Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 06-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #1
Niko777

Niko777 is on a distinguished road
Default After changing its name, Germany Deals Blow to North Macedonia EU Hopes

Germany Deals Blow to Albania, North Macedonia EU Hopes

Sinisa Jakov MarusicSkopjeBIRNJune 7, 2019

Link: https://balkaninsight.com/2019/06/07...onia-eu-hopes/

In a setback to the EU membership aspirations of North Macedonia and Albania, the German Bundestag on Thursday failed to take any decision on supporting a start date for accession talks with either country.

The German parliament on Thursday approved the NATO accession protocol with North Macedonia – but did not discuss supporting the launch of EU accession talks either with North Macedonia or Albania.

Without such a decision from the Bundestag, the German government cannot approve the opening of accession talks with the two aspiring member countries at the European Council later this month, in June 18.

This means that the earliest possible date for this to happen would be in September, after the Bundestag returns from its summer recess.

The stalling in Berlin will add to the concerns of the governments in Skopje and Tirana, who also have to deal with the enlargement skepticism of France, The Netherlands and some other EU countries.

Both countries had been hoping for a firm date to start membership talks.

North Macedonia Prime Minister Zoran Zaev earlier this week in Brussels warned that if no decision was made to start accession talks this year, it could jeopardize his pro-European government and boost the more euro-skeptic right-wing forces in the country who were ousted from power two years ago in 2017.

The EU “will either support this progressive, pro-European option, or those who have been blocking these processes and who have been tagged as radical, nationalist or pro-Russian. The disappointment among our citizens if the EC fails to grant a positive opinion will give hope to the latter forces,” Zaev said.

The European Commission in May recommended the EU to open membership talks with North Macedonia and Albania – but the left a decision on the actual date to the European Council in June.

Its report praised Zaev’s government for striking a historic deal with Greece last summer on ending the long dispute over Macedonia’s name, as well as engaging in other reforms designed to unlock the country’s stalled Euro-Atlantic bid.

“No matter what will happen, we did everything we could. I would like our [EU] partners to know that we have been waiting for 15 years [for a date] and that now, everything is possible,” Zaev said.
Niko777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
Pelagonija

Pelagonija is on a distinguished road

Dont worry we still made it in NATO.
Pelagonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:11 PM   #3
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

That refrain of putting off accession talks will probably become a common occurrence. The Northern retards should get used to it.

Last edited by Gocka; 06-12-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
JPMKD

JPMKD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
That refrain of putting off accession talks will probably become a common occurrence. They Northern retards should get used to it.
You got it.
BTW anyone know a good tattoo removal artist????

I have apparently stolen a Greek symbol and may want to visit North-YoutellmeandI'llcallmyselfthatistan one day.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:29 AM   #5
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

The German Bundestag will approve a start to Macedonia’s accession talks in September, Chancellor Angela Merkel has told Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, authorities in Skopje said.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #6
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

A start to starting to talk. I love the doublespeak. Honestly, Macedonians are masters of that kind of talk. Yet they still can't call bullshit on this. Amazing.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:06 AM   #7
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin15 View Post
The German Bundestag will approve a start to Macedonia’s accession talks in September, Chancellor Angela Merkel has told Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, authorities in Skopje said.
The so called 'authorities' in Skopje have made many bold claims...the lemmings in Macedonia seem to have quite an appetite for such bold claims...first it was to be in June, then July and now September...after that it will be sometime in 2020, then 2021, then...you get the picture...the pattern would be obvious to a preschool kid but not to the lemming majority...

By September we could see a new greek government in power and any prospect of accession talks will be wiped off the table...even NATO membership is not certainty by that stage...although the greeks have ratified it in their parliament, it won't stop a new greek government from doing a deal with a friendly NATO member that is yet to ratify it in their parliament...

This is the unscrupulous, morally bankrupt and racist scum that Zaev and Dimitrov have handed their arses to, along with a handwritten message of appreciation for the newly acquired searing sensation and an unease in sitting down...

To think that some of Macedonia's greatest historical enemies, Greece and Bulgaria would somehow turn the other cheek and reconcile all their differences overnight and make it smooth sailing into a glorious sunset is a naivety rarely seen in politics and statesmanship anywhere in the world...
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:54 AM   #8
Bill77

Bill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud of

MACEDONIA
I changed my name
Wiped away our history
Gave away our sovereignty
And all i got was this lousy t shirt

I've patent it and i'm going to make lots of money.......
Old 06-14-2019, 08:36 AM   #9
JPMKD

June, July, September......
As my late mom would say, "Vetter"
Old 06-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #10
JPMKD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post
MACEDONIA
I changed my name
Wiped away our history
Gave away our sovereignty
And all i got was this lousy t shirt

I've patent it and i'm going to make lots of money.......
Love it. Those should be big in the UK and a few other EU countries.