Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Vangelovski, Ofcourse a priest can bless a Bishop can bless too, all i ask for when i do good for somebody is their blagoslov and a kind word like Spolaj Ti is enough for me. Im not suggesting that Bishop Petar is a god however he is a high ranking Bishop in MPC so he is no ordinary person like you or me, there are only 9 or 10 Bishops in the whole Eparhija including Gospodin Gospodin Stefan otherwise we'd all be Bishops and Sveshteniks wont we??

Makedonche, Well Done for the win over North Melbourne i thought i'd be a Pishman for tipping Port but i must say they play well at home.

The whole point about the Bishop here is that he wants to lead in the hierarchy, even if Bishop Petar is replaced the same structure will be in place which means that every Macedonian Church has to be under the MPC umbrella. Now there is a gray issue here in between which im lead to believe that MPC is not registered and how would it be registered? I think Bishop Petar should work with everybody on getting this done and making sure that MPC is officially registered in Australia and New Zealand however if it is registered how would it be registered? Would it be registered like a Trust with three trustees or however many there is. I think there are other more qualified people to answer this question however i will say one thing here, a dialogue needs to be found and Bishop Petar should be concentrating on his work mainly his preaching and handing out blessings (Blagoslov) i think more diplomacy needs to be used instead of Kolnenje,klevetenje and even Tepanje,Tuzhenje etc Its not a democratic way to deal with these things, nobody has the right to judge anybody and call somebody a non-believer like you mentioned Makedonche.

However we also need to understand that in MPC there is no democracy, nobody elects them they elect each other and personally they need to modernize their eparhija because we are not living in 12ti vek anymore. Bishop Petar only comes to Australia once a year we rarely get to see him, he should be here alot more with the people because he is the head of the Australian and New Zealand region. If anybody watched his interview with Robert Popovski on X/0 its good to keep up to date with these issues.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
      Vangelovski, Ofcourse a priest can bless a Bishop can bless too, all i ask for when i do good for somebody is their blagoslov and a kind word like Spolaj Ti is enough for me. Im not suggesting that Bishop Petar is a god however he is a high ranking Bishop in MPC so he is no ordinary person like you or me, there are only 9 or 10 Bishops in the whole Eparhija including Gospodin Gospodin Stefan otherwise we'd all be Bishops and Sveshteniks wont we??

Makedonche, Well Done for the win over North Melbourne i thought i'd be a Pishman for tipping Port but i must say they play well at home.

The whole point about the Bishop here is that he wants to lead in the hierarchy, even if Bishop Petar is replaced the same structure will be in place which means that every Macedonian Church has to be under the MPC umbrella. Now there is a gray issue here in between which im lead to believe that MPC is not registered and how would it be registered? I think Bishop Petar should work with everybody on getting this done and making sure that MPC is officially registered in Australia and New Zealand however if it is registered how would it be registered? Would it be registered like a Trust with three trustees or however many there is. I think there are other more qualified people to answer this question however i will say one thing here, a dialogue needs to be found and Bishop Petar should be concentrating on his work mainly his preaching and handing out blessings (Blagoslov) i think more diplomacy needs to be used instead of Kolnenje,klevetenje and even Tepanje,Tuzhenje etc Its not a democratic way to deal with these things, nobody has the right to judge anybody and call somebody a non-believer like you mentioned Makedonche.

However we also need to understand that in MPC there is no democracy, nobody elects them they elect each other and personally they need to modernize their eparhija because we are not living in 12ti vek anymore. Bishop Petar only comes to Australia once a year we rarely get to see him, he should be here alot more with the people because he is the head of the Australian and New Zealand region. If anybody watched his interview with Robert Popovski on X/0 its good to keep up to date with these issues.
      Prolet
      Da si zhiv is zdrav tsel vek! Thanks for your reply - you'll do well to back the power more often this year, I think theyr'e going to cause some upsets - good luck with the blues!
      Getting back to our discussions my question was really asking whether you believe Petar is acting like a bishop or in a bishop like manner with some of his actions and decisions - I think I have my answer from what you wrote- more consultation with the people is what's needed, the problem he has is that he alienated so many Macedonians and caused so much pain, grief, heartache, disunity and financial damage, that it is impossible for him to ever be respected here in australia, sometimes the damage is too great and you need to start again!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• osiris
        • Sep 2008

luge koga ke se razbudite becoming a bishop doesnt make you holy nor good and given the relationship between the mpc and the people who ran yugoslavia i would suggest that most of our clergy are opportunists called by the power of an easy and prestigious job, and not the teachings of jesus

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Vangelovski, Ofcourse a priest can bless a Bishop can bless too, all i ask for when i do good for somebody is their blagoslov and a kind word like Spolaj Ti is enough for me. Im not suggesting that Bishop Petar is a god however he is a high ranking Bishop in MPC so he is no ordinary person like you or me, there are only 9 or 10 Bishops in the whole Eparhija including Gospodin Gospodin Stefan otherwise we'd all be Bishops and Sveshteniks wont we??.
          Prolet, you're a very confused individual (though not the only one). Who has taught you that Bishops and Priests are somehow "super" human or extraordinary people that possess the power to bless or curse? I can tell you that whoever has given you these ideas is NOT from God. Humans are simply that - Humans. God is the only One that has the power to bless or curse and He does it according to His own Will. You need to read your Bible, because you are been led astray.

The role of the Priest and Bishop is simply to tell us about Jesus and teach us how to live according to Biblical principles. They cannot save us or condemn us - Our personal faith and trust in Jesus saves us and our rejection of Jesus condemns us. Any stories about Bishops or Priests having some sort of mystical powers are unbiblical.

I don't think you should be spreading these old wives tales about Bishops being able to curse because "they are not like" normal people, insinuating that we should obey Petar for fear he may turn us into frogs or something.
          Last edited by Vangelovski; 03-30-2010, 12:10 AM.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Makedonche, Gospod zdravje da ti dadi

This is how it should be, respect between our peoples.

Vangelovski, I think you should take a leaf out of Makedonche's book, nobody said that Vladici and Popoj have super powers however they do have a responsibility to preach to our people and to bless our holly spirit. They are there to serve for our people, i dont think that means that they should discredit our people in anyway.

Vangelovski, This has been killing our community for over a decade, we should be looking for solutions not making matters worse then they already are.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bij
              • Oct 2009

Bij, When was this?

Vangelovski, How can you say such things? Why do we bring in Priests and Bishops to bless houses,buildings,objects,sports halls etc? Kako ni krsti popot voda? He cant do it without blagoslov.

Indigen, How many Bishops are there? I dont think i know Gorazd which region is he in?

Stefan,Petar,Timotej,Agatangel,Naum,Kiril and Metodija they are the ones i know. Who took Zoran Vraniskovski's spot? He was the Bishop for the Veles region i think.
              the christening was on 21st of March, it was on the Maso newspaper on tuesday 23rd.

little girl went to the altar to present a baby she was going to be christening, priest asked her where she was christened, she said roseberry, he called her the devil and refused to let her christen the kid.

i would have spat right between his eyes

Comment

• osiris
                • Sep 2008

what a petty ignorant vindictive priest

Comment

• Mikail
                  • Sep 2008

Bij, is this the priest from Sv Petka? Is there a Maso church in Roseberry? I know of one in Liverpool and Cabramatta.
                  From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• osiris
                    • Sep 2008

it proves my point the quality and spirituality of the mpc clergy is woeful.

Comment

• Bij
                      • Oct 2009

no, the priest was from the vladika church in frederick st rockdale.

liverpool and frederick st are with the vladika

roseberry, rockdale (st petka) and cabramatta are community churches.

the same priest (fuckwit!) did a similar thing to my niece. her grandparents were fasting, took her to church to get pricesta with them, he asked where she was christened and when he found out roseberry he called her the devil and refused to pricesti her unless they rechristened her there.

Comment

• Mikail
                        • Sep 2008

That is disgusting. Are all you sheep paying attention to this? Is this something we need to accept from our priests? This is an order passed down from the top you know! Petar is responsible for this inhumane action by this priest!

This garbage needs to end and anyone who condones this action needs to have a good think about their own values and whether they in turn value the Macedonian Cause.... because this sort of action is un-Macedonian
                        From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Mikail
                          • Sep 2008

Bij, thank you for telling us this.

Any information of this kind brings us closer to The Truth.

Get it here first on Macedonian Truth

Comment

• Bij
                            • Oct 2009

mikail, i have thought all along the vladika priests were trying to create a cult. i went to a funeral at that same church once and instead of talking about the deceased and death and god the guy was talking church and politics.

when i heard he said that about my niece i swore the church off, but when someone told me on monday (and i read it on tues) about this poor kid who couldn't christen their god child because of this fuck wit, my blood boiled!

don't think the liverpool priest is above this. he has called macedonians who attend the other churches 'Presbyterians' and at a family friends house when christening water he refused to include any of the kids there who had been christened at roseberry or cabramatta.

THIS and these fuckwits are what is dividing our community.

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

and yet there are still those who believe that self appointed authority figures not only should be listened to blindly but that they are representatives of a god.

its so funny and so pathetic at the same time.

petar is a despicable person who happens to be a vladika and his 9th century world view and values have no place now

Comment

• indigen
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                                luge koga ke se razbudite becoming a bishop doesnt make you holy nor good and given the relationship between the mpc and the people who ran yugoslavia i would suggest that most of our clergy are opportunists called by the power of an easy and prestigious job, and not the teachings of jesus
                                I can't say about the ordinary priests but I fully agree that most of current "MPC - ohridska arheiposkopija" hierarchy would fit that bill.

I also find it strange that there was little to no opposition to renaming of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, which, IME, will in a couple of decades, if not much sooner, end up only as OA (with maybe MPC-OA for internal use only, as they are planning to do with the name of Macedonian state)

Comment

Working...
                                X