• Jan 2009

Bratot here is something else I found for this topic;

The kings and their hawks: falconry in medieval England By Robin S. Oggins
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
      Ok Bratot after reviewing your evidence I have a few questions.

1) Was the Eagle a big part of the peasant (average) class in Macedonia?
      I have no measurable technique to provide such answer.

It is preserved mostly because of it's careful and significant usage of the higher/educated classes but also shown pretty much wide familiarity among the Christian part of the Macedonians related to the tradition, also we have found it in several families as private Coat of Arms.

2) Do you consider the predatory bird dispalyed in this topic as something that has followed into the modern Macedonians time?
      Yes

3) Could it be that the predatory bird was nothing more than symbology for the elite?
      No, not only for the elite, since it has it's simbolical meaning in the folk songs and tales.

4) Was the act of 'Falconry' itself widespread in Macedonia? Or was it game only for the upper, educated classes? And is this a widespread tradition in Macedonia today?
      We should not focus only on the 'falconry' but the general symbolic meaning of the birds in our tradition.

It is noted that the Macedonian falconry of ancient times has influenced many other Royal houses from Roman and Western side.
      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Fair enough Bratot. Would you say that Fish could also fall into the Macedonian category of symbolism? Here's something I found that may interest many of you?

Fly Fishing: A Life in Mid-Stream By Turhan Tirana
        Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 07-27-2010, 09:19 AM.
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

I am not able to answer positively on your question based only on the one page provided here.

If we look at the ancient mosaics they are surelly depicting many animal kinds, but of a significant symbolism or attachment to some we can testify the Goat, Lion, Grifin, Eagle/Hawk and the Macedonian Mastiff.
          We cannot provide evidence of unbroken employment in our cultural tradition for all of them but we can testify their significance for our ancestors.
          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Daniel the Great
            • Nov 2009

scene from the wooden casket from Terachina, c.IX century
            (Possible Macedonian origin)
            The “attacking” act also appears in one composition of the wooden casket from Terachina, Italy, dated c.IX century. Although there are several hypotheses about its origin, some scholars attribute it to the Balkan i.e. Macedonian territory. The eagle is represented standing on, or grabbing an animal which resembles a deer.

A Macedonian falcon i hard to find but i managed to find one example.

Comment

• Serdarot
              • Feb 2010

Makedonski (Antropoloshki) Onomastikon:

Sokol
              Sokole
              Sokle
              Shikle

Sokolov
              Sokle(v)ski
              Shiklev(ski)

i drugi
              Bratot:
              Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Eddie_rebel
                • Nov 2009

Одлична тема

Падобранската единица за специјални намени се вика Сокол, и делува под мотото “Само оној сокол што го бие ветер е цврст и јак”

Постои и караула со името Сокол

Едно од најстарите ловечки друштва во Македонија основано во 1924 година, од 1951 година го носи името Сокол

СОКОЛарци е село во Општина Чешиново-Облешево, во околината на градот Кочани.

Wiki вели

Потеклото на името Соколарци, доаѓа од името „Соколар“ коешто во времето на Отоманската империја во XV, XVI и XVII век, било име за професија на луѓе кои се занимавале со одгледување на соколи за воени цели, и за што овие луѓе - соколари биле плаќани од државната каса на Отоманската империја
                А кој да знае можеби и пред Османлиите, векови наназад луѓето од тоа место одгледувале соколи.

Comment

• Sokoly
                  • Jun 2012

Sokoli vo voeni celi? Vo otomansko? Nenene

Prvpat se upotrebeni od nacistichka germanija kako presretnuvachi na gulabite pismonosci so koi sojuznicite komunicirale.
                  Imeno eden od tie odgleduvachi na gulabi pismonosci bil reuter cij gulab prv ja prenel vesta za dvizenjeta na okupatorot vo London. Od tamu doagja i poznatata "javuva reuters".

Za poveke okolu Sokolarstvoto vo Makedonija - www.sokolarstvo.com.mk

Pozdrav
                  Last edited by Sokoly; 06-13-2012, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X