Deconstruction of the term Bulgar/B'lgar/Bugar/Voulgar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    "Bulgarians" in Otto's German Made 'greece'? Check it out;

page 162

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Bratot View Post
    When bulgarian peasant used to say "we are Bulgars", he meant "we are Christians", i.e. Orthodox. The Russian Tsar was a "Bulgarian Tsar" for him not by nationality, but by Orthodox Christianity.
    But when a Greek calls himself a Roman for 1500 years, he is Greek.
    To use modern concepts of nationalism to define a race of people who descend from a biblical/antique/ancient race is ludicrous.

Leave a comment:

• Bratot
    replied
    За Македонците терминот Бугар не означавал етническа припадност, а славянска.
    За македонците и руския царь беше бугарски, не по националност a по славянство, “Periodichesko spisanie (Sofia), LXV (1904)“ стр.818.

The propaganda consisted of introducing among the common Slavic people the world “Bolgar”, as a synonym for “Slavonic Christian”; As this propaganda was so strong, really the word “Bolgar” became a synonym for “Christian that speak Slavonic” in the 19 Cent., but not and nationality. When bulgarian peasant used to say "we are Bulgars", he meant "we are Christians", i.e. Orthodox. The Russian Tsar was a "Bulgarian Tsar" for him not by nationality, but by Orthodox Christianity.
    (Source: A. Teodorov-Balan, Edna makedonska teorija - Periodichesko spisanie (Sofia), LXV (1904), p.818).

Leave a comment:

• Bratot
    replied
    За Македонците терминот Бугар не означавал етническа припадност, а славянска.
    За македонците и руския царь беше бугарски, не по националност a по славянство, “Periodichesko spisanie (Sofia), LXV (1904)“ стр.818.

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Well, Macedonians are known to have made such statements (bulgars are tatars) as early as the mid-19th century when making distinction between themselves and the Bulgarians, and the Bulgarians do claim central Asian Khans as their ancestors, putting up statues of Asparuh and such in their Russian creation....so who are we to argue.

Leave a comment:

• Bratot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bratot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    All peasants were Macedonians; shepherds were Vlachs; merchants and bureaucrats were Greeks; and the high administrators were Muslims. (Vermeulen 1978:10).

Minorities and mother country imagery By Gerald L. Gold, Memorial University of Newfoundland. Institute of Social and Economic Research page 60.

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied

The Macedonian Conflict by Loring Danforth page 59

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    Some more food for thought;

Leon Dominian follows the social labor status of Macedonia to the "T"!!!

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    All of you guys are Gems. i am so proud of all of yous and proud to be Macedonian. Thank god yous are one of us.
    Thanks SoM, and Bill I agree everyone contributed greatly to this topic. If you read from page 1 and on you will see things many many people did not know before. Plenty of people always ask me "Why did Macedonians sometimes refer to themselves as Bulgars?" and I always send them a link to this topic. This is one of the most valuable topics on this forum. Daskale started it and let's continue to build on it

Leave a comment:

• Bill77
    replied
    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Good stuff as usual TM, thanks for those texts. There is now a mass of information to disprove Greek lies against the Macedonian population thanks to people like yourself.
    All of you guys are Gems. i am so proud of all of yous and proud to be Macedonian. Thank god yous are one of us.

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Good stuff as usual TM, thanks for those texts. There is now a mass of information to disprove Greek lies against the Macedonian population thanks to people like yourself.

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    Contemporary journalists idea of what's happening in Macedonia from 1918 (as already posted on the "Who are the Slavs" topic)

page 1076

And this neatly falls into place with what Victor Roudometof said;

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    In Krusevo after 1870, reports Ballas, mixed marriages of Bulgarian (villager)father and Greek (urbanite)mother produced (male) offspring who "assert most fanatically of themselves that they are truly Bulgarian- Kurios Voulgaroi

The Past In Question by Keith Brown page 88.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X