• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TerraNova
    Banned
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
    I live in the Diaspora since i was 10 yrs old, my Greek suffered a bit, I guess that makes me not Greek.

TN,
    I dont know why you would attack me, but now I feel I must respond.
    You can tell alot from someones grammar I see...
    You should try reading your english sometimes
    I promise i will try improving my English, but Greek is my mother language.
    Since you claim you have grown up (till 10) in Greece, Greek would be your mother language too ..and not Babelfish.

you seem like you consider yourself an expert in origins of the people in northern Greece, and you dont like anyone else telling you about your people. - fair enough.

yet, you would like to give me a thorough lesson on my roots.

you like to tell us about your family's deep roots in Macedonia-I am happy to hear from you.

let me tell you about my family roots.

my great-grandparents were born in the 1870s in Lakonia . They spoke greek only.....
    as did their parents and grand parents.

According to you, we are not Greek?
    Tsakonian is still spoken in towns within a half hour hour from where I was born.
    The south my friend, regardless of what era you want to talk about, has always been the heart and soul of Greece
    Alot of you northern Greeks should come to terms with this

Put it this way
    If im not Greek, you cant be Greek
    The "Laconia story" is ok for your compatriots in the forum ...but not for me.
    Now you can go on pretending...
    Last edited by TerraNova; 02-12-2009, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• TerraNova
      Banned
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
      You see Risto and SoM
      This division between Greeks of the South and North is old, very old.
      Its not a new thing at all.
      I will never accept a "Greek-Macedonian" questioning my roots, never.
      I would rather listen to TM all day about how not even 1 Greek exists in the whole world, than allow a "Greek-Macedonian" to ever question me.
      Not in this lifetime.....
      Yeah yeah sure.
      Watch 300 once more...and you ll become 100% Spartan..

Comment

• Spartan
        • Sep 2008

TN
        Re karagiozi tou borra
        Then mbopo na katalabo ti akpibos exis me mena
        Thio koubentes eipa, k'esi petaxtikes san to pourthi ap'to bpaki
        Giati pe malaka??

By the way, I didnt like 300
        Secondly, I would have to be an idiot to take advice on finding my true roots from a "Greek Macedonian"
        The irony is more than I can bear.....

The south my friend, regardless of what era you want to talk about, has always been the heart and soul of Greece
        Tsouzi e??
        I can only imagine how this FACT must burn you people....
        Last edited by Spartan; 02-12-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Hahaha! This is like 2 years ago when the "Greeks" in Melbourne were organising the Greek Thessaloniki Festival in Melbourne.

The 'real' Greeks didn't want any part of it, nor to attend, nor to assist, nor to know about it.

There was a lot of in-fighting in the Greek community, between the 'real' Greeks and the wannabe (Prosfyigi & Grkomani) Greeks, with the real 'Greeks' calling the wannabe's all sorts of names and teasing them for trying so hard to be big Greeks which they could never really be...

* By 'real' Greeks, however inaccurate that may be, I refer to those who have origins in what was Greece in 1830.

Comment

• Spartan
            • Sep 2008

Rogi
            You may find this humerous, but I will be honest with you, it pains me to bicker with a countryman over this bullshit. I have never called out TN, only responded to his insults towards me. I still dont know why he calls me out, as I have never insulted him without being instigated.

PS
            I will never start a topic again
            This one has become a disgrace
            I meant it to be the 'Macedonia v Moldova' thread for christs sake....
            Last edited by Spartan; 02-12-2009, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

Spartan, I think it stems from some deep sub-conscious understanding and knowledge of ethnic/tribal difference, not from anything else.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Rogi, I think you are right.
                But I think it ends with meaningless drivel about superiority in the context of a modern concept called "nationalism". We Macedonians are fighting mostly against Christian refugees from Turkey who feel they have a greater claim to Macedonia than we have. It is a pissing contest and TN is having one with Spartan.

Spartan, like us, is compromised because of his Western upbringing. This makes TN think he has the upper hand due to his lifetime of indoctrination. TN says he is from Northern Greece which makes everybody question his identity. The Greeks from the South had an extra 80 years to firm up their national identity and indeed come from a stock that has more of what we associate with Greekness in the modern era. Greeks from the North were something else and we can still remember what they used to be. Except for TN naturally whose ancestors lived in a mansion by the sea.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Spartan
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                  Spartan, I think it stems from some deep sub-conscious understanding and knowledge of ethnic/tribal difference, not from anything else.
                  You could be right Rogi
                  I just know that alot of these northern Greeks have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to us for some reason....

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

I find it laughable that a bad experiment gone wrong such as the 'Northern Greeks' are questioning the Greekness of someone who stems from Sparta.

Teranov(is), give it a rest.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TerraNova
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      I find it laughable that a bad experiment gone wrong such as the 'Northern Greeks' are questioning the Greekness of someone who stems from Sparta.

Teranov(is), give it a rest.
                      You didn't get it right.
                      I m not here (or anywhere )to question anyone's ethnicity ,or feelings.

I just doubt that Spartan is really a Greek,but he pretends to be one-that's my personal conclusion,i may be wrong,maybe not.

Not Greek in the stupid ultra-nationalist sense of blood fantasies that you have, but just not Greek.

Anyway...even if he is ,i must inform him that Laconian population after 371 BC, consisted by Helots and Perioikoi (more than 90%-95%) and a small minority of the ruling Homoioi Spartans.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

I got it completely right, stop lying and contradicting yourself.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spartan
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                          Anyway...even if he is ,i must inform him that Laconian population after 371 BC, consisted by Helots and Perioikoi (more than 90%-95%) and a small minority of the ruling Homoioi Spartans.
                          This is true
                          However, I am directly descended, father to son, from that small percent
                          As much as you doubt that I am Greek, I have no doubt of your Bulgarian roots
                          Can we just leave it at that, and get back to discussing more meaninful topics?
                          Last edited by Spartan; 02-15-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• osiris
                            • Sep 2008

so now terranova is the arbiter of not just our ethnicity but also spartans, a natural progression i guess. the northern greeks if that you mean the decendents of the prosfigi have a chip on their shoulder because ,

1 most of them witnessed their grandparents tenuous links with greekness.

2 they dont live in historical greece, they live in macedonia, on our land.

spartan you are right this thread is about football, sorry to pollute it.

did you watch the game and who do you follow in the various euro leagues outside greece. for the record i am an ac milan and arsenal fan, but i dont really follow any one else.
                            Last edited by osiris; 02-15-2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Spartan
                              • Sep 2008

I cant believe you just said those two teams.
                              Outside of Greece,I have always liked Arsenal and AC Milan as well and I follow them.
                              In Spain I like Barca, but dont really follow them as closely.
                              Red star Belgrade is another team I support.
                              Did you watch the Milan derby today, Inter v AC? Was a good game, but our 'Rossaneri" lost 2-1

My true and number 1 passion is Olympiakos however, and they get the majority of my attention, as I am an avid supporter and club member.I can handle any of my other 'favorite' teams I mentioned above losing, but an Oly loss will make me have a bad week-lol
                              I do follow the UEFA Champions league, and the UEFA cup very closely.
                              Both tournys are starting back up over the next week after the winter break, I cant wait.

I did not watch the Macedonia friendly as Greece was playng a friendly of their own at the same time. I am actually shocked that you guys didnt win at home vs Moldova.They have been in Greeces qualifying groups for this WC and the last Euro, so we have played them often over the last 3 and a half years, and I have come to see they are a weak team. A guy like Pandev should have terrorized them, and beat them on his own. Its a friendly though, so the result doesnt mean anything. The coaches use these games as experiments, so I do not read too much into the results of friendlies.

And dont apologise Osiris
                              No need for that my friend
                              Last edited by Spartan; 02-15-2009, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• osiris
                                • Sep 2008

unfortunately macedonian sportsmen lack the killer instinct these days , and often cruise instead of going for the juggular. no i didnt see the dreby mate. isnt olympiakos the team of the political left in greece.

Comment

Working...
                                X