X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

The end of Macedonia

After a fierce debate, the Law on Parliament has been adopted Monday afternoon by a Badinter majority principle.

Although requested by Brussels, no consensus has been reached prior to passing of the law that won backing by the deputies of VMRO DPMNE, DUI and SDSM only.

The outcome of today’s session showed that the coalition agreement is being implemented as VMRO DPMNE accepted DUI’s request for voting under the Badinter principle even without previous deal on this.

Some of the opposition lawmakers, especially those of LDP, accused that the Parliament is being held hostage of “the political wrangling and bargaining.” Some of the deputies pointed out at the fact that the law may be overthrown at the Constitutional Court.

The Law on Parliament is one of the three laws that Brussels requested to be adopted in order Macedonia to get a positive report from the European Commission and recommendation for start of the accession negotiations with EU.

Shortly before the adoption of the Law on Parliament, the Democratic Party of Albanians walked out of the parliament, as previously announced.

DPA’s deputy Imer Aliu said that the Parliament ignores the political will of the Albanians, citing as examples disregarding of the Law on Amnesty. He added that the Institute for Cultural and Spiritual Heritage of the Albanians is disrespectful of their national dignity.
    If I understand the above mumbled garbage, the Badinter principle will apply for votes in parliament such that the minority is given more voting power. This being the case, we might as well just nuke the country.

Macedonians will gain the upper hand when they become the minority in 50 years time.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • NikodimMKD
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

In 50 years, national borders in Europe will have no meaning. The same as they do in Brazil, the USA, or other federal states.

The EU pressured Macedonia to pass this law in order to receive good grades for eventual EU membership talks.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Hence my utter lack of interest in the EU.

But, the above text still requires clarification.
      Risto the Great

Comment

• I of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Well that’s all the Albanian “Political” party know what to do, make people hostages or turn various settings into hostage situations. They talk of more rights and democracy yet they neither know what democracy is nor follow it. A “political” party that walks out of parliament when ever they don’t get want they want is not something one would call a democratic process, especially when they are getting paid by the Macedonian populace to be in parliament, and yet the Albanians call their party the “Democratic” party.

I suggest those who walked out of parliament forfeit their wages for that day (or as further punishment for a week or two) and return in to the people, with an apology for undermining the country's own democracy.

If there is something they want they discuss it in Parliament under the normal known democratic procedures, not by walking out and then say we won’t return until you give us what we want. There will always be things that you can’t get because not everyone agrees on it, such is life, and such is the way democracies work.

However if it is in regards to basic human rights that’s are different matter, but simply walking out of parliament for something that allows a minority more voting power, I highly doubt the minority is being rejected and/or neglected its rights as all they want is merely a political tool for political leverage.

Could you imagine if in the USA the republicans walked out of parliament because they couldn’t get want they want and wouldn’t return until they got it, that would shatter the very foundation of a known working democracy. In fact it wouldn’t be known as a democracy any more but some strange twisted hybrid democracy.

Name me one other country in the Balkans that gives and allows their minorities so much democratic rights and power? Surely not the “cradle of democracy,” Greece.

This Badinter principle, is it intended for all minorities or just Albanians? Even though this is a stupid principle reserved only for politcal purposes I would hate to see other minorities being neglected just to appease Albanians (regardless of their numbers).

The ungrateful "democratic" Albanian party needs to stop bitching and start living and enjoy the most democratic nation in the region - not undermining it.
        Last edited by I of Macedon; 08-18-2009, 10:59 AM.
        No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Macedonian youths being beaten away by Albanian thugs IN MACEDONIA, to our country's shame and disgrace.

And that piece of garbage from Karposh that calls himself the mayor should just declare himself an Albanian. I am sick of these traitors and apologists.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• I of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

The Central Committee of the Democratic Party of Albanians (DPA) made official today the decision for boycotting the parliament’s activities.

DPA’s leader Menduh Thaci said that DPA would come back in the parliament once the current government steps down. As for the time being, we will operate out of the state institutions, Makfax’s correspondent cited Thaci as saying.

According to DPA’s president, “the boycott is a legitimate democratic institutions, which is being exercised in the developed world.”
            He believes it would have a positive effect at both the domestic political scene and the international factor.

As regards dropping out of Ruzhdi Matoshi and Bekim Fazliu from Nova Demokratija, Thaci said that he believed they would join DPA, same as the other deputies. /end/ nv

So the government that was elected overwhelmingly by the people should simply step down because Thaci said so. And wont return until that happens.
            Last edited by I of Macedon; 08-18-2009, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• I of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Macedonia's parliament adopted a new Law on Parliament after heated debate on Monday night, in a session boycotted by an opposition ethnic Albanian party.

The Democratic Party of Albanians, DPA , kept its pledge to boycott parliament from this week, in lieu of the collapse of the ruling coalition.

Explaining the boycott decision, DPA legislator Imer Aliu said that parliament has ignored "the political will of Albanians” for more than a year. The DPA alleges that the legislature has turned into a mechanism that foments crises through passing legislation at odds with the 2001 Ohrid Peace Accord.

Following the 2008 general election, the former coalition partner of the DPA, the ruling centre-right VMRO-DPMNE, chose to form a new government with a second ethnic Albanian party, the Democratic Union for Integration, DUI.

While requested by Brussels, no consensus was reached prior to the passage of the Law on Parliament. The bill won the backing of deputies from VMRO-DPMNE, DUI and the largest opposition party, the Social Democrats.

A third ethnic Albanian party, the opposition New Democracy, voted against the parliamentary law, demanding greater use of the Albanian language in the assembly.

Brussels requested the adoption of this law and several others as benchmarks Macedonia must fulfil to receive a positive report from the European Commission, EC. Macedonia hopes that this autumn's EC report will include a recommended date for the start of EU accession negotiations.

Last month, the parliament adopted amendments to the law on the financing of political parties, but still has to work on emendations to laws covering state administration and the official use of languages.

The DPA boycott is not a threat to the work of parliament as the party only has three deputies in the 120-seat parliament. However, it is feared that the boycott could bring into question the country's fulfillment of another EU benchmark: the maintenance of a positive political dialogue.

If Macedonia falls short, this would be the fourth year in a row, since the country became an EU candidate state in 2005, that it has failed to meet the necessary criteria for the initiation of accession talks.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                • Jan 2009

Group of Albanian students protests high school admission

About 80 ethnic Albanian students and their parents gathered today in front of the Macedonian Government to protest the right to be admitted to the Medical High School "Dr. Pance Karagjozov" without taking an entrance exam.

The students refuse to take the exam for simple enough reason: They can't pass it, neither in Macedonian nor in their native tong.

While Macedonians and other ethnicities scored over 90th percentile in order to gain admission to the prestigious medical high school, ethnic Albanians, the ones who took the exam scored in the low 40's.

The only qualifications the protesters claim is being Albanians, hence should be admitted without questions.

Faced with insufficient and in most cases basic knowledge in Biology, Chemistry, Language, the only way the ethnic Albanians may gain admission to the school is via protests. Though this option may seem strange to the protesting students, they could have used their protest time to read up and learn something, this way may help them avoid posting embarassing marks on their exams.

Would anyone want to be a patient to these future 'doctors' ?

Geezzz, it just doesn't end with these people...Never enough Never good enough..
                Fcuken go to Albania and try your luck there...
                The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

It is truly pathetic, to think that because they are Albanian they have an automatic right to enter these institutions despite the miserable exam scores, while Macedonians, Vlachs, Turks and Roma go through the proper channels.

Thaci and all who think like him should cross the Shar and return to their real homes, Macedonia does not want or need people like them.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

What interesting times.
                    The ethnic Albanians are either feeling ignorantly empowered or something far more sinister is going on with the help of outside intervention.

I am positive it will force a hand or two as a consequence.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

This is appalling.

The message I am getting after reading that article is that Brussels is interfering in our internal affairs, and being allowed to.

The Macedonians need to learn how to say "No thankyou" to Brussels - and every other organizations that does not recognize us.

Again, these Macedonian politicians are adopting destabilizing actions, as though the legality and legitimacy of the Macedonian State was hanging in the balance. How does one become "legitimate" by negotiating their legitimacy? Europe is saying give us your identity, and we will give you political recognition? We already have it. We are already legal and already legitimate. When will they realize that, and act accordingly.?
                      Last edited by Pelister; 08-18-2009, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        What interesting times.
                        The ethnic Albanians are either feeling ignorantly empowered or something far more sinister is going on with the help of outside intervention.

Too much outside interference, but the Macedonians are letting them run the country too.

Comment

• DedoAleko
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          What interesting times.

So many "coincidences" in such a short period (the one with the swimmingpool,the Komiti-Nerezi fight,this with the school, b.c.'s statement about riots, the cases with the "bulgarian" citizens...).
                          Something is cooking (?)
                          p.s. hi everybody I'm Dedo Aleko
                          UNITED WE CAN!

Comment

• Venom
                            • Sep 2008

Truly a sad state of affairs. The shiptari are the new Ottomans and they are taking over everything legally.
                            S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

Working...
                            X