X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Brilliant.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Delodephius
      • Sep 2008

The song is from a manuscript containing texts used during holy mass, written in the Glagolitic alphabet. It is also the oldest known Old Church Slavonic manuscript known today!

(Folia 4, Page b, starts at Line 7.)

Last edited by Delodephius; 03-18-2009, 04:27 AM.
      अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
      उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
      This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
      But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Sarafot
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
        The song is from a manuscript containing texts used during holy mass, written in the Glagolitic alphabet. It is also the oldest known Old Church Slavonic manuscript known today!

(Folia 4, Page b, starts at Line 7.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiev_Missal
        Thomas are you ORTHODOX,or CATHOLIC?
        Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
        - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Delodephius
          • Sep 2008

Lutheran

of the Slovak Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession to be exact. And I'm proud of it. Even though only 10% of Slovaks are Lutherans over 90% of the greatest figures in Slovak history were Lutherans. Our revolutionaries, writers, reformers, generals and politicians were almost all Lutheran. The rest of the Slovaks are mostly Catholics but they produced very few known individuals.

But by my own belief system I'm an Agnostic and don't believe in the Abrahamic god.
          Last edited by Delodephius; 03-19-2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• makedonin
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
            Also, I'm no linguist, but dipa might be an archaic form of the word dupka, which means 'hole'.
            Or consider dialectical the verb "dupe"> to drill a hole, "synonim for ass" as oposed to dialectical noun "pupa"> "camber", "arch", "dome".

You could be right.
            To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Delodephius
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              The above recorded sounds nothing like modern Greek.
              This is what I notice (not talking about SoM, but in general about most Macedonian members here):
              Most don't know the difference between Ancient Greek and Neo-Greek pronunciation. For example: β is /b/ not /v/, δ is /d/ not /th/, η is a long /e/ not long /i/, etc. or graphic clusters: ντ is /nt/ not /d/, μπ is /mp/ not /b/, etc.

Also, word θαλασσα - sea, in Ancient Greek was θαλαττα. I think the word talas in South Slavic is of later Greek origin. In West Slavic languages word vlna is used for a wave.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                • Sep 2008

ancient what ???

dont belive him brakja, he´s a wannabe scientist and spreads knowingly false informations.
                1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Delodephius
                  • Sep 2008

When you prove that the ancient Greeks spoke no language and were mute, then I'll believe you there was no such thing as Ancient Greek language.

Comment

• Sarafot
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
                    This is what I notice (not talking about SoM, but in general about most Macedonian members here):
                    Most don't know the difference between Ancient Greek and Neo-Greek pronunciation. For example: β is /b/ not /v/, δ is /d/ not /th/, η is a long /e/ not long /i/, etc. or graphic clusters: ντ is /nt/ not /d/, μπ is /mp/ not /b/, etc.

Also, word θαλασσα - sea, in Ancient Greek was θαλαττα. I think the word talas in South Slavic is of later Greek origin. In West Slavic languages word vlna is used for a wave.
                    Nemoj bre burazeru da pričaš gluposti,pa znamo mi '' sve potiče iz Grčke''

Na vikipedi sam našao ovo BASILIUS of MACEDON = KING of MACEDON, Basilus-man in power-signifies "sovereign" or "king". It is perhaps best known in English as a title used by Byzantine emperors.

Pa mora da si glup da ne primetiš da da u suštini znači VASILIUS,znači VO SILI in power in deed,čovek na vlasti!!

Aj nemoj da zajebavaš.
                    Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• Delodephius
                      • Sep 2008

If I remember correctly, I was one of the first people on Maknews, like 3 years ago who said Basileus is originally a Slavic word, meaning "one in power". Frankly, I feel insulted by you new guys who act as if you discovered hot water. Most things you guys talk about now was discussed by me, SoM, Yannis, and others back in 2005 on Maknews. And many of what you think as a fresh discovery was already considered old stuff by us back then.

Comment

• Delodephius
                        • Sep 2008

Second of all, I don't know what you made up in that windy head of yours, but I have always supported the idea that Macedonians are descendants of the Ancient Macedonians, and I always stood by Macedonians in the fight against modern Greek nationalists and chauvinists. I may not consider Macedonians as being someone better than others, and I sure will stand for what I think is correct even if you Macedonians don't agree with it.

If you made up your mind about me that I'm some Pan-Slavist or that I am this bad guy who spreads lies about history, then you are pathetic. Your understanding of history is political, its a game of bad guys VS good guys. You don't care about being truthful and correct, all you care is that Macedonia and Macedonians be the good guys who are always right and everyone else is wrong. Keep playing your game but keep me out of it.

Comment

• Sarafot
                          • Dec 2008

Sory Tomas,it was ment like joke,not the way to insult you,actualy i realy like you.

Pozdrav

Comment

• Delodephius
                            • Sep 2008

I don't like that kind of jokes from people I don't know.

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dimko-piperkata View Post
                              slovak, the orginal version is in old macedonian language written.
                              dont waste your time to compare a fake with a fake, wake up.
                              You might have a point there Dimko. I am not sure if you or anyone else have read this. I only just came across it and will read it thoroughly
                              Then make some comments. I apoligise if i am late at the party and its old news.

Slavic Elements in Homer

An extract from the book The House of Macedon - A Living Bible of Light
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

I think the 'Slavic elements' in Homer's writing needs to be examined properly, so we can determine wether or not it is a waste of time, or if it is something worth promoting. We can't keep allowing large claims to be made by Macedonians if the evidence is lacking or not transparent.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X