Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2015, 08:50 PM   #21
Nikolaj
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 389
Nikolaj is on a distinguished road
Default

George don't be fooled to why the Greeks members can read these inscriptions, nothing a Katharevousa can't fix

Niko you're doing a great job focusing on specifics, I really wish we could have more of this.
Nikolaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:22 PM   #22
TheNikoWhiteIch
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 111
TheNikoWhiteIch is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
George don't be fooled to why the Greeks members can read these inscriptions, nothing a Katharevousa can't fix

Niko you're doing a great job focusing on specifics, I really wish we could have more of this.
Fala brat! I'm just trying to stay on topic. We all know how arguments about the ancient Macedonian language would go, so I'm trying to avoid that here and stick to just the inscriptions. I'll post some in Slavic (Old Macedonian) eventually so stay tuned!
TheNikoWhiteIch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:16 AM   #23
George S.
Senior Member
 
George S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,116
George S. is on a distinguished road
Default

Have you seen what the real people have studied about the ancient macedonian language.Its not greek its a stand alone macedonian language.A distinct language.You can't say they just spoke greek only?If you do that's a lie.I didn't say YOU are jumping to conclussions i meant people like amphipolis who beleive everything what they are told that macedonians were greeks.We know that they weren't one race they were two different races.I beleive that the macedonians didn't count in simply greek,They had their own terminology.
Are you going to beleive someone like amphipolis who has multiple accounts and has in the past masqueraded as a number of banned greeks from this forum.?
So who are you going to beleive a liar and a propagandist???
__________________
"Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
GOTSE DELCEV

Last edited by George S.; 09-01-2015 at 06:19 AM.
George S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:14 AM   #24
Amphipolis
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,328
Amphipolis is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNikoWhiteIch View Post
I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I never said that the ancient Macedonian language was Greek, I said that the inscriptions found in Macedonia are written in different Greek dialects with a few peculiarities. These are 2 different statements.
I canít see a dialect or any peculiarities but thatís maybe because (a) Iím not an expert and (b) inscriptions are usually very very very short and synoptic. There are not even sentences there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNikoWhiteIch View Post
Interesting. Whose tomb do you suppose it is? This guy Ketrizis?
I guess so, unless Iím awfully wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George S. View Post
I didn't mean you it was meant for someone else who thinks it was all greek.(jumping to conclusions).Who is counting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNikoWhiteIch View Post
Jumping to conclusions about what exactly? The fact is the members here who know Greek are able to read the inscriptions. This is unrelated to what we believe about the ancient Macedonian language. Let's just avoid unnecessary arguments and focus on the topic of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
George don't be fooled to why the Greeks members can read these inscriptions, nothing a Katharevousa can't fix
Itís certainly ALL Greek (or Latin). What made you think differently to start with? Had you ever heard that inscriptions in Macedonia are in an unknown non-deciphered language or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George S. View Post
Have you seen what the real people have studied about the ancient macedonian language.Its not greek its a stand alone macedonian language.A distinct language.You can't say they just spoke greek only?If you do that's a lie.I didn't say YOU are jumping to conclussions i meant people like amphipolis who beleive everything what they are told that macedonians were greeks.We know that they weren't one race they were two different races.I beleive that the macedonians didn't count in simply greek,They had their own terminology.
Are you going to beleive someone like amphipolis who has multiple accounts and has in the past masqueraded as a number of banned greeks from this forum.?
So who are you going to beleive a liar and a propagandist???
First of all, there are not many ways to count. The Greek numerical system, just as the Latin one and others is a decimal one. For instance, 2015 in Greek is ,βιεí while in Latin is MMXV.
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:20 AM   #25
George S.
Senior Member
 
George S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,116
George S. is on a distinguished road
Default

I dont care about your greek numerals where are the macedonian numerals?Don't tell me there areen't any because there must be.You are avoiding the question that you aren't welcome to this forum as you will only tell it from the greek side only.You are totally biased.What do we care for your greek numerals.?
__________________
"Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
GOTSE DELCEV

Last edited by George S.; 09-01-2015 at 07:22 AM.
George S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:49 AM   #26
TheNikoWhiteIch
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 111
TheNikoWhiteIch is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by George S. View Post
I dont care about your greek numerals where are the macedonian numerals?Don't tell me there areen't any because there must be.You are avoiding the question that you aren't welcome to this forum as you will only tell it from the greek side only.You are totally biased.What do we care for your greek numerals.?
We don't know what ancient Macedonian numerals were like. But there are Greek numerals on these inscriptions; that's a fact. We know even less about what the ancient Macedonian numbers were like. We can only guess based on a few words that are said to be Macedonian. For example, "Ana dromos" was translated as "9 (Ana) roads (dromos)" and there's the toponym "Otto-lobos" meaning "8 Hills". The word for 9 seems to be distinct from the Greek "Ennea" while "Otto-lobos" mayhave been the Latin version of "Okto-lofos" which is pure Greek. Unless there are other Macedonian numbers I don't know about, that's all
TheNikoWhiteIch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:52 AM   #27
TheNikoWhiteIch
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 111
TheNikoWhiteIch is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by George S. View Post
Have you seen what the real people have studied about the ancient macedonian language.Its not greek its a stand alone macedonian language.A distinct language.You can't say they just spoke greek only?If you do that's a lie.I didn't say YOU are jumping to conclussions i meant people like amphipolis who beleive everything what they are told that macedonians were greeks.We know that they weren't one race they were two different races.I beleive that the macedonians didn't count in simply greek,They had their own terminology.
Are you going to beleive someone like amphipolis who has multiple accounts and has in the past masqueraded as a number of banned greeks from this forum.?
So who are you going to beleive a liar and a propagandist???
Where did Amphipolis try to convince us of the "Greekness" of the Macedonians on this thread to start an argument? I must have missed that.
TheNikoWhiteIch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:11 AM   #28
Amphipolis
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,328
Amphipolis is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNikoWhiteIch View Post
For example, "Ana dromos" was translated as "9 (Ana) roads (dromos)"...
I've heard of Ennea Odoi but what is this? Era? Place? Source?
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #29
TheNikoWhiteIch
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 111
TheNikoWhiteIch is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphipolis View Post
I've heard of Ennea Odoi but what is this? Era? Place? Source?
This should let you download the PDF; I believe "ana-dromos" is on here:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...luC3qw&cad=rja
TheNikoWhiteIch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:12 PM   #30
TheNikoWhiteIch
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 111
TheNikoWhiteIch is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphipolis View Post
It’s certainly ALL Greek (or Latin). What made you think differently to start with? Had you ever heard that inscriptions in Macedonia are in an unknown non-deciphered language or something?
Unknown, non-deciphered language: here. Also, as I pointed out, I'm talking about the whole region of Macedonia from different time periods, so you'll see Latin and Slavic on this thread. Of course the earliest epigraphy (as far as I know) is in Greek. Also, looking at the epigraphy from earlier time periods we see that much remains non-deciphered, like the Dispilio Tablet (click). These are all inscriptions worth looking at and trying to interpret.
TheNikoWhiteIch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump