Hawkins in the fwd line when clearly he's not moving well and is carrying an injury.

As promising as our young kids are (10 played with less than 50 games of experience against the Bombers) I fear they will drop away in form towards the end of the year. Managing them will be Scott's greatest challenge.

At this stage I think that Hawthorn is still the team to beat.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
          • Jul 2012

Go the Tigers! I bet you all tipped Port. Forgot to do my tips this week.

Probably won't bother again lol

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
            Go the Tigers! I bet you all tipped Port. Forgot to do my tips this week.

Probably won't bother again lol
            Yeah, I must admit I was one of those that tipped Port.
            Good rebound by the Tiges after last weeks loss.

It's all starting to fall into place, a few of the pretenders are starting to get exposed.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
              • Jul 2012

Yeah, I must admit I was one of those that tipped Port.
              Good rebound by the Tiges after last weeks loss.

It's all starting to fall into place, a few of the pretenders are starting to get exposed.
              They've had an easy draw and went in as favourites lol. They beat Adelaide and West Coast who are both out if the 8 at present

We were missing 6 from our best side too including the captain

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                • Jan 2010

My concern is the Cats lack of a genuine #1 ruck, each week we're getting smashed in the clearances. I'm not sure how much value we're going to get from Hamish McIntosh who's still a couple of weeks away from playing VFL, but we need him out there pretty soon.

Then there's Jared Rivers on the sidelines with a knee issue that's causing issues with our defensive structures, meaning that jPod has to cover down back to cover for the missing Jared Rivers and we're forced to keep Hawkins in the fwd line when clearly he's not moving well and is carrying an injury.

As promising as our young kids are (10 played with less than 50 games of experience against the Bombers) I fear they will drop away in form towards the end of the year. Managing them will be Scott's greatest challenge.

At this stage I think that Hawthorn is still the team to beat.
                Yeh Blicavs has been playing decently lately but I can't see him as your number 1 ruckman for at least a few more seasons.

It may not seem like an issue for the time-being, but most weeks you guys have been 4-5 goals down at some stage during the first half...only to mount a comeback after half time. It's a wonder how Geelong have pulled it off week after week, but as the season progresses and players begin to tire, these comebacks will be twice as difficult to achieve.

As for the hawks, it's good to see us still performing well with a number of key players out and buddy out of form.

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                  Yeh Blicavs has been playing decently lately but I can't see him as your number 1 ruckman for at least a few more seasons.

It may not seem like an issue for the time-being, but most weeks you guys have been 4-5 goals down at some stage during the first half...only to mount a comeback after half time. It's a wonder how Geelong have pulled it off week after week, but as the season progresses and players begin to tire, these comebacks will be twice as difficult to achieve.

As for the hawks, it's good to see us still performing well with a number of key players out and buddy out of form.
                  It's a strange season so far.
                  I can't understand how Geelong can be on top with half a side that's played less than a couple of years of senior football.

I think the AFL talent pool has been so diluted with the addition of the 2 expansion teams and the gifting of so many of the best junior footballers to those 2 clubs that the majority of competition will be in a state of stagnation for the next couple of years.

The 2 teams that will benefit from this are Hawthorn and Sydney, the competitions only 2 sides that are in the 'window' at this stage.
                  If the Hawks and Swans can play out the season free of injury to their key players, the GF will be contested by them again this year and probably the next.

Anything 'promising' by the other sides at this stage is an illusion, including Geelong.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Has anybody seen big bad Svengali or Pela-gone-ski around this thread lately...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

At least the Crows had a moment.
                      And they gave it to the Hawks for a fair bit last week.
                      And Makedonche has gone quiet.
                      So life isn't completely awful.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                        • Nov 2009

Ive been reading, They stuffed Komer over with the goal and didnt pay Goddard with a free. Hurley couldnt score and even Jobe was all over the place had lots of opportunity but in the end we lost. we are not out yet
                        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
                          Ive been reading, They stuffed Komer over with the goal and didnt pay Goddard with a free. Hurley couldnt score and even Jobe was all over the place had lots of opportunity but in the end we lost. we are not out yet
                          Geelong just find a way to win. Dreamtime at the G should be interesting

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            At least the Crows had a moment.
                            And they gave it to the Hawks for a fair bit last week.
                            And Makedonche has gone quiet.
                            So life isn't completely awful.
                            RTG
                            I hope you enjoyed that moment, not too many more to come from the Cows! I always go quiet when the Power are consolidating!
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Power have been consolidating for too many years now mate.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                Power have been consolidating for too many years now mate.
                                RTG
                                Do I have to remind you of our last consolidation results?...........hint.......Showdown!
                                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

Working...
                                X