X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

REN-SHEN - First Macedonian superhero is alive

Dear all, it is my pleasure to introduce you to a little project of mine I commenced during the Covid crazy times. It all started when I was having a little fun on Youtube and someone suggested I could write a book about a little amusing story I wrote.

Anyway, the first weekend I went at it, 10,000 words had been written and I quickly realised how much fun I was having. Four months later, the 1st draft was completed and some dear friends/clients have been proof-reading and suggesting edits.

Anyway, waiting for the book cover to be finalised before it goes up for sale.

I have created an online presence for the new legend, please give it a whirl:

www.ren-shen.com

Here is a synopsis of the first book titled REN-SHEN Half Spirit:

In the first of the REN-SHEN series, Steve Nedelkin commences his journey into the supernatural. After the tragedy of events at a fighting tournament, he begins to learn the truth of his ancestral ties.

His path leads him to Japan where he finds true love with the beautiful Megumi. He also gains more insight into his incredible abilities with the help of Temyana, a powerful Orphic priestess bound to his bloodline under an ancient oath.

All is dramatically taken away from him by his very own father-in-law, the evil Kumicho, a powerful demon and one of The Few.

Steve finds redemption in Fujian China with the god Si-Ming, Director of Destinies. He discovers his inextricable link to the great Five Ancestors of Shaolin which ultimately reveals his divine decree as Ren-Shen, God of Justice.

But to summon his god, he must find what Kumicho took away from him …. his humanity.
    I'd like a thank a couple of MTO guys for some input:

SoM, with his eagle eye, reviewed my draft and made some editing suggestions etc.

Rogi provided some suggestions relating to Macedonian mysticism. I employed a couple in the storyline to useful effect.

Much appreciated, thank you kind sirs.

Anyway, second book is well underway. The Zoroastrian will be significant, as will the Elioud .... while REN-SHEN administers justice with his lion energy and the spirits of the great five ancestors of Shaolin!

Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Dejan
    • Sep 2008

Well done Risto.

So gospod napred (infact, that is a decent catch cry for your hero)
    You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Thanks very much Dejan, and not a bad idea!
      Risto the Great

Comment

• JPMKD
        • Mar 2016

Nice. I visited the site. Looks interesting. Let us know when it goes up on Amazon!
        (Nice use of lockdown time!)
        Not a Northadonian

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Having gone through the first installment of the series in its entirety, I can honestly say that it was a refreshing break from the depressing state of Macedonian reality. It integrates Macedonian elements into an fascinating story which transports you to a semi-fictional world where the struggle between good and evil is ever present. You will find new and familiar themes, both from the perspective of Macedonian history and popular culture, but taken to a different, and at times, confronting level. As a person that usually prefers to delve into the analytics of historical record as opposed to the world of creative writing, it felt good to imagine just a little. I would encourage you all to read it. And well done, Risto.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Karposh
            • Aug 2015

This from the web site:

" Chris Milanko is a legend. Just ask him."
            - Chris' Wife, Weekly News
            LOL...I'm not a shrinking violet by any stretch of the imagination but I wish I could have just some of your confidence Risto! Well done on the site BTW...Looks good. I haven't got into it just yet but I'll have to enter the world of Ren Shen one of these days.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Having gone through the first installment of the series in its entirety, I can honestly say that it was a refreshing break from the depressing state of Macedonian reality. It integrates Macedonian elements into an fascinating story which transports you to a semi-fictional world where the struggle between good and evil is ever present. You will find new and familiar themes, both from the perspective of Macedonian history and popular culture, but taken to a different, and at times, confronting level. As a person that usually prefers to delve into the analytics of historical record as opposed to the world of creative writing, it felt good to imagine just a little. I would encourage you all to read it. And well done, Risto.
              That's awesome mate. Thanks. I think I've been more surprised than anyone with how it has been received so far. I'm well into book 2 and the plot is thickening to an epic degree. It's been so much fun. T-shirts on the way. One already reserved for SoM.

Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                LOL...I'm not a shrinking violet by any stretch of the imagination but I wish I could have just some of your confidence Risto! Well done on the site BTW...Looks good. I haven't got into it just yet but I'll have to enter the world of Ren Shen one of these days.
                Thanks K. What can I say, in truth most of us have some self-doubt. I don't. LoL

I'm still waiting on the book cover artwork. It's the only thing stopping publishing. The TV series is contingent upon perfect imagery here! I know you think I must be kidding myself, but it's truly only a matter of time! (refer to your original comment)
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                  Well done on the site BTW...Looks good.
                  Within a few days I learned enough about graphics and web design to make the website. Next is more time on video editing for Youtube. Never enough time for the fun stuff!
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

I love the quotes from your wife and mother. No idea what the other one says.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

I've been practicing self-love for years now.
                      Last edited by Risto the Great; 11-15-2020, 01:23 AM.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

https://www.ren-shen.com/holy-shirt/

Dear friends.
                        I am pleased to announce availability of the REN-SHEN Holy Shirt on Amazon for USA customers only (for now). The advertisement is here because any money made from the T-Shirts (if you let me know it was from here) will be donated to MTO for ongoing upkeep of this site.

I am quite partial to the red one ;-)

More details at: https://www.ren-shen.com/holy-shirt/
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

First 3 chapters available for immediate download here.

So much happens after this. We watch our hero grow up very quickly soon after. I hope you enjoy the unique fighting descriptions. Feel free to sign up for more news.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Dear friends.
                            The book is published. Paperback soon, but Kindle format already available here.

Amazon AU
                            Amazon US

Most other Amazon sites will have it. Please search for "REN-SHEN Half Spirit"

If you enjoy martial arts and a hell of a story, please give it a whirl.

Very pleased with the book cover:

Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              Very pleased with the book cover:

Congrats mate and awesome book cover!!
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                              X