X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Human Rights of Macedonians in Macedonia

Macedonia clearly has problems. We have learned it's newly appointed Justice & Defense ministers are ethnic Albanians. They have obvious and logical connections to Kosovo and Albania. They would in no way be sympathetic to the most obvious threat to Macedonians in this day and age, the Greater Albania agenda. In fact, only a very optimistic and deranged view would suggest their appointments will help to subside any apparent ethnic tensions.

Macedonia is desperate to enter the EU. It has made numerous concessions that have impacted upon the sovereignty of the nation just to appease any/all of its detractors. Playing games with the Macedonian identity and its symbols is par for the course. Implementing the Framework Agreement such that the Macedonian majority does not have a final say on issues of identity (amongst other things) is just part of the absurdity. Making protection of its own industries illegal is an example of one of the many "benefits" of joining the EU accession program. Macedonia has already signed away this right.

We now have a divided Macedonian community WITHIN Macedonia. I have coined a term for the pro EU Macedonians. They are what I call European Macedonians (or Eurodonians). They are willing to do whatever it takes to get into the EU and feel that they will be rewarded with riches beyond belief once they get in. A better life for all is the myth that they cling to. They look North and see the wealth trickling down. There are also Eurodonians in the Diaspora. Admittedly not as many.

There are other Macedonians. They are simply "Macedonians". Some of them think the EU might be alright but are certainly not willing to compromise their identity over the possibility. Some of these have tried to create political parties. Some have tried to publish their opinions. They seem to be non-existent from a media perspective yet voice many of the concerns of many Macedonians in Macedonia.

I believe the "Macedonians" (as opposed to the Eurodonians) in Macedonia are not being looked after. They need to be nurtured & supported by us in the Diaspora. They are the forgotten Macedonians in Macedonia and are a minority. Perhaps they should establish themselves as a distinct ethnicity and enjoy the benefits of other minorities in Macedonia.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • El Bre
    • Sep 2008

I believe the "Macedonians" (as opposed to the Eurodonians) in Macedonia are not being looked after. They need to be nurtured & supported by us in the Diaspora. They are the forgotten Macedonians in Macedonia and are a minority. Perhaps they should establish themselves as a distinct ethnicity and enjoy the benefits of other minorities in Macedonia.
    You may be on to something there.

Comment

• Zarni
      Banned
      • May 2011

Perhaps they should establish themselves as a distinct ethnicity and enjoy the benefits of other minorities in Macedonia
      Not as far fetched as some may think, but why oh why should it come to this.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Because the Eurodonians are running the asylum.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
        X