X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

+1 for Popovic.

How about that arrogant prick Lucas Neill. He really needs to just give it up and step down. One of the most selfish players going around.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Guus has the reputation of an instant mirical worker when he comes to a team and works with what he's got. Ange is more known for building a side and finding young talent.

Guus creates a system that best suits the team he has to lead.
      While Ange is uncompromising as he expects his teams to develop into a system that Ange wants them to play. Perfect example is with Victory, no instant success and only just now are the players adjusting to his style.

Now.....with Brazil 2014 just around the corner, it's the wrong timing to start building a side and a style. We need a quick fix to get the best out of what we've got, a perfect scenario for Guus to step into. Again, it's a type of situation that has built Guus's reputation.

It's unrealistic to expect Australia to pass the group stages. What the aim now should be is just being competitive and avoid 6-0 type of embarrassments. The building process should begin after the WC and Ange would be the perfect man for the job. But for now, my vote goes to Guus Hidink.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

Looks like Ange has got the gig. Will be interesting to see how Victory cope without him at the helm. If Muscat the dog takes over my hatred of the club will increase twofold. He is as bad as they come in terms of being a dirty player that sets out to harm other players as opposed to playing the game.

Hopefully Ange can bring something positive to the NT. Last time he was in charge of one of the National Youth Squads he copped a fair bit of criticism (especially that Craig Foster interview). I agree with you Bill. I think given the timing, a proven international coach would've been the way to go...with the likes of Ange of another Aussie taking over after the WC. I think he needs to be given time to develop the squad and tailor it to his style. I can't see this appointment doing much in terms of our WC performance. It is more than likely that we won't make it through the first round. I'd love to be proven wrong though, of course.

Comment

• United MKD
          • Jul 2011

We won't make it past the group stage, however if we try to play some decent football as his Brisbane Roar and Victory did at times I'll be pleased. I'm happy that we won't have pensioners playing for the NT anymore.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
            Looks like Ange has got the gig. Will be interesting to see how Victory cope without him at the helm. If Muscat the dog takes over my hatred of the club will increase twofold. He is as bad as they come in terms of being a dirty player that sets out to harm other players as opposed to playing the game.

Hopefully Ange can bring something positive to the NT. Last time he was in charge of one of the National Youth Squads he copped a fair bit of criticism (especially that Craig Foster interview). I agree with you Bill. I think given the timing, a proven international coach would've been the way to go...with the likes of Ange of another Aussie taking over after the WC. I think he needs to be given time to develop the squad and tailor it to his style. I can't see this appointment doing much in terms of our WC performance. It is more than likely that we won't make it through the first round. I'd love to be proven wrong though, of course.
            I think FFA have lost the plot...

They've given him a farkin 5 year deal...that's some crazy shit!
            I hope FFA have a good escape clause that doesn't cost them a million dollars per year if they pull the plug early (as I expect)

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Ange........da mu go ebam turskoto pleme.

What Greece has done to EU,
              Ange has done the same to Vicotry (ne eba vo gas)
              No wander they call it Greek style.

Melbourne victory board should be hung for releasing Ange and not telling the FFA to get f----d. Ange was under contract and he should have been made to fulfill his contract. Instead, not only was he allowed to break this contract (forced by the FFA) no compensation is awarded to the club. I'm surprised Victory wasn't made to pay his wages as a NT coach, which I'm sure it would have been achievable if Lowie tried, the Victory board is that dunce.

If you think I'm angry, how would Mark Milligan feel right now?
              Thanks to this traitorous hypocrite Greek, Only weeks ago, Miligan was blocked from living a dream of playing in the EPL for Crystal Palace which would have possibly set him and his family up financially for life only now to see Ange going to greener pastures. A dog act by Ange.

Is Ange a good coach? Im not entirely convinced. Have a look at Melbourne Victory's current playing list,
              * Miligan, Thompson, Nichols, Pain, Troisi, Coe...... All have been selected for the Socceroos recently, some have played regularly (and were stand outs) some knocking on the door.

*Galloway.......represented NT under 20's a few months back

* Traore.......was talked about being a certain right back for the Socceroos after his citizenship only to be recently told by FIFA he was in eligible due to representing Ivory Coast as a Junior

* P Contreras...... A Chilean Interntional player and not long ago played in Champions League for Olympiakos that defeated Arsenal.

* Barbarousas......Kiwi international

My point is, Victory has such a talented, experienced side.........bias aside, we are miles ahead of any other A League side (talent wise) but so far under Ange, we couldn't beat Heart (Sory EM) and we are only 2 points from 2 games ?????

Then why am i angry at him leaving Melbourne Victory?
              I would have been happy to see him go at the end of this season if with a list like Victory has we didn't win both Championship and Grand Final, but to leave after round 2 which will unsettle the club, No compensation from the FFA, ...........and to make things worse he will be replaced by KM is not ideal.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                • Nov 2009

What happened to Guus?
                Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• United MKD
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post

Melbourne victory board should be hung for releasing Ange and not telling the FFA to get f----d. Ange was under contract and he should have been made to fulfill his contract. Instead, not only was he allowed to break this contract (forced by the FFA) no compensation is awarded to the club. I'm surprised Victory wasn't made to pay his wages as a NT coach, which I'm sure it would have been achievable if Lowie tried, the Victory board is that dunce.

Thanks to this traitorous hypocrite Greek, Only weeks ago, Miligan was blocked from living a dream of playing in the EPL for Crystal Palace which would have possibly set him and his family up financially for life only now to see Ange going to greener pastures. A dog act by Ange.

Is Ange a good coach? Im not entirely convinced. Have a look at Melbourne Victory's current playing list,
                  * Miligan, Thompson, Nichols, Pain, Troisi, Coe...... All have been selected for the Socceroos recently, some have played regularly (and were stand outs) some knocking on the door.

* Traore.......was talked about being a certain right back for the Socceroos after his citizenship only to be recently told by FIFA he was in eligible due to representing Ivory Coast as a Junior

* P Contreras...... A Chilean Interntional player and not long ago played in Champions League for Olympiakos that defeated Arsenal.

My point is, Victory has such a talented, experienced side.........bias aside, we are miles ahead of any other A League side (talent wise) but so far under Ange, we couldn't beat Heart (Sory EM) and we are only 2 points from 2 games ?????

I would have been happy to see him go at the end of this season if with a list like Victory has we didn't win both Championship and Grand Final, but to leave after round 2 which will unsettle the club, No compensation from the FFA, ...........and to make things worse he will be replaced by KM is not ideal.
                  Yep. All are very valid points!

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                    • Jul 2012

I dont think I know enough about Postecoglou to make a comment about whether he was a good signing for the National Team. I do hope we can at least be competitive in Brazil and give it our best shot. The rebuilding should begin after Brazil.

In other news the Sydney Derby is on this weekend and I am absolutely pumped !! I have a HSC exam on Monday but why not have a break and go lose my voice in the RBB
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post

Great analysis Bill, agree with most of what you've said.

I'd also question his credentials. Victory went into this season as title favourites and it's fair to say they've struggled so far. It's still way too early to make judgement calls, but to be on 2 points after 2 games isn't ideal for them. I was fairly happy with a share of the points between both Melbourne sides, given their respective ambitions this season. Although, Heart at a solid squad, in particular defensively (which has been a problem in the past). Once Mifsud and Kewell are fit to play, and with the return of Engelaar next season, there is quite a bit of optimism around. In terms of Victory's game against Adelaide, they were very being very risky leaving it until 2-0 before they changed up a gear.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                        I dont think I know enough about Postecoglou to make a comment about whether he was a good signing for the National Team. I do hope we can at least be competitive in Brazil and give it our best shot. The rebuilding should begin after Brazil.

In other news the Sydney Derby is on this weekend and I am absolutely pumped !! I have a HSC exam on Monday but why not have a break and go lose my voice in the RBB
                        Speaking of exams, my last one is on the day of the Melb Heart v WSW match. So it's straight from the exam room, to the pub and then to aami park. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Football is a very fickle beast and before we get swamped by this Postecoglou nonsense let me remind you that if it weren't for a couple of last minute acts of tin 'arseness' and a very dubious refereeing decision, postecoglou's A-League credentials could be sitting at 2 runner up placings and Graham Arnold could be the one that everybody is depending on to drag the Socceroo's, kicking and screaming out of the football wilderness...

Five farking years...the FFA are morons!

Surely the better option would be to renegotiate the contract after the 2015 Asia Cup?

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                            • Jul 2012

Will be funny to see the Turk put the socceroos back 5 years. Craig Foster will no doubt have a go at him again lol

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                              • Jan 2010

Anyone here listened to some of the commentary of the A-League on SEN? They are broadcasting every Heart and Victory game this season, and I was fairly happy with that...but the standard of commentary is absolutely crap. If it's the same American bloke who does every match, then there's virtually no point in tuning in.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                                Anyone here listened to some of the commentary of the A-League on SEN? They are broadcasting every Heart and Victory game this season, and I was fairly happy with that...but the standard of commentary is absolutely crap. If it's the same American bloke who does every match, then there's virtually no point in tuning in.
                                YUCK... American commentary for football sounds absolutely shit and should be against the law haha !! They should stick to their baseball and NFL.
                                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

Working...
                                X