Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 05-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of
Default Could he be Macedonian?

Reading an interesting article and stumbled across this...Vassilis Angelopoulos, sounds very much like one of those new Greek names, altered by the neo nazi Greek regime using very little imagination...could this person actually be Macedonian?

http://news.discovery.com/space/sola...on-themis.html
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
Commander Bond

Commander Bond is on a distinguished road

He just may be. Perhaps we should ask him?

A highly educated person. Good on him.

Education.
B.S. in Physics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, June 1, 1986.
M.S. in Physics, UCLA, June 1, 1988.
Ph.D. in Physics with specialization in Space Plasma Physics, UCLA, April 1, 1993.

Here is a little extra on him.

http://science.jpl.nasa.gov/people/Angelopoulos/
Commander Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #3
Soldier of Macedon

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Aside from the name, what makes you think he may be Macedonian, Phoenix?
Old 05-11-2011, 04:45 AM   #4
George S.

George S. is on a distinguished road

I couldn't hep it as i'm interested in finding out.We should get an answer as i've emailed him on his two email addresses & let him know that he can let us know if he's macedonian.

Last edited by George S.; 05-11-2011 at 04:55 AM. Reason: edit
George S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #5
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
I'm primarily going by the name SoM, I know nashi that have the 'opoulos' ending in their surname...

I reckon the 100% prosfygi tend to be called more creative names like Archimedes, Aristotle and my personal prosfyga favourite, Neophytos...whilst Vassilis is a little closer to 'home' if you know what I mean...

Educated at the University of Thessaloniki could suggest a native of Aegean Macedonia.

I understand its not cutting edge detective work by any means...
Old 05-11-2011, 05:48 AM   #6
fyrOM
Banned

fyrOM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
To borrow SoM's question and add to it - Why do you care? If a Macedonian chooses to identify as a Macedonian he will, particularly in the freedom of the USA, and if they don't want to - bugger them.
fyrOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrOM View Post
To borrow SoM's question and add to it - Why do you care? If a Macedonian chooses to identify as a Macedonian he will, particularly in the freedom of the USA, and if they don't want to - bugger them.
Pheonix, fyrOM is right. For example, if a Macedonian chooses to identify as a fyromian, then bugger them - they're not worth the trouble and they'll never understand why "FYROM" is bad, regardless of which fancy club the name tag gets you into.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #8
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrOM View Post
Just curious...
Old 05-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #9
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelovski View Post
Pheonix, fyrOM is right. For example, if a Macedonian chooses to identify as a fyromian, then bugger them - they're not worth the trouble and they'll never understand why "FYROM" is bad, regardless of which fancy club the name tag gets you into.
...lol

fyrOM has some strange ideas about identity...its pathetic that he would comment on somebody elses identity when he has such low regard for his own...
Old 05-11-2011, 06:11 AM   #10
fyrOM
Banned

fyrOM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelovski View Post
Good point...

but...

FY(i)ROM will you buy a pane ticket and join Gruevski at his street party when the FY are dropped...

and...

more importantly, after publicly calling him a traitor, would you dare to drink a toast to him there in public - I'll even buy a round if you do?

Last edited by fyrOM; 05-13-2011 at 11:33 AM.
fyrOM is offline   Reply With Quote