Macedonian Truth Forum

Macedonian Truth Forum (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/index.php)
-   News and Politics (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Macedonia and the European Union (http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9152)

Risto the Great 05-15-2011 08:42 AM

fyrOM, no comment from the anti-Macedonian on this? You said:

[QUOTE-Bozo]As it stands, their investments are relying on a promise or intent and not entirely secure.[/QUOTE]I have confirmed agreements are already in place. Are you happy with the agreements already in place? Do you know how much of the grants and loans went to EU consultants? Do you know anything?

fyrOM 05-15-2011 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=Risto the Great;98556]fyrOM, no comment from the anti-Macedonian on this? You said:

[QUOTE-Bozo]As it stands, their investments are relying on a promise or intent and not entirely secure.[/QUOTE]I have confirmed agreements are already in place. Are you happy with the agreements already in place? Do you know how much of the grants and loans went to EU consultants? Do you know anything?[/QUOTE]

RTG, lets say you were about to get married.
If your future wife had busineses/investments as you also do.
Bar a pre-nup, do you expect your finances will get mixed up or do you think everything will stay "what's mine is mine and what's yours is your."

If you think the later, then you better have a solid air-tight pre-nup, although this is near useless in Australia, or you better think about being 'friends with benefits'.

What do you think the EU is? Do one common union/currency/laws ect mean anything to you? or Macedonia will still be Totally Macedonia in every way?

A bit like - "but look" - "so?"

julie 05-15-2011 03:06 PM

how can one use a marriage with sovereignty and extinction of a country as an example? The grkomani and dushmani to our people would love you fyrom

Risto the Great 05-15-2011 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=fyrOM;98573]RTG, lets say you were about to get married.
If your future wife had busineses/investments as you also do.
Bar a pre-nup, do you expect your finances will get mixed up or do you think everything will stay "what's mine is mine and what's yours is your."

If you think the later, then you better have a solid air-tight pre-nup, although this is near useless in Australia, or you better think about being 'friends with benefits'.

What do you think the EU is? Do one common union/currency/laws ect mean anything to you? or Macedonia will still be Totally Macedonia in every way?[/QUOTE]
Thanks Bozo.
I would have hoped what is Macedonian remains Macedonia's property. But your powerful insight fueled by way too many handkerchiefs between the ears has helped me understand that Macedonia will lose even more by being a member of EU.

Bozo, you should read the Kama Sutra. It says to never marry above or below your caste because there will always be problems. It also might teach you a couple of other things but I doubt you would ever learn more than one position.

Vangelovski 05-15-2011 07:04 PM

[quote=julie;98584]how can one use a marriage with sovereignty and extinction of a country as an example? The grkomani and dushmani to our people would love you fyrom[/quote]
You've probably already noticed from everyone mocking him, but fyrOM always uses irrelevant and nonsensical analogies.

Currency Trader 05-15-2011 10:49 PM

[QUOTE=Rogi;97474]CT,

Given that the "EU standards and requirements" which you seem to hold on a pedestal, are the benchmarks that Macedonia's economy must meet in order to be ready for EU membership, what are the benefits, at that point, of joining the EU? [/QUOTE]

Benefits could be stronger FDI flows and more deeper integration of Macedonian companies with EU.

There is also the issue of being part of a European union with other countries instead of taking the path of isolation for a country of 2 million people. They've been islolated long enough, and the native Macedonian recognize that.

The EU standards on national institutions is part of the growth given that Macedonia run their institutions properly, which they should.

Currency Trader 05-15-2011 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=Risto the Great;97477]I was indicating that the countries that were doing well economically were already good before they went in. The ones that are rubbish now, were rubbish went they went in as well.[/QUOTE]

That depends on what you consider to be "doing well" economically before they became EU members. For example, Sweden did not do too well prior to joining EU. And even if there were countries who were structurally more sound than others, they joined EU for a reason.

George S. 05-15-2011 11:04 PM

isolation is not a factor when you consider the way macedonia is treated Macedonia should open up to other markets like chinaetc there are plenty of trading partners.Macedonia can make it's own way.It should do much better on it's own.Macedonia is nothing in the scheme of things in the eu it will simply be downtrodden.Macedonia's isolation for one is not it's fault it is the eu & greece together instead of helping they have turned to destroy macedonia.What makes you sure that once macedonia joins the eu the eu & specifically greece will stop at nothing to prevent them selves.I don't trust the eu or greece.It's not as rosy as you make it as there is a hidden agenda to destroy macedonia.
Macedonia when all is said & done does not need the eu to do well it can achieve it itself on it's own.
Also CT you dont mention once a country becomes a member the eu can come in & take the country's resources & give a pitance for them.You call that benefiting.There are a lot of countries wishing they never been part of the eu for that reason.What does macedonian offer the eu .Such a poor country has very little to offer .If they join the eu macedonia has a lot to lose ,they'll have very high unemployment not that it's low now.Hih inflation & other economic problems.

George S. 05-15-2011 11:17 PM

Also ct if it's so important for countries to go into the eu why do they have to wait so long.Look at how many countries are waiting what's the holdup?I don't know whether the eu has kept their promisses that when the countries joined they would get a package.I don't know whether they got it but hungary is a fine example they were promissed 30 billion euros for joining.Did they Get it????

Currency Trader 05-15-2011 11:39 PM

One thing does stand out.

Certain sections of diaspora Macedonians (in-particular those who have jobs, money in the bank and live 8000-15000 km away from Macedonia) have different view or ideas of EU than native Macedonians.

Bottom line, an overwhelming majority of ALL central, northern and eastern European counties have joined EU in the last 25 years. They didn't join EU if they didn't think they were going to benefit. These countries are developing progressively, some with higher pace some with slower pace.

Turkey has already a strong economic structure from years of development with special trade agreements with EU, but even they wish to join. Obviously, there is something that they think will benefit them.