• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Do you mean written language? Because you would have to be unequivocally sure about the nature of the ancient Macedonian language.
    I mean both, throw something at me and il most likely be able to make something out of it.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

One last question.

Am i seeing things? or are Modern Greeks slowly starting to change back to their African roots?

Have a look at Dimitris Chondrokoukis who will be representing Greece in the High Jump.

Voltron......Do you see any resemblance to Alexander the Great?
      or are you going to answer yes just so "you can say what you say"
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Voltron
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

lol. You can find many of those pictures Bill. I can find many too. It is a flawed way of proving something. My position is not based on genetic purity if there is even such a thing. Its based on a continuious existance of a group of people that have naturally evolved and continue to evolve into today and the future. We still retain the language, location and shared culture and to me that is enough.

Comment

• TojSum
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
          Use of the Greek language predates Slavonic languages in the Balkans.

Reallyyyy??? Who said that your scientists???
          Lets see something

This is yours (Greek and some other scientists) official view of developing modern languages.

And this is Phoenician alphabet

But what is wrong whit this. Somebody is blind here.

GOVRLEVO (Republic of Macedonia, Near Skopje 15 km) 7.000-6000 BC

FIRST PROBLEM ancient macedonian alphabet:

From here:

On the surface of the circle a cosmography has been performed in the shape of concentric circles with graphemes and ligatures of the phrase:

which deciphered from the right to the left, properly transcribed with the letters of the modern Macedonian standard language, would say:
          " СЛ С БО СМ " [s l s bo s m] and that in the modern macedonian language means:
          " САЛ СО БОГА СУМ " ("SAL SO BOGA SUM") or
          " САМО СО ГОСПОД СУМ "("SAMO SO GOSPOD SUM") in English means
          "Solely with god I am", which with different semantics means:
          " САЛ СО БОГОТ САМ " ("SAL SO BOGOT SAM") or
          " САМО СО ГОСПОД " ("SAMO SO GOSPOD SAM") which in English means
          "Only (solely) with the god alone" .

SECOND PROBLEM secret macedonian inscription alphabet (From the same finding):

Macedonian continuous language, from the right to the left we read:
          "...С БО СМ " [s bo sm], i.e.
          " СО БОГА СУМ " ("...SO BOGA SUM") which means
          "With god I am".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You told us in some of your posts to start dig (archeologically) so lets see what we found in Govrlevo again:

WHAT IS THIS : BELIEVE IT OR NOT
          OSINCANI (Republic of Macedonia, Near Skopje 15-20km) 7.000-6.000 BC

Last edited by TojSum; 03-20-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Voltron
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Tojsum, I never said you dont have any archeological findings in ROM. On the other thread I merely stated that you would be more likely to find Peaonian, Illyrian, Thracian artifacts rather than Macedonian. Also, there is nothing to suggest that those symbols are related to any Slavonic or Macedonian based language. I might of well claim the Dispilio writings as Greek then. Fact is they are too old to be anything related to what we are talking about here. Might as well been Oetzi's scribblng right before he got spiked by an arrow.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

They considered macedonians barbarians .They were not of the same race & they spoke an unintelligble speech which was foreign to the greeks.They even said in greece you can buy a slave ,they practiced slavery.In macedonia there was no slavery everyone was a free man.Notice the difference.The only people who spoke greek was the royal house not because they had to but out of necessity for commerce.The ordinary macedonian never needed to speak greek at all.So the macedonians it is evident had their own mother tounge macedonian.
              If macedonians & greeks were the same people why did the greeks resent the macedonians & refused to cooperate,why were macedonian garisons placed all around greece.Also why did demosthenes hate the macedonians so much that he threw into a fit of rage when he heard alexander wasn't killed in the battle of cheronea.
              Last edited by George S.; 03-20-2012, 04:24 PM.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

The so called greek alphabet is really copied from the phonecian alphabet.So over time it all becomes greek but really it's not.
                use of the greek language does not predate anything your alphabet is a copied version of the phonecian.Macedonians go back into prehistory not like the greeks prior to 3000 bc they go back to dark roots of africa.Have you heard about the black people & the black athena.??
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Voltron
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

George, you can also make the comparison that Cyrillic is a copy of Greek alphabet.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

The issue here is was it "foreign". It wasnt.
                    You mean like the English language in Indonesia or something. Sure I suppose.

I believe the Ancient Macedonians are one in the same as the rest of the Greek tribes in the area. So to me,it isnt a foreign intervention of assimilation. What I said is even if I was to agree with you and say they werent, they were hellenised way before any other type of language shift occured in the Balkans in the mid 6-7th AD for whatever reasons.
                    Your belief is based on hope. Which many people cling to.

I have no doubt that Hellenic influences existed. I question however how long that influence existed. I also question the typical Greeks reliance on that influence when we can unequivocally say the most easily confirmed and dominant nature of Macedonians throughout history is the language of my people as it exists today.

Meanwhile you cannot even prove what the ancient Macedonian language was. Don't try, because far more learned people have and failed. So a much safer approach would be to assume that the dominant language for the last 1400 years in Macedonia did not appear overnight some time in the 6th century. That somehow it became the lingua franca of the region purely because of the locals affinity with the language and the rejection of that small window of Hellenic influence. Which precipitated Macedonians developing their own written language shortly thereafter.

My assumptions are far easier to swallow than yours.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

I mean both, throw something at me and il most likely be able to make something out of it.
                      No, you throw ancient Macedonian at me. Remember to pick it up gently because there isn't much of it.

While you are at it and (given your impressive collection denied to all of academia) mix in a dose of Illyrian.

Here is one word you can translate if you like:

"hellenicdreamsmakeththegreek"

It was found by Zorba the Greek when he fell over some smashed plates.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

voltron the cyrillic is not all greek they used cyrillic as it was more appropriate.So because they borrowed a few letters doesn't mean the whole thing is greek.Just remember there is no such thing as greek as it was the phonecian alphabet which the greeks adopted.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

We still retain the language, location and shared culture and to me that is enough.
                          All artificially constructed in the last ~200 years. Your modern Greek language has gone thru so many revisions that it was not finalized until the 1970s.
                          Speaking of language why is it mandatory for Greek students to study Ancient Greek?
                          You share the same location due to the influx of immigration to the Greek kingdom since its establishment in the 19th century and continues till this day.
                          And the culture has been handed to you by the Hellenizing force of the Greek Orthodox Church and your educational system.

Quite simple really.
                          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                            • Nov 2009

It is like saying "Greek Easter" there is no such thing
                            Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

greek easteris a misnomer for a start the orthodox easter is celebrated by a number of different branches of the orthodox faith.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                                greek easteris a misnomer for a start the orthodox easter is celebrated by a number of different branches of the orthodox faith.
                                What cracks me up is that the breakaway sect called the Greek Orthodox Church does not even follow the old calendar in all instances.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X