• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Bad Sven
    • Jan 2009

Dnevnik: ‘Die, Macedonians’, scant students in Tetovo

Dnevnik: ‘Die, Macedonians’, scant students in Tetovo

1 October 2009 | 11:58 | FOCUS News Agency
    Tetovo. ‘Artificial nation’, ‘Kosovo Liberation Army’, “Ilirida’, ‘Die, Macedonians’ – these are some of the slogans seen at the protest organized by the Illyricum Libertas non-government organization and more than 1,000 university students in Tetovo, who gathered on a protest demonstration on Wednesday, insisting for the encyclopedia published by the Macedonian Academy of Science and Arts (MASA) to be withdrawn from circulation, Macedonian Dnevnik daily writes.
    The newspaper remarks that the protestors were carrying posters with texts insulting the Macedonians and the editors of the MASA encyclopedia.
    Organizer of the event, Illyricum Libertas, distanced itself from the insulting slogans.

Its good to see that the shiptars are very "loyal" to macedonia. My opinion, there is no possible way a non albanian cam live with albanians, these people are so stupid and so backwards it just makes impossible.
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Half the people probably aren't even from Macedonia originally. The trouble-making elements among the ethnic Albanians in Macedonia need to be weeded out and deported. And what a great name for a NGO, the "Illyricum Libertas" - Maybe I am being too pessimistic, but that looks like an irredentist gesture to me. Can you imagine a Macedonian NGO in Greece or Bulgaria named "Macedonium Libertas"? Maybe one should be made by the Macedonians in Albania.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Kosovar Terrorists fired at our Border Patrol Unit in Kumanovsko, another provocation and this is an act of war shooting at neighboring Police Officers what is the Kosovo Police doing???
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

MANU really put a butter knife in Macedonia's ass with this one. To think you are creating an Encyclopedia and that you would be a professional about writing. Instead you use street slang like "shiptar" when talking about the ethnic Albanians. This is a disgrace and these morons are supposedly representing us.
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

I hate the conspiracy theories, but when you have "Professors" resorting to street slang, then you have "idiots". Having said this, the sweep-out will commence very shortly I would imagine.

Dear Tetovar ethnic Albanians, the artificial nation will now commence funding your university with artificial money.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

Beisdes the fact that the MANU are a bunch of idiots I detest the ethnic Albanians calling Macedonia an artificial nation when they are as fake as their cousins in Athens. The ethnic Albanians should know better than that considering that their myths are just as easily breakable as the imposter hellenes south of Macedonia.
            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

To tell you the truth, I don't even consider the extreme (which seem to have become the norm for many) ethnic Albanian assertions about their so-called 'origin' in antiquity as serious, nobody that has read up on the subject can. Before the mid 1800's they didn't even know what Illyria was, now they are naming their children 'Teuta Mehmeti'....
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                • Jan 2009

The scary thing here is that these "educated" shiptars are the future of macedonia, just imagine what they will be planning and funding when they graduate and have a income. Just imagine what mischief they will get up to if they enter politics

The even sadder thing here is that its macedonian tax payers money that funds this nationalistic "university" in tetovo and funds the students education - thats the real sad thing.

I don't want to sound like a negative person but i dont predict a good future with these racist little pricks living in the country.

I think the albanians have proven that they are impossible to deal with and you cant live with them if you are not albanian or become a albanian. Their is no future with these "people"

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  To tell you the truth, I don't even consider the extreme (which seem to have become the norm for many) ethnic Albanian assertions about their so-called 'origin' in antiquity as serious, nobody that has read up on the subject can. Before the mid 1800's they didn't even know what Illyria was, now they are naming their children 'Teuta Mehmeti'....
                  Very true, it was only after Enver Hoxha took power after WW2 that he implemented his romantic artificial idea of history, and "encouraged" albanians to name their children after Illyrian's.

Whos the artificial nation again?

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

TM, I told you about Manu a long time ago they have always let us down and i dont believe these people should be funded by the Macedonian Tax Payer.

I actually agree with what they wrote about the Albanians, they came from the Planini i have even heard older people telling me this in their younger days they cant remember many Shiptari living around the cities of Macedonia.

Shiptar is not a word made up on the street, its always been used by our people its only now they started to become ashamed of it, this is what they call eachother. In Albanian we are called Maqedonise should we start complaining now?? The Turks call the Shiptars Arnautluk, they are Arnauti this is a country thats ruled them for 500 years im sure they know a bit of History about the Albanians.

Keep in mind that the Albanian History is falsified, Mother Teresa is not Albanian but she is Vlach. Gjorgjija Kastriot Skenderbeg is not Albanian but a Mijak, The Illirians are not Albanian they are Vlachs and the list goes on and on.

Keep in mind there is alot of Shkreti,Torbeshi and Gjupci they are included in the Albanian figures, just because they can speak the Albanian Language doesnt make them Albanian.
                    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet
                      Shiptar is not a word made up on the street, its always been used by our people its only now they started to become ashamed of it, this is what they call eachother. In Albanian we are called Maqedonise should we start complaining now?? The Turks call the Shiptars Arnautluk, they are Arnauti this is a country thats ruled them for 500 years im sure they know a bit of History about the Albanians.
                      Actually Prolet, the word exists only some time after George Kastriot, and it is Shqiptar - Shiptar is the slang way of saying it in Macedonian. If you look at some of the 19th century literature from people like Pulevski, you will notice that Macedonians were often calling them Arnauti.
                      The Illirians are not Albanian they are Vlachs and the list goes on and on.
                      The Illyrians are Vlachs? I don't think so mate, how did you come to that conclusion?

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

SOM, They call eachother Shiptari even today, i know we called them Arnauti in the past and we still do now. Even the Turks call them this im not sure why this is confusing so many people

As for the Iliri well its not so hard to figure out, Albania has the largest percentage of Vlachs which is in the South of Albania on the border with Greece. If you recall the recent DNA test results from that Swiss Lab the majority of people with Illirian DNA came from Southern Albania, dont confuse the Albanians from Macedonia and Kosovo they have nothing to do with Ilirians they are not even in the same DNA group as the Albanians in Albania i think most people know this but to me DNA proves everything the only way you can prove you are a father to a child is via a DNA test.

I just dont know why the Vlachs are not standing up to the Albanians this is something that confuses me, I honestly believe that the Vlachs can solve the Albanian issue in Macedonia as many Vlachs actually speak their language since it is similar. Actually not just the Vlachs but the rest of the minority groups in Macedonia because the Albanians are getting all these privileges while the others arnt getting anything. Maybe Mitko Stojkov might be a good person to ask about this.

If you do recall SOM when VMRO Narodna suggested we change our Grb to the Lavche all the Albanian parties stood up and said its not a multi national emblem and that there are other minorities in Macedonia apart from Macedonians which means they are using the rest of the minorities to prove their point, bearing in mind that the Government can do the same thing to prevent the Albanians from doing many other things like having Dvo Jazicnost, Dvo Jazicni Tabli, their Flags waved around etc

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Prolet, they don't call each other 'shiptari' (mkd: шиптари), like I said before, that is Macedonian slang, something we learned and adapted to our language (relatively recently) when we heard them speak to each other.
                          Originally posted by Prolet
                          If you recall the recent DNA test results from that Swiss Lab the majority of people with Illirian DNA came from Southern Albania.....
                          Which test results? As far as I was aware, the safest source of Illyrian genetical heritage can be found in Bosnia and Croatia. Either way, the Vlachs are not Illyrians although some may very well have such DNA or cultural elements, they speak a Romance language that descends from the Latin colonists that settled the Balkans during the reign of Rome and they are found scattered all over the Balkans, in places where Illyrians were never to be found (such as the coastal areas of the Black Sea in modern Romania).

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

SOM, Should the Gjupci be offended too if somebody calls them Gjupci?? Should the Vlachs get offended if somebody calls them Tsintsars?? The Turks call them Arnauti we can call them what we like and to us they will always be Shiptars. If they are ashamed of who they are then thats not our problem.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

It will probably take many more years to drop the habit of calling them by that name in Macedonia, but if the Roma see offence in the term 'Gjupci', we should respect that.

We expect nothing less for ourselves, yes?

Comment

Working...
                              X