Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Bad Sven
    • Jan 2009

Paul Peos is another macedonian who played AFL.

His family are an old macedonian family that settled in Manjimup (manjimup was probably the first and oldest macedonian settlements in Australia).

The Peos winery is nestled in the heart of Manjimup, in Western Australia's stunning southwest corner.

Apparently Jason Trianedes who played for St Kilda is macedonian.Same as another St Kilda player Alex Marcou.

On Ang Christou, macedonians from Melbourne tell me that he is a grkoman, and that he can speak macedonian perfectly. Apparently in the 80's he was a fene sitter, but became a patriotic "greek" in the 90's.

I heard Daniel Metroplolis was a grkoman as well.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      When you see a group of Macedonians gathering at home to watch the Footy and worse the Aglo affliction with farken Cricket
      there isn’t a worse sight in the World.

Peter was a great patriot he chose the wrong sport but he was a fighter that sadly no matter how many times he drummed it down the local media they always saw him as a Greek, stupid un Worldly Austrlians

Whilst that little poof for the West Coast was so thoroughly assimilated I would never see him as a Macedonian
      Speaking of Cricket, Len Pascoe is of macedonian origion. He came to Australia with the serbinized name of "Lenin Durtanovich", but his family anglisized their names when in Australia. Opposition cricket players used to give him shit about that, saying things such as: "a tiger never changes its spots".

I have actually met Mark Nicoski, probably one of the biggest douche AFL players i have ever met, has got a hot girl friend though, a model or something.

Comment

• Dats
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Why did they make unique rules? Why not Rugby rules?
        None of the rules were unique they were a compromise of rules of various football games played in England, football had not yet formed a universal set of rules unlike cricket.

The Cultural bond:sport, empire, society, J. A. Mangan page 114

At this time Thompson wrote of combining the merits while excluding the vices of both Rugby School and Eton College rules but writing to Wills some eleven years later he enlarged on that 'You may remember when you Mr. Hammersley, Mr. T. Smith and myself framed the first code of rules for Victorian use. The Rugby, Eton, Harrow and Winchester rules at that time (I think in 1859) came under consideration... ' The result of this consideration was the formulation of ten rules, seven of which were fair straightforward decsions, not differing significantly from their counterparts at Rugby School and Cambridge University.

Comment

• Blagojce
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
          I have actually met Mark Nicoski, probably one of the biggest douche AFL players i have ever met, has got a hot girl friend though, a model or something.
          Why what was wrong with him? A bit ?

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
            • Jan 2009

Apparently jockey Danny Nikolic is macedonian:

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Blagojce View Post
              Why what was wrong with him? A bit ?
              I just dont like him because when my little cousin asked for his autograph Nicoski said no lol

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                Apparently jockey Danny Nikolic is macedonian:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225939429469
                Never heard of that before, like the article says, straight from Nikolic's mouth in an interview:
                Are you too volatile?

I'm very passionate. I might have a bit of rich blood in me being from a Macedonian background. Maybe in the heat of the moment I say things that are a bit harsh, but I'm straight to the point.
                By his own admission, looks like he's a Macedonian too.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                  Anthony Koutafedes is half Greek Half Italian but he is a Macedonian Zet, he is married to Klime's daughter the Ohrigjanec. That guy was a singer
                  Prolet I just asked my dad and he said he knows Klime, se his childen will have Macedonian blood lets see if the greeks can deny this it would be fun when they cant answer you back.
                  Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Kosturski Orel
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by julie View Post
                    Ange Christou I have heard is Macedonian, so grko mani familia od Florina
                    Wrong on all fronts.

Father is a Macedonian from Tikveni Kostur.

Grand father was in the VMRO militias of 1943/44 and paid with his life for his patriotism as he was executed by the Greeks.

Ang's mother Ermioni is of Pontian background. She is a sympathetic lady who learned Macedonian to fit in with her husbands relatives.

Ang's late father spoke pretty much Macedonian 95% of the time and knew full well what his origins were.

Ang due to being a mixture of both Macedonian and Greek is a fence sitter.

The Greeks seized him as one of their own, but Ang also has been known to be matey with John Markovski, hang out at Diamonds from time to time back in the day and attended the funeral of Risto Altin at Sveti Georgi MOC.

He speaks Greek and Macedonian and he is a genuinely nice bloke that embraces all aspects of his background, be it Greek and Macedonian.

Those of you casting aspersions on his background are being rather harsh.

Comment

• Kosturski Orel
                      • Apr 2012

Daniel Metropoulis (Mitrov) is from the now annihilated Kostur village of Chuka.

In 1948, Chuka was napalmed out of existance by US bombers.

Chukenci now live enmasse in Skopje and in Bulgaria.

Metropoulos grand parents came out to Perth in the 1930's and as I understand they are not Grkomani at all.

His sisters name is the typically Macedonian "Dana".

Comment

• Kosturski Orel
                        • Apr 2012

Paul Peos (Pejov) origins are from the village of Maala Lerinsko.

John Gastev(ic) origins are from the village of Capari Bitola

Alex Marcou from Nered Lerinsko

The Christou brothers who played for Fitzroy in the 1970's had origins from Rosen Lerinsko.

Jason Trianidis = Maco dad from Kabasnica Lerinsko and a Prosfiga mum.

Sam Philipou who played for Footscray - grand parents from Kotori Lerinsko

Johnny Mrakov who played for Collingwood and Richmond - dad from Sekulevo Lerinsko

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Kosturski Orel View Post
                          Paul Peos (Pejov) origins are from the village of Maala Lerinsko.

John Gastev(ic) origins are from the village of Capari Bitola

Alex Marcou from Nered Lerinsko

The Christou brothers who played for Fitzroy in the 1970's had origins from Rosen Lerinsko.

Jason Trianidis = Maco dad from Kabasnica Lerinsko and a Prosfiga mum.

Sam Philipou who played for Footscray - grand parents from Kotori Lerinsko

Johnny Mrakov who played for Collingwood and Richmond - dad from Sekulevo Lerinsko
                          I'm a Richmond supporter and I remember Johnny Mrakov well

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
                            I'm a Richmond supporter and I remember Johnny Mrakov well
                            ...you poor bastard, you have the best club song in the AFL with rarely a chance to sing it...lol

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              ...you poor bastard, you have the best club song in the AFL with rarely a chance to sing it...lol

Don't worry we'll be up there soon

I promise this time is if different lol

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                                • Nov 2009

This is the first year the Tigers havent won the wooden spoon well done
                                Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

Working...
                                X