Clear All
  • Makedonetz
    • Apr 2010

SoM what about this?

Girl in Turkish Costume with Tambourine
    c.1738/43

Makedoncite se borat
    za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
    - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

I was actually looking for male costumes to make a comparison.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Onur
        • Apr 2010

These people are so-called Greek Macedonians from Kavala, formerly christian Turks but today`s Hellenes. I think they are doing some cultural exhibition in a theater called Alexander the Great in Kavala. They wear their late 19th century costumes, sing and dance but the thing is, these Greek Macedonians in Alexander the Great theater sings in Turkish!!!;

YouTube - ΛÎ*ιλαλουμ, Î. Καβάλας (ΧοÏοστάσι, "ΑλÎ*ξανδÏος")

YouTube - ΧαÏμάν γεÏί + ΒάÏα βάÏα Καππαδοκία

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

they'll steal vojo's golema svadba,& makedonsko devojce kitka sarena.They do it as they got no respect or anything they are just thieves.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Voltron
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
            These people are so-called Greek Macedonians from Kavala, formerly christian Turks but today`s Hellenes. I think they are doing some cultural exhibition in a theater called Alexander the Great in Kavala. They wear their late 19th century costumes, sing and dance but the thing is, these Greek Macedonians in Alexander the Great theater sings in Turkish!!!;
            Onur, the dances are Capodocian. Are they supposed to stop practicing their regional dances because they were forced to move to Macedonia ? Christian Turks ? Pandering much lately ?

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
              Onur, the dances are Capodocian. Are they supposed to stop practicing their regional dances because they were forced to move to Macedonia ? Christian Turks ? Pandering much lately ?
              And Capodocians are instantly Greek are they?
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Voltron, those 'regional' dances are Turkish, because Turks lived in that region. I don't think Onur was suggesting that they stop practicing such customs, he was merely highlighting the fact that they are Turkish but are being presented as 'Greek'.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Voltron
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Voltron, those 'regional' dances are Turkish, because Turks lived in that region. I don't think Onur was suggesting that they stop practicing such customs, he was merely highlighting the fact that they are Turkish but are being presented as 'Greek'.
                  If our friend Onur feels they are Christian Turks, then he will have to account for the Muslim Greeks on his side of the fence presenting their traditions as " Turkish ".

He seems to forget that in order to have a population exchange you need a minimum of at least two countries participating.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

There are Macedonian Muslims who live in Turkey today as a result of the Greece-Turkey population exchange, and I have seen clips of them where they sing traditional Macedonian songs. I doubt that Turkey would claim them as traditionally Turkish songs. What do Turks claim as theirs which is actually Greek?

Comment

• Voltron
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

What do Turks claim as theirs which is actually Greek?
                      I would say a quarter of their total population.

There are Macedonian Muslims who live in Turkey today as a result of the Greece-Turkey population exchange, and I have seen clips of them where they sing traditional Macedonian songs.
                      I wonder how they view themselves today. Most likely as Turks.
                      Islam and nationality do not mix. Its either one or the other.

Comment

• Imagination
                        • Feb 2011

I wonder how they view themselves today. Most likely as Turks.
                        Islam and nationality do not mix. Its either one or the other.
                        All Balkan Muslims like calling themselves Turks or Albanians. They think they are their brothers , but sadly calling themselves that is a bad thing because they make the ethnical situation more difficult to understand for instance Greek Muslims. They are ethnically Greek but still they call themselves Turks.

Comment

• Voltron
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Yes, that is the general approach. Same thing with Bosnians, they identify themselves something different when in fact they are Muslim Serbs. Go figure....

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

I don't want to get into population numbers where it concerns actual ethnicities, as Greece is no angel in this regard either. I was talking about cultural characteristics, like, for example when some clowns in Greece claim dances like the 'pusteno' (pushteno) and foods like 'pogatsa' (pogacha) are 'Greek' when in fact they are Macedonian.

What do they claim which is or may be originally Greek?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Imagination View Post
                              All Balkan Muslims like calling themselves Turks or Albanians. They think they are their brothers , but sadly calling themselves that is a bad thing because they make the ethnical situation more difficult to understand for instance Greek Muslims. They are ethnically Greek but still they call themselves Turks.
                              Many of them do, but not all of them. What do the Muslims in Bulgaria call themselves?

Comment

• Imagination
                                • Feb 2011

Many of them do, but not all of them. What do the Muslims in Bulgaria call themselves?
                                Go ask them. There's a wikipedia for that if the distance is long.

Comment

Working...
                                X