X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Seriously, is it just me that finds the "ethnic" label somewhat demeaning in the promotional blurb?
    For a while now, I have been consistently voicing my discontent with the use of the 'ethnic' prefix when unnecessary. And it is necessary only in a limited context.

From the first part of the promotional blurb where it speaks of the "ethnic Macedonian community", I have an issue with the wording. Unless it is absolutely required, don't use the 'ethnic' prefix. I am trying to remember the last time it was necessary for the French to over-stipulate the "ethnic French" nature of their food or culture. I can't.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      For a while now, I have been consistently voicing my discontent with the use of the 'ethnic' prefix when unnecessary. And it is necessary only in a limited context.

From the first part of the promotional blurb where it speaks of the "ethnic Macedonian community", I have an issue with the wording. Unless it is absolutely required, don't use the 'ethnic' prefix. I am trying to remember the last time it was necessary for the French to over-stipulate the "ethnic French" nature of their food or culture. I can't.
      Good point, in the context of the promo its totally unwarranted.

Without making an apology for the wording, I wonder how much as Australians we've been sucked into this way of thinking...over the years, terms like "multi-culturalism" and "ethnic" have been rammed down our throats on a daily basis, its almost a 'cover-up' for anything "un-Australian" in an effort to make it more palatable to the wider Australian community...(?)

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

It is largely a reaction against those who wish for us to alter our own Macedonian name, and those who wish for us to immorally 'share' our name. As a result we have increasingly used the 'ethnic' prefix, however, it is now reaching such a level that is beginning to attach itself in everday terminology when it is simply not required. When we read Macedonians, it means Macedonian in the ethno-cultural-linguistic sense. Should a distinction be required for those who do not fall in this category, but reside in, or descend from Macedonian territory, the reference of 'geographic Macedonian' is sufficient enough.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• XRVOL
          • Jan 2009

Website is up and running. Fixtures are on there. Great effort by all of the clubs.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• Macedon-Order
            • Jun 2009

Preston Makedonia FC

As most of you here might know PMFC is in a desperate relegation battle for its survival in Victorian football. An amazing draw against Langwarrin on Saturday saw Preston clear of definate relegation (with the pushkari going down the drain despite a set-up game with a fellow Greek club aimed at finishing PMFC off for good).

We now have to playoff against the winner of Diamond Valley and Whittlesea Ranges, on the 26th (2pm kickoff) at the Servian Sports Centre in Springvale (310-322 Perry Rd Keysborough 3173).

I encourage every Macedonian on this board to come down and support the club in its greatest time of need, its either victory or death for Preston Makedonia.

DA ZHIVEE MAKEDONIA!

Comment

• Macedon-Order
              • Jun 2009

Can mods on this forum make this topic a sticky.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Done.

Thanks for the update Macedon-Order, and let's hope we get a good turnout. Preston Makedonia were a legendary team only a couple of decades ago, may they reach their former status again.

Comment

• sydney
                  • Sep 2008

what has happened to macedonian clubs in victoria? once-proud clubs are now playing in the cow paddock leagues. so it appears the 2011 premier league season will not contain a macedonian club? rezil.

Comment

• indigen
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by sydney View Post
                    what has happened to macedonian clubs in victoria? once-proud clubs are now playing in the cow paddock leagues. so it appears the 2011 premier league season will not contain a macedonian club? rezil.
                    I am not sure but perhaps the advent of Jole Karevski in 1995/6 and his use of community church funds for his legal actions against other Macedonians and Macedonian church communities and for lavish wages for himself and his deputies instead of being utilised to fund community projects such as Preston Lions might be one reason why.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

It appears that the people who were in positions of power were crooks, as several of the players weren't paid and still haven't been paid. Then again, the Macedonian grkomani from Hiedelberg aren't much better with 60 year old men trying to have fist-fights in the dressing room. This problem is not unique to Macedonians, but it is most unfortunate about Preston, because they were a class A team, a tight unit that could match it with South and Melbourne Knights on any day.

It didn't help having those jesters with a collection plate on behalf of Ljube the traitor either. Macedonians need to become lean in their thinking, no more room for traitors, thieves and sellouts. When Preston was lean and mean, it was a source of pride for all Macedonians in Australia and a particularly unifying force among Macedonians from Bitolsko, Prilepsko, Lerinsko, Kostursko and other places.

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Ahhhhh Preston Makedonia.

Its where i learn't how to be a Macedonian. Where all Macedonian males used to gather like an army every sundays arm in arm chant together, fight together, commiserate and celebrate together.

sometimes watch some football.

Seriously, some of my most memorable times in my life came from that club. I spent special moments with my Father, Brothers, Uncles, cousins, friends.
                        I made many friends at the club which some i would call Brothers. Till this day when we cross paths we remember each other and hug and talk about the good old days and momentarily (just like back then) forget about all the problems in our lives. This is what Preston Makedonia did for us.

There were legends at the club and i will remember till the day i die.
                        George McMillan- there would never be a most loyal non Macedonian player like him

The Old man that played the Trumpet- mainly the tune (Makedoncite se borat)

zule- some sort of assistant who was always near the bench and who copt a lot of shit from the crowd and i never knew why but he took it all, it was like water off the ducks back.

The man with the Deep loud voice- winning or loosing, he used to chant never ending loud and slow "MAKEDONIA" that could be heard from miles away. (He was Sash Ogdanovski's father) Unfortunatley he has passed away.

It breaks my heart what this club is going through.
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Macedon-Order
                          • Jun 2009

Pmfc

Preston Makedonia FC has gone through hard times, however a new committee has been elected who can be trusted and will do their best to restore the club to its former glory (along with the help needed from the Macedonian community).

Preston still is and can be a community centre of Macedonian nationalism. The club will be aiming for promotion into the VPL next year, providing we win the playoff next Sunday.

Comment

• sf.
                            • Jan 2010

Update:

Preston defeated Diamond Valley 1:0 in front of a decent crowd. Congratulations to the team, it was an incredible achievement to survive this year, given the massive head start they had given the teams above them up to mid way through the season.
                            Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Well done to all of the boys, napred Makedonia!

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                                • Jan 2010

Macedonian Soccer/Football Chants

Does anyone know where I can find some chants from soccer matches in Macedonia, preferably the national team. I've found a few on youtube, but I'm looking for a few more.
                                If anyone knows a chant that is used at games feel free to post it in words aswell.
                                The reason for me asking is because with the new Fifa 11 game, it is possible to upload your own chants to play during a match. Unfortunately you can't play as Macedonia, but we still have Goran Pandev at Inter Milan.
                                I haven't tried out the feature yet, but a couple more chants would be great, along with my Aston Villa chants that I have found thus far.
                                Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X