• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alpha
    Banned
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Alpha, how should we interpret the statements from Thalia Dragonas, secretary general of the Greek Ministry of Education? Tell us how non Macedonians should interpret the statements from this eminently qualified person? But please don't do it the way "you people" normally go about it.
    What Thalia doesnt understand is that there is a disgruntled macedonian diaspora out there that are cherry picking anything they can possibly find to fuel their nationalistic behaviour. Look at this statement below and show me where she said this:

Dragonas stated that present Greece in no way continues to be bearer of unique ancient culture

Once I see something similar happening in ROM then we can talk.

Comment

• Alpha
      Banned
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      Thousands of Macedonians of the 19th and 20th century died fighting for a dream, of a united and free Macedonia. Laying a wreath in memory of these Macedonians is not a sign of extremism, do you see Gruevski asking for his ancestral home to be adjoined to the Macedonian republic? Do you see Gruevski asking Karadzafer to change his identity?

People in Macedonia feel the need to make comparisons between today's Greece and Nazi Germany because your government's actions resemble the latter in a 21st century fashion. If you people didn't create an artificial dispute over our name this issue would not exist.
      It was a political blunder plain and simple. Gruevski obviously didnt take into account that there were and are greek speaking macedonians that did not take kindly to this gesture. Gruesvski does not represent them.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        It was a political blunder plain and simple. Gruevski obviously didnt take into account that there were and are greek speaking macedonians that did not take kindly to this gesture. Gruesvski does not represent them.
        Political blunder...in what way...

I think he made a gesture that was culturally symbolic for every ethnic Macedonian and one that played hommage to his own roots.

You can cry all you want over the 'politics' of it...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

It was a political blunder plain and simple.
          Political blunder? Hardly, it was a mark of respect.
          Gruevski obviously didnt take into account that there were and are greek speaking macedonians that did not take kindly to this gesture. Gruesvski does not represent them.
          What Greek Macedonians you clown? What you are saying is almost akin to Albanian-speaking Greeks being upset at Vlakoyanni for mentioning the plight of Christian Asians from the 1920's. Pull your head out of your arse.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Alpha
            Banned
            • Jan 2010

Phoenix.

Gruevski is pulling politics that belong in a past era. Nobody does that anymore....Somebody should tell him we are not in the nineties anymore.

Comment

• Alpha
              Banned
              • Jan 2010

Political blunder? Hardly, it was a mark of respect.

What Greek Macedonians you clown? What you are saying is almost akin to Albanian-speaking Greeks being upset at Vlakoyanni for mentioning the plight of Christian Asians from the 1920's. Pull your head out of your arse.
              SOM, why are you so hostile ? How would you classify greeks that have live in kozani for example and are not related to the population exhange ? What ? are you going to tell me that they are vlach, albo, or anything other than greek ? Isnt that racist ?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Greece thinks it has no ethnic minorities, only a 'religious' one. Nobody has ever done that, apart from probably Nazi Germany.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

SOM, why are you so hostile ? How would you classify greeks that have live in kozani for example and are not related to the population exhange ? What ? are you going to tell me that they are vlach, albo, or anything other than greek ? Isnt that racist ?
                  I would classify the Greek citizens of Kozhani as formerly Macedonians and Vlachs that are now Grkomani. Is that where you are from? I have an old friend who's grandfather is from there, funny how his grandfather's surname sounds anything but Greek.

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Phoenix.

Gruevski is pulling politics that belong in a past era. Nobody does that anymore....Somebody should tell him we are not in the nineties anymore.
                    Nobody treats minorities like Greece does anymore. mabe you should wary about your government. somebody should tell them nobody does that anymore.
                    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Alpha
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2010

Greece thinks it has no ethnic minorities, only a 'religious' one. Nobody has ever done that, apart from probably Nazi Germany.
                      youre right on that, although the comparison to nazi germany was extreme. The religous minority you refer to is one that was done in line with Turkey's insistence. You are not well-informed about the politics of it so I will leave it alone. I believe you will see changes regarding this status soon from Greece. Its already in the process...

Comment

• Alpha
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                        somebody should tell them nobody does that anymore.
                        We have Thalia and Miha for that....

Comment

• Alpha
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2010

I would classify the Greek citizens of Kozhani as formerly Macedonians and Vlachs that are now Grkomani. Is that where you are from? I have an old friend who's grandfather is from there, funny how his grandfather's surname sounds anything but Greek.

Im not from there, but my cousin is. His father is a native in the region and has nothing to do with the population exchange. He still has land there...i only had an opportunity to see the area when I was a kid. I dont agree on how you classify him, but its your opinion.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Phoenix.

Listen mate, if somebody could drag greek politics out of the early 20th century and into the 90's we wouldn't have any problems with any of you clowns...

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

We have Thalia and Miha for that....
                              Yes but Mihas is facing a lawsuit from Greek ultranationalist organization

and Thalia nowadays faces an avalanche of attacks for stating Greek identity was created in the 19th century.The charges came in Greek Parliament by the leader of the nationalist party LAOS George Karadzhaferis and Alpha on the Macedoniatruth forum.

Bloody nationalists. what hapened to freedom of speach? or is the truth to painful.
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Alpha
                                I believe you will see changes regarding this status soon from Greece.
                                Yeah, sure, and I will believe it when I see it. But hey, don't tell me, go and tell the hundreds of thousands of Muslim Turks, Macedonians, Gypsies and even Greeks who your state has lumped together into one Ottoman style 'millet'.
                                I dont agree on how you classify him, but its your opinion.
                                Your disagreement is a matter of opinion, not my assertion.

Comment

Working...
                                X