• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demos
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
    Look bro,i realy dont hate greeks,if some one commes on my way and say to may face that i dont existe,i will probebly crash his face to ''parčinja''
    but steel i accept them as our orthodox cousins,i just want them to admite our truth,i dont want them to colapse,just simple thing,to admit the truth!

Is that so hard?
    Sarafot,

I'm having a forum discussion with you, am I not. It's obvious you exist, but when I hear irredentist type talk, I find it comical. Just as comical to hear Greeks saying they will invade x country and "liberate lost lands".

Those days in the Balkans are over. Whoever is advocating such things lives in the past. There is a reason why the Balkans is considered the ghetto of Europe and it all has to do with everyone's mentality. Our heads and minds are so focused on the past that we forget to look to the future.

You can't drive a car forward if all you're doing is looking in the rear view mirror. Eventually, you'll crash.

Comment

• Sarafot
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
      Sarafot,

I'm having a forum discussion with you, am I not. It's obvious you exist, but when I hear irredentist type talk, I find it comical. Just as comical to hear Greeks saying they will invade x country and "liberate lost lands".

Those days in the Balkans are over. Whoever is advocating such things lives in the past. There is a reason why the Balkans is considered the ghetto of Europe and it all has to do with everyone's mentality. Our heads and minds are so focused on the past that we forget to look to the future.

You can't drive a car forward if all you're doing is looking in the rear view mirror. Eventually, you'll crash.
      Man i dont live in past,even so i'm modern traditionalist,i just want to be what i am,not what others want me to be.

Will you ever manige to call me Macedonian????????
      Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
      - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Demos
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

Man i dont live in past,even so i'm modern traditionalist,i just want to be what i am,not what others want me to be.

Will you ever manige to call me Macedonian????????
        I have met Macedonians in real life and didn't really care about what they called themselves. It has little effect on my own personal life. Just as me saying I'm Greek has little effect on a person's life who lives in Skopje trying to work and feed his family.

Personally I don't think that Greeks in general have a problem with the name itself. I think the problems occur when one group (on either side) wants to monopolize the name, history, and culture. Look at what has happened now; the fanatics are controlling the "debates" and all you have is mudslinging and insults.

This issue should have been solved many years ago, but politicians will always pander to the lowest common denominator and peoples sense of nationalism.

Comment

• Sarafot
          • Dec 2008

I have met Macedonians in real life and didn't really care about what they called themselves. It has little effect on my own personal life. Just as me saying I'm Greek has little effect on a person's life who lives in Skopje trying to work and feed his family.

Personally I don't think that Greeks in general have a problem with the name itself. I think the problems occur when one group (on either side) wants to monopolize the name, history, and culture. Look at what has happened now; the fanatics are controlling the "debates" and all you have is mudslinging and insults.

This issue should have been solved many years ago, but politicians will always pander to the lowest common denominator and peoples sense of nationalism.
          Well i belive you have meat,some jurks which are working in Aegean Macedonia with Bulgar passport or Eliniki visa!!
          What do you think they will say to you!
          Tray your luck elsewhere?!
          Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
          - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

but when I hear irredentist type talk, I find it comical. Just as comical to hear Greeks saying they will invade x country and "liberate lost lands".
            Refreshing comments Demos.
            I actually agree. I accept the Macedonians of Greece were victims of ethnocide. And that the Republic of Macedonia is the last remnant of a much greater Macedonian identity. As a consequence, I want it preserved. The Greeks will not even allow the little country to have one moment to celebrate its identity on the world stage. I find that comical (to begin with). Then it enrages me. Then I demand my ancestors gravestones be restored in Macedonian writing in Greece, then I demand the ports of Solun. Get it?

You talk about monopolising a name. This was a name that was avoided for a very long time in Greece. Now it has been embraced to ridiculous proportions. Do Macedonians really have to suffer because of yet another change in mindset of your politicians? There will be monopolising as long as there are Macedonians. Greeks already know this, that is why they call themselves ridiculous names like Greek Macedonians.

I urge you to answer SoM's post about the acknowledgment of the Macedonian identity 100 years earlier in Greece as compared to now. Do you have an answer, because I sure as hell don't.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Here is one about languages of Ellada!

YouTube - Jazicite vo Grcija - Protagonistes 23-04-2002
              Le le a Macedonian right next to the White Tower in Solun!
              He looked like he was packing bombs too .... alright ... any minute now.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• sydney
                • Sep 2008

I came across this chestnut on Facebook the other day, being used as a banner image on what I assume is a hardcore (confused) Grkoman.

If I’m not mistaken, does the image say slavophone Greeks are the true Macedonians, or something to that effect? Maybe someone can help.

This person’s profile (which is public) has the typical Grkoman signs - heavily involved in the Greek church, heavily involved in the city/village local association (Greek version), political posts, Macedonian dancing and songs, the list goes on.
                Last edited by sydney; 12-29-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Carlin
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by sydney View Post
                  If I’m not mistaken, does the image say slavophone Greeks are the true Macedonians, or something to that effect? Maybe someone can help.
                  It appears to say:

Slavophone Hellenes of Macedonia

We are Macedonians, the ancient genus (race) of Hellenes - now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen.
                  Last edited by Carlin; 01-07-2020, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Antonhal
                    • Nov 2019

I hope someone schools this fella and explains things to him. haha
                    Hi!

Comment

• Karposh
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Antonhal View Post
                      I hope someone schools this fella and explains things to him. haha
                      The Greek poster declares:

"Zoshto Makedonija e Grcija! Nashata dusha e Grchka!"
                      In Yugoslavija it would've sounded like:
                      "Zoshto Makedonija e Slovenska! Nashata dusha e Slovenska!"

In Bulgaria it would've sounded (and still sounds) like:
                      "Zoshto Makedonija e Bugarska! Nashata dusha e Bugarska!"

Dumb Macedonians indeed...

BTW, welcome to the forum Anton!

Comment

• Karposh
                        • Aug 2015

The following short, 14 second, video is from a few years ago. From the video's description:

"Media conference held at Macedonia’s Foreign Affairs Ministry, Skopje, The Republic of Macedonia, 31 August 2017. An impromptu question to Greek Foreign Minister Nikolaos Kotzias from Australian journalist and film maker Sasha Uzunov about human rights for ethnic Macedonians in Greece ignored. Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov looks at his media handler (off-camera) who then intervenes."

Media conference held at Macedonia’s Foreign Affairs Ministry, Skopje, The Republic of Macedonia, 31 August 2017. An impromptu question to Greek Foreign Mini...

Just look at that treacherous maggot squirm in his seat as the question about Human Rights for his own people is being asked of the Greek Minister. Dumb Macedonians doesn't even begin to describe it.

Comment

• Spirit
                          • May 2015

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                          The following short, 14 second, video is from a few years ago. From the video's description:

"Media conference held at Macedonia’s Foreign Affairs Ministry, Skopje, The Republic of Macedonia, 31 August 2017. An impromptu question to Greek Foreign Minister Nikolaos Kotzias from Australian journalist and film maker Sasha Uzunov about human rights for ethnic Macedonians in Greece ignored. Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov looks at his media handler (off-camera) who then intervenes."

Media conference held at Macedonia’s Foreign Affairs Ministry, Skopje, The Republic of Macedonia, 31 August 2017. An impromptu question to Greek Foreign Mini...

Just look at that treacherous maggot squirm in his seat as the question about Human Rights for his own people is being asked of the Greek Minister. Dumb Macedonians doesn't even begin to describe it.

Yeah the fucking traitorous maggot. He blocked me on Twitter the fucking weasel after I posted this response below to one of his tweets

“Nikola has crawled out from his hole. Do you know what a “grub” is Nikola? A grub is one of the lowest forms of life but also in some English speaking countries it is used colloquially to describe a lowlife, but know this Nikola you a lower than a grub”

This must have gotten to him and I had to have a big laugh, after months of responding to him calling him out correctly as a traitorous son of a bitch, a northern scumbag, piece of shit etc and repeatedly calling him out for his lies and betrayals he got upset about the above comment, must have really hit a raw nerve

Comment

• Karposh
                            • Aug 2015

Good on you Spirit! Careful they don't blacklist you and make you persona non grata to Northdonia

There are so many more examples out there of this piece of shit being a complete traitor for all to see but, the truly sad thing is, most people in the republic look on him with reverence and admiration as some kind of Master Diplomat. Again, brain-dead Macedonians who resemble zombies more than they do normal-functioning and cognizant human beings.

Comment

Working...
                            X