Makedonski Narodni i Patriotski Pesni - Macedonian Folk & Patriotic Songs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 1597

    There was a Bulgarian festival in Adelaide a few months back from memory
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

    Comment

    • Momce Makedonce
      Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 562

      Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      There are many in South Australia. From all over the place. Some from Pirin. They seemed to have arrived slightly earlier than the Egejci. They assimilated very quickly and haven't given much pain to the Macedonians.
      Interesting RTG, I wonder if Bulgarian Australians were in much greater number and there was a significant part of them more recently migrated how much of a pain they would have been to us Macedonians here in Australia. I feel like if they weren't on the Greeks level then they would most probably have been not far behind them. Or perhaps they could have just been like the Serbian and Albanian communities here in Australia, where there is some underlying tension but they never really get involved with us or give us much grief, at least not on any official level like Greeks do.
      Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 04-18-2019, 09:54 AM.
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

      Comment

      • Risto the Great
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2008
        • 15660

        If there were more macedonians, we'd be giving them all hell! It's just a numbers game and the Greeks have more people. The Macedonians worked quite closely with the Bulgarians back in the market gardening days. It was convenient to be able to communicate and had more benefits than disadvantages. Sometimes Bulgarians world visit, I could never understand them!
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

        Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

        Comment

        • Big Bad Sven
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 1528

          In Melbourne I met a lot of Bulgarians from the social circles I was in (internationals). There seems to be quite a few that have arrived in Melbourne to study English and also work. When Bulgarian sports stars came into the city they would throw big parties

          I never had any problems with them and they seemed quite friendly to me once I told them I was Macedonian. The odd one or two would say something stupid like we are the same or speak the same language. I would politely correct them lol

          In the city I live in I have met a few as well, they have a growing community as well. Same deal, international students, people working in jobs like bar men, cleaners etc

          I have also met many young girls come here with Australian partners.
          I think now with the EU and the Bulgarian economy still struggling Australia will see more Bulgarians (and Romanians) migrating to Australia.

          Comment

          • Momce Makedonce
            Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 562

            Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
            In Melbourne I met a lot of Bulgarians from the social circles I was in (internationals). There seems to be quite a few that have arrived in Melbourne to study English and also work. When Bulgarian sports stars came into the city they would throw big parties

            I never had any problems with them and they seemed quite friendly to me once I told them I was Macedonian. The odd one or two would say something stupid like we are the same or speak the same language. I would politely correct them lol

            In the city I live in I have met a few as well, they have a growing community as well. Same deal, international students, people working in jobs like bar men, cleaners etc

            I have also met many young girls come here with Australian partners.
            I think now with the EU and the Bulgarian economy still struggling Australia will see more Bulgarians (and Romanians) migrating to Australia.
            That's really interesting BBS! I have to say for the most part I have never really had many issues on a personal level with Greeks or Serbians here, some underlying tensions for sure but nothing too serious, so I would say Bulgarians in Australia would be the same scenario. In saying that I am sure many have experienced the opposite end of dealing with some of the more crazy types of these communities.
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

            Comment

            • Liberator of Makedonija
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2014
              • 1597

              Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
              That's really interesting BBS! I have to say for the most part I have never really had many issues on a personal level with Greeks or Serbians here, some underlying tensions for sure but nothing too serious, so I would say Bulgarians in Australia would be the same scenario. In saying that I am sure many have experienced the opposite end of dealing with some of the more crazy types of these communities.
              Yes opposite here. Had terrible experiences with the Greek community here, no real issues with the Serb one though they are much smaller.
              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

              Comment

              • Momce Makedonce
                Member
                • Jul 2012
                • 562

                Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                Yes opposite here. Had terrible experiences with the Greek community here, no real issues with the Serb one though they are much smaller.
                Sorry to hear that LOM, can you explain your experience? I think off memory you were from Melbourne? It seems relations between Macedonians and Greeks are much more hostile there.
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

                Comment

                • Liberator of Makedonija
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2014
                  • 1597

                  Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                  Sorry to hear that LOM, can you explain your experience? I think off memory you were from Melbourne? It seems relations between Macedonians and Greeks are much more hostile there.
                  Yeah was going to say it's probably worse in Melbourne. Honestly too many stories to even list, relations between our communities here are terrible. Copped it from the Greek community here my entire life really, as recently as a week ago. Mind you there are exceptions, plenty of Greeks here who couldn't give a stuff about the whole situation and some even go as far as to recognise the injustice the Greek state has caused on the Macedonian people.
                  I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

                  Comment

                  • Momce Makedonce
                    Member
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 562

                    Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                    Yeah was going to say it's probably worse in Melbourne. Honestly too many stories to even list, relations between our communities here are terrible. Copped it from the Greek community here my entire life really, as recently as a week ago. Mind you there are exceptions, plenty of Greeks here who couldn't give a stuff about the whole situation and some even go as far as to recognise the injustice the Greek state has caused on the Macedonian people.
                    That's really embarrassing that they behave that way and makes sense as to why the Melbourne Macedonian community will give it back to them just as much. There is some like that here as well but like you said some are very friendly and normal too.
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

                    Comment

                    • Momce Makedonce
                      Member
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 562

                      Macedonian community of Australia not impressed with Elena Velevska coming for a concert after her comments a couple years ago on Bulgarian television.

                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

                      Comment

                      • Liberator of Makedonija
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2014
                        • 1597

                        Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                        Macedonian community of Australia not impressed with Elena Velevska coming for a concert after her comments a couple years ago on Bulgarian television.

                        https://balkan.mk/2019/04/23/povik-d...yD2Kd_VYGq3an8
                        She's been removed from the tour now.
                        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

                        Comment

                        • vicsinad
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2011
                          • 2337

                          Thank you for posting this. The Bulgarianization is creeping into Macedonia.

                          I e-mailed the operator of pesna.org. They have tunes and lyrics for Macedonian songs. Often, they have renditions from non-Macedonians. But, why do they need to post renditions of songs by a group (or TV show, whichever it is, I'm not sure) called "Site Bugari Zaedno?" If you're going to post a rendition of a Macedonian song sung by a Bulgarian, why "Site Bugari Zaedno?" Doesn't send the right message, in my opinion.

                          Last edited by vicsinad; 04-27-2019, 06:16 AM.

                          Comment

                          • vicsinad
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2011
                            • 2337

                            Velevska's reaction:



                            Македонската дијаспора од Австралија деновиве масовно повикува на бојкот на концертите на Елена Велевска закажани за мај и јуни. На Фејсбук страницата Македонска коалиција, повторно се споделува видеото од едно нејзино гостување на бугарската телевизија Пајнер направено пред две години.

                            За Елена Велеска Јовано, Јованке и Кажи облаче ли бело се бугарски хитови, пишуваат тие повикувајќи на бојкот.

                            Видеото, кое беше поставено вчера на страницата, веќе е прегледано повеќе од 18.000 пати, а многу од иселените Македонци не штедат на навредите кон македонската фолк пејачка.


                            Симтоматично, повторното споделување на ова видео, доаѓа токму пред австралиската турнеја на пејачката, која веќе се извини за видеото, иако, како што вели, нема зошто да се извинува зошто таа изјава е извадена од контекст.

                            Јас кажав и пред две години дека таму зборувам за тоа дека и бугарските пејачи ги пеат нашите песни во Австралија. Во интервјуто зборувам и на македонски јазик, но тоа никој не го коментира, вели Елена Велевска за Република.

                            Иако видеото се шири на социјалните мрежи, пејачката смета дека нема како ни зошто да реагира и дека не сака да наседнува на вакви провокации. Велевска вели дека знае кој е одговорен за ваквите манипулации. Се работи за австралиски менаџер со кого на тогашната и на оваа турнеја Велевска одбила да соработува.

                            -Јас имам одредени критериуми, но тој не ги исполнуваше и затоа концертите ги организира друг. Нека шеруваат, нека прават што сакаат. И тогаш имав одлична турнеја, и сега кој сака, ќе дојде на концертите. Може колку сакаат да го споделуваат тоа видео и сега и по две и по десет години, нека ми прават реклама. Јас не планирам да реагирам, ни кажа таа во телефонскиот разговор.

                            Велевска вели дека токму ова ќе н докрајчи нас Македонците.

                            Не се цениме! Дури кога ќе сме во гроб како Тоше, дури тогаш им чиниш. Јас ја пеев Македонско девојче на среде Софија, никој тоа не го кажува. Пеам на сите јазици, тоа не ме менува, јас сум Македонка, додава таа.
                            I watched the video. I don't see how her quote was taken out of context. The interviewer asked her what are some Bulgarian songs you sing at Macedonian concerts in Australia. Velevska responded with Jovano Jovanke, Kazi Oblace Belo, and other songs. Clear cut.

                            She apparently apologized two years ago and claims that a feud with a Macedonian manager in Australia is the real reason this protest is happening. Even if that was the case, I didn't find her apology convincing.

                            Comment

                            • Momce Makedonce
                              Member
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 562

                              Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                              Velevska's reaction:





                              I watched the video. I don't see how her quote was taken out of context. The interviewer asked her what are some Bulgarian songs you sing at Macedonian concerts in Australia. Velevska responded with Jovano Jovanke, Kazi Oblace Belo, and other songs. Clear cut.

                              She apparently apologized two years ago and claims that a feud with a Macedonian manager in Australia is the real reason this protest is happening. Even if that was the case, I didn't find her apology convincing.
                              I rewatched the clip several times and I also agree that it's pretty clear cut Vic. I thought initially she might have been taken out of context in some way but I don't think she was. Don't know how she is trying to wriggle herself out of this. What do you guys think? If she sincerely apologised for saying this in the past would you accept it? For me personally, I don't even listen to her music and the fact that she makes songs in Bulgarian turns me off instantly, in the same way that it turns me off when Macedonians make songs in Serbian such as Aneta/ Grupa Molika and Tyzee for example.
                              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

                              Comment

                              • vicsinad
                                Senior Member
                                • May 2011
                                • 2337

                                Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                                I rewatched the clip several times and I also agree that it's pretty clear cut Vic. I thought initially she might have been taken out of context in some way but I don't think she was. Don't know how she is trying to wriggle herself out of this. What do you guys think? If she sincerely apologised for saying this in the past would you accept it? For me personally, I don't even listen to her music and the fact that she makes songs in Bulgarian turns me off instantly, in the same way that it turns me off when Macedonians make songs in Serbian such as Aneta/ Grupa Molika and Tyzee for example.
                                Yup, exactly. I think what happened was that she was trying to show off, suck up to, or impress a Bulgarian audience to get some fans, followers, i.e. to sell some music. When asked the question, she a) couldn't think of Bulgarian songs she sings to Macedonians right away and just threw out some songs; or b) knew that Bulgarians consider those songs Bulgarian and threw them a bone.

                                I don't need or care for an apology from her. Just not to make detrimental remarks to cause.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X