X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Given that, do you think there's a chance of real peace between Macedonians and ethnic Albanians in Macedonia?
    Never. Think of two small children fighting over a toy, one loses one wins.

There won't be peace but the conflict will die down, mostly because we will have died off, moved away, and given up on the Macedonian identity. In short it will be because they will have won and we won't be left with a leg to stand on.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
      • Apr 2014

I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
        Did you post that page to corroborate a point of view or to outline how many Islamic ethnic groups there were in Ottoman Macedonia?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Did you post that page to corroborate a point of view or to outline how many Islamic ethnic groups there were in Ottoman Macedonia?
          The latter. Just demography.
          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
            The latter. Just demography.
            Thank the Ottomans for that and for their deliberate policy of trying to dilute the Christian population. Prior to them, none were there, even the ethnic Albanians (who were formerly Christian) were barely present when looking at Macedonia as a whole.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Thank the Ottomans for that and for their deliberate policy of trying to dilute the Christian population. Prior to them, none were there, even the ethnic Albanians (who were formerly Christian) were barely present when looking at Macedonia as a whole.
              I believe many (if not most) Albanians ended up in Ottoman Macedonia during the Tanzimat reforms.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Well this is interesting. Was not aware of the existence of a 'Apostolic Vicariate of Macedonia' in the 19th century.

Comment

• Apr 2014

This is quite interesting, something I had no idea bout.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Anyone know more about the Yugoslav government encouraging Macedonian Muslims to identify as Albanian or Turkish during the 1960s? Also relevant to the huge exodus of Macedonian Muslims to Turkey (in particular Izmir) during the same period

Comment

Working...
                    X