Clear All
  • Pesijazal
    • Sep 2008

Thats on one of my PC's :rmacedonia

Comment

• Orovnichanec
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Orion View Post
      About the resource consumption it isn't true as it is deception. My system runs with 80% of the resources completely free.
      I have to disagree with this statement, because in actuality Vista out of the box is a resource hog like no other operating system ever created, but as you stated you can do many things to fix that if your computer savvy.

So to say its a deception I disagree, but you are correct where you say you can fix that.
      "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• makedonin
          • Sep 2008

Hey Bratot, just curious. Do you have Acer laptop?

I recognize some of the Acer software shiped with my Acer Aspire.

It maybe that I am wrong.
          To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

Ya, correct. I work on Acer laptop.
            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Jankovska
              • Sep 2008

I have a photo of me, is that sad? hihihi

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

Depends on the photo

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                  Depends on the photo

Oh it;s one hell of a photo

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Ummm, I have a private email address you can send that to.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

Anyone interested of migrating from Windows should try Linux Mint, it is a very easy to use distribution based on Ubuntu but with several tweaks making it into a much easier experience if you are coming from Windows.

Go here to read more about it and download it for free:
                      Linux Mint is an elegant, easy to use, up to date and comfortable desktop operating system.

Here is a screen shot of the desktop:
                      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

These linux distros excite me until I start getting more confident .... then I end up going back to XP so I can get the job done faster.

Is it much better than Ubuntu Daskale? I might give it a go just for the hell of it.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          These linux distros excite me until I start getting more confident .... then I end up going back to XP so I can get the job done faster.

Is it much better than Ubuntu Daskale? I might give it a go just for the hell of it.
                          It really is, I started using it a couple of weeks ago and it is really good, everything worked right out of the box, I see no reason to run any form of Windows when Linux is this great.
                          You do not have to care about antivirus programs that hogs your system resources etc..
                          Splendid work, just download the ISO-file, and burn it with your favourite burning software, then just pop the CD into you reader and reboot your system, then the Live-CD will kick in, you can try the distribution out without even installing it, it will be loaded into the RAM of your computer, thus not installing itself on your harddrive.... isn't that just great?
                          This is really good, because this way you can test the distribution and see if it is compatible with your hardware.
                          Smart programmers those Linux developers are.....

It even works better with my laptop, Vista/XP had their share of bugs with it, but not Linux Mint, strange.....

Comment

• makedonin
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                            Anyone interested of migrating from Windows should try Linux Mint, it is a very easy to use distribution based on Ubuntu but with several tweaks making it into a much easier experience if you are coming from Windows.
                            I have been using Mint for few months, some years ago.

Now I am trying to run elive gem on my stupid laptop. Drivers are not loading.

Mint is great.
                            To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                              I have been using Mint for few months, some years ago.

Now I am trying to run elive gem on my stupid laptop. Drivers are not loading.

Mint is great.
                              Makedonin, I did try Linux Mint a few years ago, I think it was Linux Mint 4, but the latest version is lightyears from that version it is so much better.
                              You get all the software you need free with the distribution cd, an office-suite called OpenOffice it has all functions of the Microsoft equivalent, web browser, email program, picture/photo editor, media player..... the list is long, if it is not included it is easy to find and download, everything free. It cannot get better than free stuff.....

Comment

• makedonin
                                • Sep 2008

I believe you Daskalot.

Things change all the time.

Go Mint

Sadly, I still need XP for this and that. But now I am planning to install XP on Virtual Server under Linux, thus no need to have it on HD.

Comment

Working...
                                X